Quarterly cost: �0

April 19, 2024, 01:42:57 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17 Jops Siffert: August 18, 2009
August 18, 2009, 09:41:18 PM +0100 - Jops Siffert - UKGPL Season 17 (2009)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.181
---
1 36:14.985
---
24 1:28.958
---
Dunlop  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:29.272
---
2 +1.564
---
24 1:29.269
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.445
---
3 +25.709
---
24 1:29.805
---
Dunlop  
Samb
 Reed Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.903
---
4 +38.775
---
24 1:30.190
---
Dunlop  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.464
---
5 +54.119
---
24 1:30.994
---
Dunlop  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +0.989
---
6 +55.524
---
24 1:30.630
---
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +1.560
---
7 +1:03.603
---
24 1:30.851
---
Dunlop  
robert john65

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +3.954
---
8 +1:16.354
---
24 1:31.107
---
Dunlop  
Steven Foster

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +2.257
---
9 +1:18.501
---
24 1:31.553
---
Dunlop  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +2.746
---
10 +1L
---
23 1:32.338
---
Dunlop  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +2.047
---
11 +10.220
---
23 1:32.412
---
Dunlop  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 14 +4.377
---
12 +58.474
---
23 1:32.752
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +4.361
---
13 +2L
---
22 1:33.725
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.439
---
14 +10L
---
14 1:30.477
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 15 +6.096
---
15 +22L
---
2 1:36.588
---
Dunlop  
Easy Rider

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 16 +39.420
---
16 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
6 UKGPL

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 17 ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Surprise - Jops Siffert - Aug 18  (Read 11233 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 01:33:37 PM +0100 »

Full details now posted on the initial race thread - remember it's a surprise race so there still might be a little something  Wink

We have to race backwards or in reverse gear or on 3 wheels?  Shocked

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 11:01:25 PM +0100 »

What a great race! Really enjoyed that. The Jops circuit is a wonderful place to drive on, in the 65s at least   Grin Qualified 4th on the grid but thanks to Tim's shenanigans, I was in 3rd place instead. For the first 2 laps, I was chasing Mike with H nipping at my heels. Eventually I made a mistake, and let a few cars through. After that, I was chasing the cars infront and began a race long battle with Clive which was epic fun. We were both squarely matched and enjoyed plently of sideways action. It all ended sadly when Clive had a massive tankslapper out of the first corner towards the end of the race. I was mesmerised by this, and didn't bother slowing down for the corner infront! I hit the wall and severely damaged the car, and was forced to yield to Clive. The next two laps were eventful, but I was pleased to reach the flag.

Unfortunately, it seems my internet wasn't up to standard this race and I can only apologise to those affected by my car warping. You'd think that my broadband could cope with a game designed for a 56k modem! Never mind, I can safely say the wireless and some ethernet adapters working at the same time, is out of question next time round  angel. See you all at the next race.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 11:35:23 PM +0100 »

Great fun that.

I chickened out of completely reversing the grid - the time differences gave images of carnage followed by a mob lynching  death
I settled for a little tweak of swapping drivers round in pairs - just to add a bit more spice with the single chassis. Nobody's tried to lynch me yet so think I got away with it  Wink

Anyway it was mostly quick boys tonight so spent my time clunking around near the back. That said I had quite a few good dices, mostly consisting of someone suffering from the misfortune of trying to get round me. They all ended in tears - mine. BUT it was great and I didn't finish last (sorry Bill).

Pleased these summer races have gone down well and it's been a good experience to mix with the faster drivers. Don't forget one more to go...
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 02:05:07 AM +0100 »

That was a strong race which I was not sure I had chances to win after seeing Evil's lap time in his preparation and then Mike's unbeatable lap time in Qualifying. I was already on the edge but he still managed to gain a few tenths which was beyond my understanding.

Unfortunately for him the pole put him 2nd on the grid (!)  Shocked but I didn't know that until later, so I thought he missed the start as my car was sat on the pole.

I had a cautious start and willingly let whoever attacked by in T1, which dropped me to 3rd. After a few corners I closed in on the car ahead, which turned out to be Sam's, but it became clear passing would be very difficult on this track, with no real braking zone around the lap.

Sam was warping which prevented me from attacking more aggressively and the leader (who I thought was Evil) was slightly pulling away, so I tried an attack in one place and luckily for me, Sam tried to brake too late and went wide, which promoted me to 2nd.

Much to my surprise it was Mike in the lead, lol. He was very fast, but once I caught up his draft I was able to close up the gap and put some pressure on him. I was expecting to realize that even if I went ahead he could've easily passed back, because overall he probably had a bit better speed, but for some reason he went in defense mode and so we fought quite hard for a couple of laps.

I just couldn't get through though, there was no place where Mike would go slower and he could carry more speed on the outside lines whenever I attacked. I kept putting pressure on and at the same spot where Sam went wide, Mike braked too late as well and lost the rear around and that was it.

There was no time to rest as he recovered 5 seconds behind and with some backmarkers making it a bit hairy during lapping he managed to close the gap and in the last few laps he was about a second back, almost catching up in my slipstream.

It was a very close call in those last laps, but somehow I managed to stay ahead. Great racing, Mike!

Thanks for organizing this spec race, was quite enjoyable.

-=Hristo=-

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:47 AM +0100 »

Very enjoyable track. Made a really good start for once & found myself on the tail of the fast lads in 7th place. Sadly my ambition overtook my ability & I was trying so hard to catch up that I misjudged the hump & ended up amongst the pretty flowers watching everyone stream past. Got "humped" again (if you'll pardon the expression) the very next lap so ended up down in 14th place. Great fun after that though with some good battles with Tim & Peter on the way back to 10th. Towards the end, I realised I didn't have enough fuel to get to the finish, but luckily saw Hristo lapping people so eased off to let him through at the last corner & save myself another lap - just as well too as I finished with 0.4 gallon left..

