The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 04:10:38 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Single seaters  (Read 3015 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:09:03 AM +0100 »

Two mods which are worthy of attention:
CART Factor - 1998 CART series, tough to drive but they feel "right" in a way that most single seater mods don't.
Formula Nippon 2008 - a real contrast to the CART mod, these cars have prodigious grip, but still feel 'right'.

The IndyCar 2009 mod shows a lot of promise too, although its creator seems incapable of putting together a complete set of files which actually work. The sound is totally messed up for me, and a quick look at the .sfx shows that whoever put it together doesn't seem to have done any basic testing of the package. no

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:52:37 PM +0100 »

Hmm, I saw that CART Factor mod and the new Endurance mod and thought about installing rFactor again.

Should I? Undecided

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:24:58 PM +0100 »

Hmm, I saw that CART Factor mod and the new Endurance mod and thought about installing rFactor again.

Should I? Undecided

Do it - the CART mod in particular is excellent!

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 03:49:20 PM +0100 »

Hmm, took me a while to reinstall the game and email ISI to get activated again and unfortunately although the mod is really good, the game is still exactly how I remember it. There's a lack of feeling of contact with the road and there is this complete wooliness to the FFB. RealFeel makes it feel worse and keep screwing up every other run by reversing the force feedback strength. Then there's the whole spinnning under braking and accelerating without real reason and certainly no warning. The spins feel faked.

It's a real shame, but rFactor is the weak link in the equation here.

I will try the historic mod too, but I won't hold out much hope.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:07:19 PM +0100 »

It does take some effort to get the feel there for some of the mods, and most are beyond hope.

RealFeel has never quite made the grade for me, but posted very recently on NoGrip are some new settings using the built-in FFB which feel very good in the CART Factor mod. Cool

Hopefully they will build the FFB in rFactor 2 directly on the forces on the steering rack (like GPL and iRacing do). This might even force people to model the suspension correctly. laugh

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:23 PM +0100 »

Seemed to have run out of activations so have emailed trymedia. But still tried the basic single seater out around Toban to try and get a feel for it. Oh dear Sad Even as standard i cant see how the FFB was allowed through. In a straight line its very vague, going light but in the corners it doesnt feel too bad i suppose, maybe its the car behavior. To me those FFb plugins are just another fudge because the mods arent done right in the first place, fudging a fudge. Hoping those settings will transform it!

Its why i like GTR2 so much, it just seems to work out of the box.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 11:08:45 PM +0100 »

it just seems to work out of the box.

Amen.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:08:11 PM +0100 »

RealFeel has never quite made the grade for me, but posted very recently on NoGrip are some new settings using the built-in FFB which feel very good in the CART Factor mod. Cool

That makes quite a difference.

Had to remember to get rid of all the realfeel stuff and install/purchase the original force feedback upgrade in the vehicle options and then reduce FF level to at least -60% and it was actually driveable, which is a big improvement.

1st gear seems to be impossible to not spin in, but that's probably me. Grin

So where is the practice server?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:11:09 PM +0100 »

So where is the practice server?

Are you thinking of a rf race of some sort? I'd be up for that Smiley

For me, the trouble with rf is there is so much choice and dl'ing to do, every time I try it, that I never focus on anything long enough to find out really how good/bad it is. If we had a fun race using one mod I could focus/pracci and finally decide for good. I remember the cart being very good after a brief try  Roll Eyes, before. Its real fun around Nords Smiley

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:29 PM +0100 »

The FBMWs are good as well. Those and the Formula Nippon cars are the ones I use.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 10:53:23 AM +0100 »

Hmm, took me a while to reinstall the game and email ISI to get activated again

What email address did you use Shark? I'm like Spanner, I've sent an email to trymedia because I've run out of activations, via their support pages. I got an automated email response with my existing activation code in it, along with a line that said "Acts. Left: 3". However trying again to activate resulted in the same error about having used all my activations.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 11:39:40 AM +0100 »

What email address did you use Shark? I'm like Spanner, I've sent an email to trymedia because I've run out of activations, via their support pages. I got an automated email response with my existing activation code in it, along with a line that said "Acts. Left: 3". However trying again to activate resulted in the same error about having used all my activations.

Here is Simon's post quoted from another thread:

I sent an email to [email protected] and got the activations reset within half a day.

I sent them details of when I paid for it, how I paid for it (Paypal) and my existing unlock and activation codes.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:58:28 PM +0100 »

Well spotted Jeff, thanks. Email now sent.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:38 PM +0100 »

Got a reply and have successfully re-activated after using that email address Smiley

In the reply from rfactor they gave me a procedure to follow on the Trymedia Support pages. Basically go to http://csc.trymedia.com/csc/start/index.html and select rFactor and follow question 2.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 08:07:16 PM +0100 »

I've uploaded a Formula Nippon 2008 installer here which saves you mucking around with the patches, and also allows easy removal.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com