Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 01:46:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drivers  (Read 60999 times)
LDF

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 05:43:25 PM +0100 »

Excellent, many thanks Smiley
LDF

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 12:37:09 PM +0100 »

OMG! What have I been missing. Less that one day and I remember why I was so addicted before!

The all-in-one installer is brilliant - thanks to all concerned.

Now all I have to do is recover at least some of my past (meager) ability.

It will be fun.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2013, 08:40:54 AM +0000 »

;Dwow,useful!https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11261.0

SPAMMER

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 12:00:30 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 04:46:37 PM +0000 »

Hello,

I have started to run GPL again, and I'm looking to join an original 67 league and a F2 league. As the season is almost at it's end, it might be better to wait for season 26 I guess. But if it's possible to join a few races in the meantime let me know. Just want to have some fun and being competitive again, hotlapping ain't much fun.

Rob

Driving for Antipasti Racing

liveclive

I play by the rules, my rules

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 06:58:35 PM +0000 »

Hi Robert, welcome (back?) to UKGPL.

Yes, you are right that the current season is drawing to a close, but that might work in your favour. There will be a break in championship races over the Christmas and New Year and we usually have a load of fun races in that period.
You will be more than welcome to join in any or all of these fun races, just keep an eye on this forum for news of these. You will of course need to have access to IGOR the race server listing, where you will often find a UKGPL practice server which might be a good place to "test" your self against the current drivers without any qualms about races etc.

If you have any questions or probs post on the forum and someone is sure to offer you help and advice.

The views expressed here by liveclive are not necessarily endorsed by the true management of evilclive.com, but they might be.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:27 PM +0000 »

Hi Robert, welcome (back?) to UKGPL.

Yes, you are right that the current season is drawing to a close, but that might work in your favour. There will be a break in championship races over the Christmas and New Year and we usually have a load of fun races in that period.
You will be more than welcome to join in any or all of these fun races, just keep an eye on this forum for news of these. You will of course need to have access to IGOR the race server listing, where you will often find a UKGPL practice server which might be a good place to "test" your self against the current drivers without any qualms about races etc.

If you have any questions or probs post on the forum and someone is sure to offer you help and advice.

Hi,

thanks for the welcome and your fast reply. I have never ran in UKGPL, but ran in DSZ/simracing.nl way back in 2002-2003 (started GPL in 2001), and did a few !00% races with MoG in division 2. Focussed more on N2003 leagueracing, but occasionally ran a few GPL races before I quit simracing in 2007. Last winter I started to hotlap a bit, but personal and hardware probs ended that soon.

Started again with GPL few weeks ago, and also tried a few mods, in which F2 seems to be a great formula for close racing. Prolly would like to join 67 works trophy and F2 trophy next season. Surely I will join a few funraces, the IRC channel is #ukgpl right? Also if and when there are spots open for the last two F2 races, I'd be glad to join those. Even with the BT14 not to stir too much dirt in the championship Tongue

Never got the most out of GPL, and looking forward to improve myself, but mostly to some old school clean racing.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:00:47 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 11:32:45 PM +0000 »

Hi Robert

Welcome to UKGPL.  I ran the 67 Works Division this season and I'll probably be running it again in Season 26 (not planning any changes to the format so we will be using tokens again).  Please have a look at the championship table (here).  If you click on the flags at the top of each column, a link will take you to each race report.  You will be able to look at the lap and race times to judge how competitive you will be.  If you haven't run GPL since 2007 you will be impressed with the changes, our league was still 100% 67 back then.  The 66 mod, 69 extra, 67 F2 and the improved 65 mod (the early version was out in 2007) are all fantastic not to mention the Sports Cars and Can Ams.

Regards

Phil
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:25 PM +0000 »

Robert,
You are welcome to sign up for the Formula 2 series - we have two races left at Monza & Zandvoort which you will be familiar with.
If you register / vote for F2 & post that you have joined we will get you added. If you are at "Works" standard then please register for the Light Division.
If you take the BT14 you are either incredibly quick or very brave!

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:17 AM +0000 »

Hi Phil, Billy,

thanks for the welcome. Phil, thanks, did read myself a bit in, and think I'll fit in fine in the Works Trophy. Will wait for Season 26 Smiley I'm very impressed how much GPL is still alive, and prolly will be forever Cool Apart from the mods and updates that I tried/will try, just want to get more out of the original 67 cars and generally improve my driving...

Billy, great, will register for F2 lights then for Monza and Zandy. I'm neither very brave or incredibly quick. Not so bad will do laugh It was my line of thought to run with the BT14 because of not spoiling the championship battle. Just want to run safe and clean and not interfere with title contenders, and the BT14 will pretty much guarantee that  Cheesy And if and when there are others who (have to) run BT14, it would be good fun! I'll think about it...just want to be prepared well and make a good impression on the track...

BTW could someone give me the #ukgpl chatroom pw, please?

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:15 AM +0000 »

Hi Phil, Billy,

thanks for the welcome. Phil, thanks, did read myself a bit in, and think I'll fit in fine in the Works Trophy. Will wait for Season 26 Smiley I'm very impressed how much GPL is still alive, and prolly will be forever Cool Apart from the mods and updates that I tried/will try, just want to get more out of the original 67 cars and generally improve my driving...

Billy, great, will register for F2 lights then for Monza and Zandy. I'm neither very brave or incredibly quick. Not so bad will do laugh It was my line of thought to run with the BT14 because of not spoiling the championship battle. Just want to run safe and clean and not interfere with title contenders, and the BT14 will pretty much guarantee that  Cheesy And if and when there are others who (have to) run BT14, it would be good fun! I'll think about it...just want to be prepared well and make a good impression on the track...

Welcome on board Robert. Good luck whenever, wherever and in whatever you drive.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2013, 08:06:37 AM +0000 »

The chatroom password used to be "savage", but I think that we have dropped any password requirement and you can just jump straight in.

Just in case you are having difficulties getting into chat.....

Some people have had problems getting logged on to the IGOR chatroom ( and that includes a few long time UKGPL members) there appears to be some conflict with modern AV or other software that prevents you joining via IGOR.  But we can still access the same chatroom through VROC without problems.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2013, 03:03:07 PM +0000 »

Thanks Ronnie and Clive Smiley

Concerning chatroom, in iGOR  it says no such channel/nick. In VROC it works Wink Thanks for pointing that out.

cg7aa

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2013, 07:07:20 PM +0000 »

Hello,

I have started to run GPL again, and I'm looking to join an original 67 league and a F2 league. As the season is almost at it's end, it might be better to wait for season 26 I guess. But if it's possible to join a few races in the meantime let me know. Just want to have some fun and being competitive again, hotlapping ain't much fun.

Rob

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Rob, I've been playing offline on and off since about 2001, I used to do the odd race in VROC in the RSC heydays. I would like to join a 67 league but due to work and part-time study commitments, I cannot commit to a full season, is it possible to dip in and out of league races? If I'm honest, I only know a handful of the original tracks only.

Do drivers get to choose cars on a race by race basis?

How exactly does one join a league race anyway? I've got iGOR up now, is it as simple as seeing an appropraite UKGLP server race and joining in?

Questions, questions...

Regards
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2013, 07:29:59 PM +0000 »

I've got iGOR up now, is it as simple as seeing an appropraite UKGLP server race and joining in?

Welcome

YES, it is as easy Grin

As long as you see a green button, it is ok to join all servers   Grin

Axel

P.S.

We meet in #UKGPL chatroom  Wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:54:12 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
  Print