Great idea to run identical chassis & interesting to see the almost perfect split in laptimes & results between the Div1/Am drivers & us novices. Anyway congratulations to Hristo & the podium. And congratulations also to Tim & co. for organising the summer fun races - very successful.
MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 10:56:04 AM +0100 »

Yes, that was a good race and a fantastic FL by Hristo.

A quick lap at Jops depends mainly on two corners T1, where you have to take some grass on the inside and get the angle right so that you are powering over the crest, and then the infamous Hump and its aftermath, which is best taken as H says following the dark line.

Hopefully you now see that at best this really is only a 65 track, with more power the Hump just gets harder and it becomes more of a Lottery. It's a good Fun Race track, but please don't put it in any Championship.

Thanks for organising it and also thanks to those who I lapped, not one of you hindered me in any way, that really is appreciated.

I knew that Hristo was pushing towards the end, as I've never seem him up the grass as much, dust everywhere  Smiley

Cheers Mike
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 12:44:36 PM +0100 »

I knew that Hristo was pushing towards the end, as I've never seem him up the grass as much, dust everywhere  Smiley

I had no option, you were so quick in those left-right combos after the hump, I was always falling back there when you were in the lead. My car was understeering a lot at that spot (which probably helped elsewhere) so rally style had to be introduced. Tongue

NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 07:47:21 PM +0100 »

Smiley Grin
Did got an excellent start , transmitted me into the real fast drivers field.
Haunted by much faster Evil then till second last turn at L2 , where we touched each other after I recountered into the entry of that turn. Could make my way back to the cars now in front , but mismanaged  a pass by out off slipstream into T1 saying the greens and flowers a short hello. Luckily car was still ok and after a couple of laps I was close behind C.Loynes and for numbers off laps we did have an really great race . I was slightly faster but couldn’t pass by save anywhere. Especially at T2 it was hard for me to reduce my speed early enough to avoid touching. Unluckily later on at those T2 Clive  did spun a bit more then usual and I hit into his  car , lost my front left tyre ( sorry for that man , but wasn’t really a way ).
Did an shift –R an enjoed the rest of  this fantastic race.

Again thx to all and special thx to Vos for making this great event taken place .
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:16 PM +0100 »

Grats to Hristo  and Mike for some stunning pace out front, I was within a couple of tenths of my PB and could not match the times you posted in qually. A clean lap at Jops with so many on the grid was hard to find and my only clear run without errors took me up towards the front of the grid but even 3rd spot was stolen from me  by the "twist"!!  lol

Must confess that the grid switch fooled me completely Roll Eyes I was a little late getting to the grid and recall thinking that Sam appeared to be in front of me " how strange??", must be prib playing up or lag or something, but then switched my attention to the starter.

Totally messed up the  start and theought that was how Sam jumped me into T1 with Nicky and Tim hot on his heels. As a result of being swamped for turns 1 and 2, I was off the racing line and losing ground to the leaders that I was never to recover. ( not that I am confident I could have lived with their pace last night!! Undecided)

Once the race settled down and I got the Banshee Brabham wound up, I closed on Nicky and was caught of guard by his wobble as he mentioned which knocked him off ( sorry nicky ) that gave me targets of Tim and a recovering Sam.

After a couple of attempts at squeezing past Tim I eventually made it , only for Tim to vanish to be replaced by Sam with whom I battled for the rest of the race. As he says, we were quite evenly matched although I could see where I was quicker but his lag deterred any marginal moves that might have resulted in tears for both of us. That's no criticism of you Sam, you were not to know that you were doing a very good frog impression at times  Grin
I think we had 3 or 4 laps to go and I was once again behind Sam ( we had swapped 3rd place a couple of times through the race) and was looking for an opening to sneak through again before the finish.
Turn 1 as Mike says is all about maximum attack and using all of the road, except on this occasion I used just a little bit too much attack and about 100mm too much road. My outside rear wheel went onto the sandy stuff and the tail stepped out as I had already planted the right foot. This kicked off a monumental tank slapper that I thought I had caught, until it whipped me sideways once more and off to the left of the track where a huge crunch announced the presence of a telegraph pole.
I thought   "that's it race over...pillock!!" but the car still had all its wheels and the engine was still running, so I gingerly poked it onto the tarmac and gave it some welly towards T2 fully expecting a sudden lurch to left or right under braking.

But no, everything was perfect even if I was now destined for 4th spot at best...or at least I thought thats where I would be until that sneaky Sam launched himself out of the long grass at the outside of T2  in an attempt to ambush me!!! It scared the c**p out of me !! I was not expecting that!! I thought he was miles away by now!!

It soon became apparent that Sam had suffered some serious damage and could not match his previous speed and I was able to cruise home in 3rd...hard luck Sam, because I am not sure which of us would have crossed the finish line first had we both survived to the end.

Thanks to Tim for organising and to everyone who took part, I feel vindicated in suggesting the circuit and agree that it is probably best suited to 65's.  Yes, the passing opportunities were limited last night but I think that was partly due to the single chassis element where the field divided down into ability bands and drivers were at their max speed in identical cars. So there was not enough diffence in  
top speed vs handling that might be the case with a mixed grid which would offer more opportunities perhaps.

All in all great fun and thoroughly enjoyable Grin Grin Grin   Thanks Tim

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com