The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 10:02:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible championship mods  (Read 9551 times)
Josè Arrogantio

Auto Avio Costruzioni

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 05:10:56 PM +0100 »

I would like to try a fast single seater in GTR2 if possible,
I would try that option if it happens..
Me too, I love the F1 09 mod for GTR2  Grin

Afro
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 05:58:31 PM +0100 »

If we're sticking with rFactor, I'd recommend the Formula BMW mod for it. It's easy enough to control to have close racing without having to have invincibility switched on, yet they're still a challenge to drive at the limit. They work very well with RealFeel, so the FFB is equal to GTL at the least.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 06:35:51 PM +0100 »

Formula BMW

Tooooooooo slow! Tongue

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 06:38:21 PM +0100 »

If we're sticking with rFactor, I'd recommend the Formula BMW mod for it. It's easy enough to control to have close racing without having to have invincibility switched on, yet they're still a challenge to drive at the limit. They work very well with RealFeel, so the FFB is equal to GTL at the least.

That's a horrible mod, the excitement and the feel is one of the worst IMO.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:55 PM +0100 »

Tooooooooo slow! Tongue

So you'd rather have something that's so fast that any close racing is impossible?  Roll Eyes
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 07:24:21 PM +0100 »

So you'd rather have something that's so fast that any close racing is impossible?  Roll Eyes

No, he'd rather have something which isn't so slow that he falls asleep down Hangar Straight. sleep1

To finish first, first you must have fins.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 07:39:33 PM +0100 »

I would like to try a fast single seater in GTR2 if possible,
I would try that option if it happens..
Me too, I love the F1 09 mod for GTR2  Grin

I gave this a blast round Spa and managed to keep it on the fast bit, which is a big improvement over CART for me. However(and I hate to admit it after all my negative comments about rF) this mod looks awful and just doesn't seem to sit well with GTR2 IMO.

As expressed earlier, I too believe that (certainly for me) a progression towards the faster mods is the better option for open wheel racing, as indeed it would be in real life. While initially it might seem a little pedestrian for some, I think in the long term it would promote closer and more competetive racing for everyone.

I had another blast on Race07 F3000 and honestly can't see any negatives about this series as a good intro to open wheel. Maybe a trial race and see how people feel?

As far as rF mods go, the most enjoyable series I've taken part in was with the Beetle mod. A little querky certainly, but good fun and close racing on the right tracks.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VW%20Beetle%20Race

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 08:03:07 PM +0100 »

As far as rF mods go, the most enjoyable series I've taken part in was with the Beetle mod. A little querky certainly, but good fun and close racing on the right tracks.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VW%20Beetle%20Race

Uh oh, now you have aroused the interest of the BugLovers   Grin

btw. Purchased rFactor, Loved the CART mod but was terribly off the pace (after half an hour of configuring RealFeel)

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 08:36:41 PM +0100 »

I found this Champcar 05-06 mod for GTR2

Hmm, the rFactor version is better and the rFactor CART Factor mod is better. Bit wierd in GTR2.

At first it feels like it's going to be ok and then you get to the point where you expect a slide and wham, wierd evil manic oddness.

I really love the F1 88 mod

Interesting, but the sounds are diabolical. They are so over powering that I couldn't stand them for more than a couple of minutes. It's like iRacing sound levels in reverse (REALLY loud). Driving itself was interesting. Potential.

Although I think F1 79 was better in GTR2 than rFactor, I'm still not a fan of the cars.

Me neither. I just don't get on with them.

I've tried recently the new F1 2009 v2.1 mod for GTR2, and I can suggest you to try it.

Still downloading this one.

About the GP2 I've tried something like this http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=1442&PHPKITSID=7255f43e800cb73e969e58b1bf6efd97 but I think that it's a really difficult mod... that car has no grip at all... I don't know if that's more near a simulation than I think... Give it a try, and let me know what you think about it.

Something just plain wrong with the mod. The car vibrates/bounces off the track surface the whole time. I can still feel it vibrating now. Ooer matron.

I really dislike all the others open wheeler mod except for the F3000 http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=983&PHPKITSID=7255f43e800cb73e969e58b1bf6efd97 that for me is the best open wheeler mod for GTR2...

Illegal mod due to conversion from RACE 07.

This is the best single seater mod that I've tried so far. Slower than CART, controllable grip, controllable power. Dodgy TV cam, but cockpit cam on this one is ok if you raise it up a bit so you can see out. Quite impressed with this definately the best of all the things in this list so far.

I downloaded 2008 and the 1.06 patch for Formula Nippon and I recommend others try this mod!

Fun, but no, not that good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:26:26 AM +0100 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 09:05:53 PM +0100 »

Cheers Simon, I'll give the Nippon one a go. Shame that the GTR2 mods aren't all that (in your opinion at least) as they would be more popular I guess, given the punters already here.

Seems like open wheeler's are the way forward? Fits in nicely with our existing GT/historic schedule I guess. I was gonna recommend the Endurance Mod (which suffers from that low speed grip issue for me) and ETCC mod which is very good but a good open wheel one will suit me fine (I wasn't a fan of CART mod by the way Wink).

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:09:37 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 09:49:36 PM +0100 »

This is the best single seater mod that I've tried so far. Slower than CART, controllable grip, controllable power. Dodgy TV cam, but cockpit cam on this one is ok if you raise it up a bit so you can see out. Quite mpressed with this definately the best of all the things in this list so far.

I downloaded 2008 and the path for Formula Nippon and I recommend others try this mod!

I agree - it was the other one I raised originally. A very different experience to the CART mod.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 10:32:02 PM +0100 »

Just downloading the Nippon mod now, shame about the multitude of patches.

Prototypes arn't that far away from single seaters, just a bigger body Wink Grin

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 10:47:30 PM +0100 »

I agree - it was the other one I raised originally. A very different experience to the CART mod.

Very different and much better experience ta, I was with you all along Dave. Much more grip in the twisties and I can catch it a bit at least in these. Looks even better than CART as well  Smiley

Can't help but feel that NK and iR do open wheelers better mind but, as they aren't used here, I'd join a test race.

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 10:52:07 PM +0100 »

I think 1st need make mind up on mods to be racing, also im not raced enough to do any championships, I rather focus on GTL/GTR2 at moment.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 12:15:04 AM +0100 »

those nippons arent much slower then the Cart's, already did a 1.35 after a couple of laps...

but much easier to drive, no understeer, no oversteer, no upsetting the car when shifting.

sounds great too.

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com