Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 09:41:37 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Da Monza: July 07, 2009
July 07, 2009, 09:41:51 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +0.994
---
1 1:02:22.063
---
38 1:37.065
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.055
---
2 +0.036
---
38 1:36.598
---
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:36.780
---
3 +21.164
---
38 1:38.151
---
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +0.897
---
4 +31.463
---
38 1:37.832
---
Dunlop  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +1.055
---
5 +1:03.220
---
38 1:39.042
---
Dunlop  
Dave Randall

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +0.768
---
6 +10L
---
28 1:37.882
---
Dunlop  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.654
---
7 +35L
---
3 1:39.333
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 3 +0.183
---
8 +0.031
---
3 1:39.552
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +0.804
---
9 +38L
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.044
---
10 (+3)
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
6 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

The title for the best Brabham chassis lasted until the Lesmos on lap 1, but who was the aggressor and who was the victim?

John Roberts faced some stiff competition for the title all season long and had to finish on the podium to seal it following Fulvio's win.

Disappointingly there were only 10 entrants for the final round but the ranks will be swelled by 3 more Novices taking the plunge into Pro next season. I trust that all Amateurs will make them feel welcome.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m20s

Well, the incident that everybody was talking about did not get reported so according to the rules I will not moderate it.

I think it deserves a mention however, if only to say that perhaps Lap 1 at Monza under Pro rules presents far better overtaking opportunities than either of the Lesmos, whether on the inside or the outside.

Anybody attempting a pass here on either line must be sure to stick to their half of the track.

Perhaps next season the pass could be done on the many miles of straight, open road considering it was Lap 1.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m30s

Rejoined racing line in front of me, approx. 20mph under full race pace pace.

Geoff recovered from a spin at Lesmo 1 and exited Lesmo 2 at race speed. Hristo was recovering from a tangle with Fulvio and moved over to the racing line.

With damage to Hristo's car pulling it left or not, Geoff was clear in Hristo's mirrors and was always going to take the line he did.

Hristo should have kept right or allowed the track to clear before retaking the circuit and getting up to speed

Blatant Bad Rejoin

Penalty 2 places + 1 extra for a lap 1 incident.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Jul 7  (Read 7540 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:44 AM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 17 - Amateurs Trophy - Race 10 - Monza

Once again Italy's Monza plays host to the final race of the UKGPL season, and the excitement around the new slipstream patch and its full effects are making this race hotly anticipated. We should see some good close racing here with a few lead changes and hopefully none of it will end in a heap at Lesmo 1.

John Roberts seems to have done the hard work but still has a bit to do and Hristo will be ringing every ounce of horsepower he can find, and some he can't, out of his BT7. Fulvio will be hoping to pounce and pick up the spoils making him a threat, albeit an underdog.

Thoughts inevitably will turn to next season and chassis alocation must be decided upon. What would make it easier is if every driver entering the Amateurs Trophy in Season 18 would post their preferred chassis and a second preference.

As always drivers should be especially careful on lap 1 particularly at Lesmo 1 as it IS a valid overtaking place despite the opportunities the slipstream patch and the wide nature of the track will present elsewhere.

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages.

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race.

The 65 mod V2 update is being used by UKGPL and the updated layout features are very welcome, with the ability to record best lap times at addon tracks and to have 65 specific tracks. The new collision boxes are also a great improvement.  Though the new slipstream code will need extensive testing, the preliminary race seemed to show that it would be a definite improvement in racing terms, without the controversy over its extent, as with the 66 mod.

Thanks to all involved with producing the update.  If the new slipsteam code works as well as it seems it might, perhaps it could help persuade the authors of the 66 mod to rework their code as well!

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m. UK 19:55 GMT
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and race passwords: see above

Server ukgpl6
IP address  TBC

Race date = 07-07-2009
Time = 21:00 (UK time) 20:00 (GMT)
Track = Monza
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = 50% Grand Prix (38 laps)

Make sure that you have enough race fuel to complete the distance!

