The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 02:13:15 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bavaria City Racing  (Read 1868 times)
Jimmie

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:00:10 PM +0100 »

Bavaria City Racing, perhaps you've heard about it, on the other hand this being a Dutch event probably not Wink
There's also an edition in Moscow and I believe London had something similar.

Anyway this is an event just to showcase Formula 1 and other racing stuff such as WRC, pre-war F1, Legend cars and of course lots of Drifters.

David Coulthard did the demonstration for Red Bull Racing and Fernando Alonso and Adam Khan did their demonstration for ING Renault.

This all took part on a 5,4 km 'track' in the center of Rotterdam (Google Maps link)

I of course decided to stand at the roundabout cause that's a good place for drift and do donuts Wink
This event except for tribunes is just free to stand around, so a zillion of people come to this. I had to made sure I was early and came 3 hours before the event started where it was already starting to get busy, found myself a free spot at the fence in front which enabled me to have a good view for taking pictures Smiley

Anyway to be short, just wanting to share my selection of pictures with you guys Cheesy

Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:50:12 PM +0100 »

Uploaded a small vid with a few short samples I recorded

Sadly the battery from my camera gave up while David was donutting in front of me :'( so I had to switch the battery quickly for the next pass Smiley
Nonetheless it gives a good impression Cheesy
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:01:31 PM +0100 »

Not seen that FlexFuel 350Z before. detective

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:38:18 PM +0100 »

http://www.imagebam.com/image/af35e345686769

What's that and where do I get one?

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 06:46:36 PM +0100 »

Great event, been there once, the first time it was organized, while it was still called Monaco at the Maas Smiley
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 06:52:41 PM +0100 »

Nice, thx for sharing.

KTM crossbow thingy. A couple take part in Dutch GT series which supported 24hr race, looked great but performance seemed dreadful. Fantastic new Maserati GT and Mustang in that series as well Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:00:54 PM +0100 »

looked great but performance seemed dreadful.

Seriously understeery and bad turbo lag too from what I saw of them at the Race of Champions.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 07:19:41 PM +0100 »

rgr, I guess compressed rice powah in ariel is still the best.  Grin

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 07:20:31 PM +0100 »

Is there any difference compared to the normal 350Z?

Nice, thx for sharing.

KTM crossbow thingy. A couple take part in Dutch GT series which supported 24hr race, looked great but performance seemed dreadful. Fantastic new Maserati GT and Mustang in that series as well Smiley

KTM X-Bow indeed Smiley

They seem to handle pretty well though, but if I remember correctly (from 5th gear or somethin') the Ariel Atom is cheaper and performed slightly better.

Think the series you mentioned is the GT4 series I think. There's also a M3 GT4 in the vid linked below. Seems to be a pretty neat series to race in, though I don't see them mentioning the X-Bow between participating cars on the Dutch GT4 website.

For more viewing pleasure I found this good HD vid on YouTube
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:33:47 PM +0100 by Jimmie » Logged
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 07:38:10 PM +0100 »

Think the series you mentioned is the GT4 series I think. There's also a M3 GT4 in the vid linked below. Seems to be a pretty neat series to race in, though I don't see them mentioning the X-Bow

Think support race was Tango series plus "something" as xfire was there and it was indeed poop http://www.gt4cup.com/results.php?event=4&season=2009&session=Race%20Two%20Result The Tango series Mustang was the loudest thing there that weekend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7aKdlsHKNk&feature=related  Smiley and the Maserati was the most attractive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NnJPi6138&feature=related  Wink

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:10 PM +0100 »

Is there any difference compared to the normal 350Z?

Nice, thx for sharing.

KTM X-Bow indeed Smiley

They seem to handle pretty well though, but if I remember correctly (from 5th gear or somethin') the Ariel Atom is cheaper and performed slightly better.

Think the series you mentioned is the GT4 series I think. There's also a M3 GT4 in the vid linked below. Seems to be a pretty neat series to race in, though I don't see them mentioning the X-Bow between participating cars on the Dutch GT4 website.

For more viewing pleasure I found this good HD vid on YouTube

great vid, great quality, went there last year, didnt see much but heard a lot Smiley

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 05:15:05 AM +0100 »

Best thing of this event....it's free Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com