Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 06:22:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTR cars 2.10.5 test: September 06, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 10 - car pack 2.10.5 test - Sep 6  (Read 5408 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 02:23:28 PM +0100 »

whats point in skin changes week in week out?

"Week in week out"? Twice a season - once every 2 months. We rebalance the cars a little each time, and add new skins.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 05:56:41 PM +0100 »

I tested against the server last night with the Panoz. It didn't crash.

Any chance we can get ONE download pack though as having to download and install 7 items is now getting a fair bit annoying, like rFactor. angel

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 06:57:30 PM +0100 »

Any chance we can get ONE download pack though as having to download and install 7 items is now getting a fair bit annoying, like rFactor. angel

Well ***ger me, you were the person complaining about having to download sounds you didn't even like!

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 08:01:36 PM +0100 »

Well ***ger me, you were the person complaining about having to download sounds you didn't even like!

Count me out tonight with attitude and language like that.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 08:07:04 PM +0100 »

I know im fairly new to gtr2/gtl even though i had the game quite long time, but whats with all these car packs, why so many, whats point in skin changes week in week out?

cause boys will be boys, as is clearly demonstrated above.  angel

Wink

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 08:08:46 PM +0100 »

Count me out tonight with attitude and language like that.

If it's helpfull I can zip all the files and upload them in 1 file. You'll still have to install them all seperately Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 08:41:34 PM +0100 »

Hmm, 1st disco for ay least a year. was fun while it lasted

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 09:11:34 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed that great to have a wet race Cool

Great battle with Legzy in his GTC 360, got you back in the end buddy ninja (Your pace seem to drop off after that, was it tyres)

Cars looked nice Cool
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:08 PM +0100 »

I actually oversaw the message that there would be only 5 minutes of qualy time, so my first qualy lap I was pushing too hard, made a mistake and hit the wall. Then my second qualy lap (after a new outlap) suddenly Next Session appeared and I was like o dear (bit more non polite version) Grin

Starting from the back with some more guys who didn't had a laptime I could easily race forward being GT1, though the more forward the harder the overtaking was and off racing line overtaking in the wet is very very hard (spanner saw it lol, sorry for holding ya back a bit Smiley)

Then I saw Gazza (you still have the stuttering or has it returned? Wink), Ruskus and ginsters. They were close to eachother fighting and didn't want to ruin that, so I drove easy pace waiting for a good opportunity to pass and then I made my first driving mistake (missing the braking point completely) and with a slight touch to the wall the engine/suspension were all ruined Shocked

Ah well, at least I learned intermediates were good at 20%, hard wets alright as well though slighly less grippy, soft wets just spontaneous combust.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:51 PM +0100 »

Wow that was more enjoyable than expected. Had an awesome battle with SBG.
I lost the lead because Jon lost track Wink, and I was pushing hard to stay behind SBG. We had the same speed through sector 1, he was quicker through sector 2 and I was quicker through sector 3, so we were always close.
At one point I came out of the last corner a bit quicker and got alongside before T1. We were side by side through T1, 2 and 3 Grin. Amazing as offline was very slippery, still no contact Smiley.

Car was very predictable (not very stable tho), and it packed some straight line punch  Shocked (and that with 5 gears only Grin)

BTW: Why were some people in stock skins?Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 09:23:44 PM +0100 »

I thought I'd take it nice and steady so that I could observe all those lovely new skins as they passed/lapped me. Wink

No problems to report, but it looked like some were in the original or older skins.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 09:31:54 PM +0100 »

Nice race. Smiley

I witnessed no issues with the skins.

Very fun race. Good fight with TT and Jose at the start. I then followed TT for several laps, unable to pass. Not being able to overtake him on the straight meant that I did not have the skills to make a pass. I had a look a few times and put my self in TTs mirrors to try and put him off Evil, but nothing. Then, as we approached turn 1, TT went very defensive as I had a gotten close and he made an uncharacteristic mistake and I was passed. Grin

Nice driving in the Marcos TT. It looked even more of a handful than usual. Smiley

Well done podiums.

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 09:40:33 PM +0100 »

Hadn't given any thought to car choice, so when I saw a very low mileage Snail's Pace Racing Saleen sitting in the pits with the keys in it, I couldn't help myself and jumped in. ninja whistling

Qually didn't go well but I got enough of a lap in to avoid being mired in the slower classes, even with an impromptu setup; car was tricky on cold tyres - not to mention the maximum caster I dialled in moments before the race - and I ran off a bit on the pace lap, but kept it together.

Was a bit surprised to get a big fat kiss on the bum by Ginsters as we formed up winkiss but I think it did him more damage than me, and we were soon off, with TT leading Hal, and Jose, API and myself not far behind.

TT was doing a brilliant job holding Hal off, Marcos grunt against the mighty Viper, and behind, Jose's nimble but slow MC12 was dicing hard with API's fast but understeery 550 and my jack of all trades S7R. I guess Jose was on the wrong tyres because after a while he was clearly struggling, and having sliced my way past API, I was soon in a clear 3rd place and starting to catch the leaders.

In the meantime, Jon had cleared the slower cars and was hunting me down with the sort of ruthless efficiency that nobody expects. TT provided a brief respite by running wide in turn 1 - amazing save not to go off competely! Grin - but that allowed Hal to start to break clear, so it was now a case of whether Jon and/or TT could catch me quickly enough to take second place away.

As the tyres wore the grip fell away, although the balance was fairly constant, but with 5 minutes to go I was struggling a bit at the end of the braking zones. TT had dropped away quite dramatically, but Jon's Lister was all over me like a bad suit, and the last lap I was just being ultra careful to not lock the tyres under braking, to get to every apex, and to get back on the throttle as early as possible.

I don't think I'd have survived more than a lap or two more, but it was enough and second place was mine. Grin

ps. Oldie Z3M looks like a hooker's underwear! Tongue Er... apparently... laugh angel

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 09:41:34 PM +0100 »

Replay and provisional results posted

LapChart

JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 09:49:22 PM +0100 »

I lost the lead because Jon lost track Wink

Sorry old boy, I hadn't had any praccy and was still feeling my way into it at that point....Plus you seemed to be going just as fast as a GT1 in a GTC Shocked Was a nice little run out with some good battles. Enjoyed it Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com