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

CHASSIS ALLOCATION

FERRARI Phil Thornton, Will Tway (reserve), Burtoner*, Asbjeurn*
LOTUS  StormCloud, Dave Randall, Bartosz, Bernie*, Steve Bird*, Geoff65*
BRM  NatanVix, Samb, Ginsters, Steve Bucket*, Ian*
BT11  CliveLoynes, John Roberts, Ken, Jethro, Fulvio
HONDA  EvilClive, Tim, Iestyn (reserve)
COOPER Mike Beattie, Lorenzo, if he joins, otherwise any visiting speed merchant
BT7 Hristo

*drivers also assigned a Novices chassis

65 Mod

These were the 65 drivers
BT7 Bonnier, Baghetti, Hulme (Bonnier drove for Walker)
BT11 Brabham Gurney Gardner Anderson Siffert (Siffert drove for Walker, Gardner and Anderson were privateers)
Lotus Clark Spence Rodriguez Mitter Russo Solana (and Maggs Hailwood Attwood Amon and Ireland for Parnell)
Ferrari Surtees Bandini Rodriguez Vaccarella Bondurant Scarfiotti
Honda Ginther Bucknum
Cooper McLaren Rindt
BRM Hill Stewart

The 1965 season was the last to use the controversial 1500cc formula which had begun after 1960, to the initial advantage of Ferrari.  The 1965 cars are smaller than the 1967 cars and have less torque and hence more grip.  It was claimed that they 'cornered on rails', however this allowed the Grand Prix series to retain the use of circuits which were otherwise to prove extremely dangerous.

The 1965 cars are ideal for those new to GPL as they allow the tracks to be learnt in light reliable cars, however these are also full Formula One cars, and quite fast....  There was no Canadian Grand Prix in 1965.

David Wright's 'Legends' site http://fp.gplegends.plus.com/ has the download of the 2.0.1 version (under 'details') as well as being an exceptional guide to both 1965 and 1967, for those interested in Formula One history.  The 2.02 update is available here: http://www.jamesonline.net/ukgpl/1965mod_PATCH_v2.0.2_Setup.zip

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:04:39 AM +0100 »

Will be missing this one unless my laptop magically arrives tomorrow. Left it in Stratford to not miss a train. Damn Oyster cards. Sad

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 06:54:54 PM +0100 »

Any chance of the password tonight Mike?  Wink

Grin
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:07:16 PM +0100 »

Any chance of the password tonight Mike?

Oh, OK then. Wink

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:44:57 PM +0100 »

Thanks so much, Fulvio! Your reckless driving ended any small chances I had for challenging JR for the title. You sure know how to approach 1 hour races, risking so much on lap 1...  Roll Eyes

MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:11:04 PM +0100 »

Got a tow from Fulvio in Qually, that took me to 4th on the grid. I was able to hang onto the lead trio for the opening lap, there was nobody behind after the Lesmos so I was able to concentrate on keeping the tow. As JR, Tim and Evil swapped places I was able to keep close, as the Cooper was good though the turns, I even got to lead at one point.

However, it all went wrong at Parabolica and I got a slide which turned me into the inside where I collided with Evil ending both our races Sad Sorry Clive for ruining your night as well

Cheers Mike
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:31 AM +0100 »

No worries  Mike,  racing incident as far as I am concerned.
But, it did look like it was shaping up to be a 4-way slipstream fest for the next 30 odd laps.  Grin

There's always next season Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 05:10:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks so much, Fulvio! Your reckless driving ended any small chances I had for challenging JR for the title. You sure know how to approach 1 hour races, risking so much on lap 1...  Roll Eyes

Now that is another day, can you gently explain to all what you mean for my reckless driving?

Poor Geoff is still trying to get out his Lotus from the bushes Wink

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:45:38 PM +0100 »

So glad to know you and I are in the same boat. Remember me and Nicky at Spa in the first race of the season? Wink

Congrats John, consistency this season seems to have paid dividends. Hope I can be a shade more competitive in S18. Would like the BRM, it seems to suit me. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 06:10:01 PM +0100 »

So glad to know you and I are in the same boat. Remember me and Nicky at Spa in the first race of the season? Wink

So was you Jethro that tried a risky pass at Spa?
It would be better that you watched replay before drawing hasty conclusions...

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 08:12:54 AM +0100 »

Now that is another day, can you gently explain to all what you mean for my reckless driving?

Ciao

You really didn't realize what you were doing if you are asking this. Let me tell you first of all, I eased off twice before and through Lesmo 1 so I don't put you at risk, then as you had a slower exit I took the inside line and passed you into Lesmo 2. But you went for the outside line and drove millimeters from my left wheels, a slight warp there would've ended it all. As lucky as we were to not have such, you kept pushing and clipped my rear on the exit, spinning me in the bushes and it was all over for me. The car got damaged both in that and in the following incidents with the unfortunate driver unable to avoid.

I call reckless someone who risks so much so early on in the race. It was lap 1, but you attacked as if the battle was for 1st on the last lap of the race. Fulvio, normally you drive fairly and we had some very good battles, but you were a bit too hot headed in this particular case. It's a shame to end the championship battle because of lack of patience.

Grats to John, well deserved Amateurs Champion! You sure have improved a lot, JR.  Smiley

Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:59 AM +0100 »

I wasn't to happy with my qually time, but that was a long race so I didn't bother with it.

