by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:56:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL- Latest Lobby Issues - Sept 09  (Read 16436 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 03:09:41 PM +0100 »

GTL

You will doubtless be aware that our ability to run GTL races has been severely hampered by lobby connection issues.

As we intend to continue our GTL leagues, we are proposing the use of lobby avoidance software/fixes.

One fix that has been used in the past can be found here

This is called the Antideco fix and requires a self executing file download. The result of installing this software is a new desktop icon which you use in place of the normal GTL icon.
If you have followed the link above you may be left with the impression that it’s very complicated and prone to causing many errors. IMO this isn’t the case. It’s actually very easy to setup and use. And problems are quite rare occurrences. It looks complicated because we have shown all known problems that may occur and their fixes.

Also available now is an alternative fix. You will need to download this and place it in your GTL folder. That's it!

This fix actually uses the Gamers Crib server. It doesn’t require a new desktop icon, you can continue to use your old GTL desktop icon.
We have tested this alternative and it also works fine.

However with this new solution comes a warning. It has been suggested that as this fix is based on a server not operated or licensed by Simbin it could compromise your GTL login password security.

If therefore the password you currently use for GTL is a common password that is always associated with your lobby name, wherever it’s used, be it for gaming or banking etc you may wish to consider a) changing your password or b)not using this fix. The Antideco desktop icon solution has no security implications.

Whichever fix you choose to use the procedure once GTL has loaded is identical.

Choose Multiplayer. Choose LAN/Direct IP. On the next screen click on "Add IP Address" and enter this exactly as written 81.19.209.165
Login as usual using your lobby name and password (you can normally just click on the RH side arrow). At the next screen wait for the event name to appear (can sometimes take up to 5 secs). Click on event and proceed as normal with the relevant SROUK password.

Obviously we will offer help and assistance to anyone who has doubts/difficulties about any of the above.

We hope that the GTL lobby will return to normal service in the near future and will keep you informed of all future developments as we hear of them.

Legzy & Wiltshire Tony

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:41:38 PM +0100 »

Is our server working as it should Huh Ive managed to get in with the remote Ruby thing with the TXT file in GTL but it will only let me drive for 10 or so seconds then freezes and reloads the track and puts me back in the pits.
Didn't have any luck with the Antideco patch last time  Sad it worked once then wouldn't work again after that (ill give it another go) if not ill have to give GTL a miss for now Angry

Cheers Ade

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 08:01:12 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear that Ade. I have reset the server but I didn't spot anything wrong with it's setup  Huh

I've just completed a lap of praccy, qually and race so I think the problems at your end but I'm blowed if I can think what it might be. Maybe your firewall is picking up on something. Perhaps try with it turned off?

Hope someone smarter than me may be able to help more  Sad

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:45:40 PM +0100 »

Is our server working as it should Huh Ive managed to get in with the remote Ruby thing with the TXT file in GTL but it will only let me drive for 10 or so seconds then freezes and reloads the track and puts me back in the pits.

That's symptomatic of you not having the correct track. If it loads anything other than Bathurst you don't have the right track installed...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:57:44 PM +0100 »

Cheers Dave thumbup1 thinking about it now it did look suspiciously like Long Beach  Embarrassed what a fool i am  Cheesy off to try again.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:07 AM +0100 »

whistling

TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:23:12 AM +0100 »

It's official, then - Dave Gymer IS smarter than Wiltshire Tony!! (Hands up all those who already knew that)

TC
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 10:25:18 AM +0100 »

It's official, then - Dave Gymer IS smarter than Wiltshire Tony!! (Hands up all those who already knew that)

Harsh! angel

I thought I'd made a mistake once, but it turned out I was wrong. laugh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 11:02:49 AM +0100 »

Grin I'm saying nothing  Lips Sealed

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 04:48:20 PM +0100 »

Looks like i'm out Sad

Never got that ruby thing working before and it still doesnt work and using that text file again doesnt make any difference. I go to add the Srou server but it just cant find it. Strangely i can ping the backup lobby server but not the main one given in the anti-deco install.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 04:59:13 PM +0100 »

Looks like i'm out Sad

Never got that ruby thing working before and it still doesnt work and using that text file again doesnt make any difference. I go to add the Srou server but it just cant find it. Strangely i can ping the backup lobby server but not the main one given in the anti-deco install.
Please explain this bit?

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 05:37:12 PM +0100 »

Huh

You go to add the ip address and put the server ip in. After a few minutes it just says no servers found.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 06:08:16 PM +0100 »

You go to add the ip address and put the server ip in. After a few minutes it just says no servers found.

Try "games.simracing.org.uk" instead of an IP address. Easier to remember too. Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:02:03 PM +0100 »

I've put together a teeny weeny little installer for the new text file "fix" which uses the GC fake lobby authentication, to help our less technically savvy members out.

Grab it here.

It literally just puts the file into your GTL directory. If you've already got Direct IP working you don't need it.

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 05:22:52 PM +0100 »

Thanks Dave, I will try it before tonight's race.  Smiley

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com