by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 01:01:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL LOBBY BYPASS SOFTWARE  (Read 19198 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:53:28 PM +0100 »

If you race GTL you must read this

We are currently experiencing problems running GTL events due to circumstances outside of our control. We are aware that these difficulties could be short term but in order to prevent losing any more great events we are proposing the use of lobby bypass software.

OK Tony, what do I need to do?
Click on this link to get the self executing software (unfortunately we can not host it as we do not have the owners permission). http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=3105
Warning: This software is installed at your own risk. We have tested it and found no problems but we are aware that this can not always be the case. However there are enough experts around here to help if you should run into difficulties. Simply double click the .exe file

It's installed Tony, what now?
GTL is currently running on our server so you have to try to connect to it. Please read and follow these instructions.
The Antideco patch will have created a desktop icon. Double click this to start GTL. Once GTL has loaded select Multiplayer but instead of choosing Internet select Lan/Direct IP connection. Click on "Add IP Address" and enter this 81.19.209.165. Apparently it doesn't matter what you put in for User Name and Password but we would prefer drivers to use there usual GTL handles otherwise it causes us a lot more work compiling the results table. On the next screen wait a while and the race event should show up. When it does click on it and select Join. Enter the correct SROUK password and that should be it.

Oh no! I'm having problems
Don't suffer in silence. Let us know what's up and together we'll get you back on track.

It would be helpfull to know if you've been successfull. Please post a short message to tell us.

It may help if you read these common problems and solutions before you start out. Always make backups of important files and don't blame me if it all goes Pete Tong  Shocked

There are 5 known problems

Your hosts file is set to be read-only
Your DOS command windows do not have permission to create the hosts file
Your DOS command windows always start in the Windows\System32 folder
Your router needs a reboot
Your PC needs a reboot (after first time install, and after any failed attempts)
There are 3 known Symptoms

You launch the patch icon, but Windows displays "Cannot find ruby\bin\rubyw.exe". (problem 3)
You get as far as the Add IP address, and you try to log in but get "Could not connect to the server!" message. (problems 1 and/or 2)
You can connect, and the servers appear on the list, but you cannot Join a race. (problem 4)

Solutions

Problem 1. Your hosts file is set to be read-only

The patch startup process needs to copy/replace this file.
Any difficulties with this file should show up as error messages, in the DOS command window that the patch icon starts up.
Find your hosts file (in the folder Windows\system32\drivers\etc\)
...it's the one called plain "hosts" (ignore other files with hosts as part of the name)

If you do not have a hosts file see Problem 2.

ensure it is not set to read-only (right click it, and select Properties etc).

Problem 2. (only seen by Vista users) Your DOS command window does not have permission to create the hosts file
Instead of double clicking the Anti deco patch icon to start, right click it and select "Run as administrator".

You can set your DOS command windows to run as administrator by default with this method taken from here

Quote:
...A more convenient way is to set the command prompt to run with administrator privileges by default.
Right-click the command prompt shortcut icon and
choose "Properties" from the context menu.
Click the "Advanced" button and
put a check by "Run as administrator".
Click "OK".  

Problem 3. (only seen by Vista users) Your DOS command windows always start in the Windows\System32 folder (provokes "Cannot find ruby\bin\rubyw.exe" error)

The solution is to find the file called GTL_AntiDeco.bat in C:\GTL folder
Add these 2 lines to the top of the file with Notepad...
C:
CD \GTL
If your GTL is is installed somewhere else,
for example if it's in folder MYGTL on the E: drive, then you should add these 2 lines...
E:
CD \MYGTL

Problem 4. You can connect, and the servers appear on the list, but you cannot Join a race.
Just reboot your router

Problem 5. The first time you install, and after fixing any problems you may need to reboot your PC before it will work.

If all the above solutions fail and you still get "Could not connect to the server!" message, you may be able to manually modify the hosts file with this method.

Make a backup copy of your hosts file (if it exists)
Start GTL using the patch icon
Alt+Tab back to desktop
Start Notepad
open the hosts file
replace the contents with this line
127.0.0.1 localhost www.gtl-server.net
Save the file
Alt+Tab back to GTL
Try to Add IP and Log in again
Beware: if you use this method, then remember to replace the hosts file with your original when you quit the game (delete it if it did not exist before).

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 12:05:31 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:51:54 PM +0100 »

Not working for me Tony Huh can see the server,  getting as far as the password then it just stays at the password screen .
I have had a go of restarting the router, no go.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:54:49 PM +0100 »

Ignore the above  Grin just clicked back to the server screen and tried again, looks like its worked this time Grin

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:57:07 PM +0100 »

Just tried it & got on the server OK & ran a couple of laps.

One thing in the instructions Tony, I think that rather than firing up GTL as normal, you have to use the antideco patch to start GTL.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 10:07:47 PM +0100 »

Just tried it & got on the server OK & ran a couple of laps.

One thing in the instructions Tony, I think that rather than firing up GTL as normal, you have to use the antideco patch to start GTL.
Thanks, I'll rewrite that now.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:41:43 AM +0100 »

Maybe a daft question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.
If this software is installed, will I still be able to use the GTL lobby should it ever again be available?

TC
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:30:18 AM +0100 »

I think so because you will choose you will use your normal GTL desktop icon to run GTL then go Multiplayer/Internet and so to lobby. We will have to change setting on the server though.
At least, that's the plan..........

Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 03:29:18 PM +0100 »

All OK here. Had to delete the hosts file (actually renamed it to hosts.bck) to get it going. Many thanks to Tony and all others who've worked on sorting this out. Let's hope it's stable.

By the way, if you use Set Affinity to force GTL to use multiple CPU cores, you need to edit GTL_AntiDeco.bat as follows:

change gtl.exe to SetAffinity.exe 1 gtl.exe
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 03:47:36 PM +0100 by Phil Gilliland » Logged
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 04:08:19 PM +0100 »

I will not dare to do anything so complicated for a no expert PC guy.  Undecided

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 04:47:32 PM +0100 »

I had a spare "mess around" copy which I've modified and it all goes OK.  If it behaves OK I guess I'll do it to my UKGTL copy.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 05:00:37 PM +0100 »

By the way, if you use Set Affinity to force GTL to use multiple CPU cores, you need to edit GTL_AntiDeco.bat as follows:

change gtl.exe to SetAffinity.exe 1 gtl.exe

Does this do any good?  I understood that games had to be written for multiple cores to achieve any increase in frame rate over a single core.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 05:30:17 PM +0100 »

Does this do any good?  I understood that games had to be written for multiple cores to achieve any increase in frame rate over a single core.

Not much change in FPS, but it cured my stuttering problems.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 06:10:07 PM +0100 »

I will not dare to do anything so complicated for a no expert PC guy.  Undecided
If I did it you can too

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 06:29:45 PM +0100 »

Not much change in FPS, but it cured my stuttering problems.

I'll have to try that. Normally I can get a steady 80+ FPS with everything on max, at Brands Hatch even with 60+ FPS it was stuttering. Lowered the setttings and it still didn't stop it.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 08:30:37 PM +0100 »

Everything works a-ok!

Thanks for the extensive write-up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com