Race I started from 7 spot. I was going quite well until parabolica, when I forgout that on full tank I should brake little bit earlier. Luckily car didn't lose any parts and I started to chase other drivers.

I had few good battles in that race, but one with Dave Randal was just great Wink It's a shame that you spun at GC. Afther Dave went off, I was still pushing hard, so if any of front runners will have problems I would be close enough to gain another position Cool

That was a great season for me. I've had good races and very bad ones, but thanks to John and all Clark-Hill Racing drivers I've learned how to be a racing driver. Thanks mates.

Thanks to Mods for organising that season season. You've done a great job Smiley

I'm still not to fast so next season I would like to drive Lotus again. My second choice would be BRM

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 10:01:46 AM +0100 »

Ciao

You really didn't realize what you were doing if you are asking this. Let me tell you first of all, I eased off twice before and through Lesmo 1 so I don't put you at risk, then as you had a slower exit I took the inside line and passed you into Lesmo 2. But you went for the outside line and drove millimeters from my left wheels, a slight warp there would've ended it all. As lucky as we were to not have such, you kept pushing and clipped my rear on the exit, spinning me in the bushes and it was all over for me. The car got damaged both in that and in the following incidents with the unfortunate driver unable to avoid.

I call reckless someone who risks so much so early on in the race. It was lap 1, but you attacked as if the battle was for 1st on the last lap of the race. Fulvio, normally you drive fairly and we had some very good battles, but you were a bit too hot headed in this particular case. It's a shame to end the championship battle because of lack of patience.

Grats to John, well deserved Amateurs Champion! You sure have improved a lot, JR.  Smiley

LOL Hristo, till yesterday I thought that who attack was who try a pass.

Did you accuse me of reckless driving only cause I didn't open a wide door with a red carpet to let you pass at Lesmo2? Really I didn't expect you would have tried a pass there when Pod and me lifted a bit under yellow to not collect Geoff after his spun at Lesmo1. You ignored the yellow and when I realised you were beside me at Lesmo2 turn in point I did my best to not close the door, if I had lifted I would have surely spun. Infact we made the turn side by side but on exit you slightly came towards me instead to keep inside and we tangled tires spinning both, we were still side by side at the moment. Both of us ended in the right direction but you bogged your engine just in front of me and I touched you (absolutely unfortunate) so I restarted first. Till there nothing was compromised, as for mine and server report replays both of us didn't got any damage till there. The race was long and I managed to catch the leaders and even win, and so could have done you if you would have look at the mirrors before cut the track in front of Geoff.

Please guys let me know if I'm completely out of view on this one.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 02:01:36 PM +0100 »

So was you Jethro that tried a risky pass at Spa?
It would be better that you watched replay before drawing hasty conclusions...

I haven't seen this race replay (Monza) yet, but I was on the receiving end at Spa, like Hristo was here by the sounds of things. Smiley

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 02:04:02 PM +0100 »

Ciao

LOL Hristo, till yesterday I thought that who attack was who try a pass.

Did you accuse me of reckless driving only cause I didn't open a wide door with a red carpet to let you pass at Lesmo2? Really I didn't expect you would have tried a pass there when Pod and me lifted a bit under yellow to not collect Geoff after his spun at Lesmo1. You ignored the yellow and when I realised you were beside me at Lesmo2 turn in point I did my best to not close the door, if I had lifted I would have surely spun. Infact we made the turn side by side but on exit you slightly came towards me instead to keep inside and we tangled tires spinning both, we were still side by side at the moment. Both of us ended in the right direction but you bogged your engine just in front of me and I touched you (absolutely unfortunate) so I restarted first. Till there nothing was compromised, as for mine and server report replays both of us didn't got any damage till there. The race was long and I managed to catch the leaders and even win, and so could have done you if you would have look at the mirrors before cut the track in front of Geoff.

Please guys let me know if I'm completely out of view on this one.
Ciao

I was attacking? Nonsense! You had a slow exit from Lesmo 1 (what yellow?!, definitely not in my view) and so I took the inside or I'd have had to hit the brakes behind you. You didn't open any door, I was already in front of you on the entry to Lesmo 2 and I stayed in front until the exit. You briefly lined up near the apex, almost hitting me on the outside (really left no additional space at all on the inside). If I wasn't leading how do you explain that you clipped my rear, spinning me in the bushes? I guess you didn't think that through.

Watch the replay if you don't believe me. I left you enough room on the exit and especially considering I was in front at that point, you could've merely lifted up a bit and use the tow to pass me on the next straight, instead of putting us both at risk. It would have been no problem whatsoever with your BT11 vs. my BT7...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com