Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:30:06 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18Gr Oulton Park: October 18, 2009
October 18, 2009, 09:48:59 PM +0100 - Oulton Park (GP 1954-72) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Graduates Cup (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:31.395
108.793mph
1 53:06.291
106.100mph
34 1:31.948
108.138mph
Firestone  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 2 +0.549
108.143mph
2 +40.094
104.781mph
34 1:32.830
107.111mph
Firestone  
Doni Yourth

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 +2.700
105.671mph
3 +1:31.597
103.135mph
34 1:34.301
105.440mph
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +2.896
105.451mph
4 +1L
101.967mph
33 1:34.795
104.891mph
Firestone  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 8 +2.657
105.719mph
5 +4L
99.327mph
30 1:33.866
105.929mph
accident
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 6 +2.414
105.993mph
6 +23L
99.540mph
11 1:35.015
104.648mph
accident
Goodyear  
Kruger Enge
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 5 +2.310
106.111mph
7 +27L
101.949mph
7 1:35.488
104.129mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Andrew Hodgson

BRM P115 F1 1967 11 +3.817
104.431mph
8 +28L
100.022mph
6 1:36.436
103.106mph
engine
Goodyear  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 3 +1.854
106.630mph
9 +32L
100.777mph
2 1:35.491
104.126mph
Disco
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 4 +2.284
106.140mph
10 +3.299
99.120mph
2 1:36.832
102.684mph
Disco
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +2.626
105.754mph
11 DNS ---
---
engine
Firestone  
4 UKGPL

BRM P115 F1 1967 12 12 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

A second win in a row for Hristo closes the gap at the top with Lorenzo still leading and Jethro in third place.
No reported incidents so a nice easy moderating job.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Graduates Cup (67) - Oulton Park (GP 1954-72) - Oct 18  (Read 6580 times)
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:26:58 AM +0100 »

Onto race four. Lorenzo is leading the Works with Rick taking the top spot in the Privateers. Both championships are still up for grabs. Please bear in mind there are a mixture of driver abilities and no second chances with Pro.

Race List = IGOR
Server = ukgpl.4 (see note below)
IP address = 84.64.42.154 (tbc)
Race date = 18-10-2009
Time = 21:00 UK time (20:00 GMT)
Track = Oulton Park 1960's
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Don't start until 30 mins left on clock to allow everyone to join.
Race length = 50 minutes (34 laps)

Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page
The track can be downloaded from : http://www.zenadsl5531.zen.co.uk/Tracks/Oulton/
Add-on’s available at : http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=250

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:50 p.m (UK London Time = BST = GMT + 1h).

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left. Please restrict chat to pit messages. Moderating will be by reported incidents only, however the moderators reserve the right to review any incident with a particular emphasis on lap one. The aim is to review the race the following weekend so incident reports should be submitted within five days of the race (ie the following Friday).
We're hopeful most incidents can be resolved amicably and recommend a days deep breath with a replay review before posting. A sorry in the forum won't be taken as an automatic admission of guilt by the moderators.

With the new token system chassis strategy will be a factor. A driver must have sufficient tokens for the chassis he drives in the race.  Any driver who does not have sufficient tokens will be disqualified from the result and his tokens will be set to zero.

Chassis costs;
Lotus 20 / Eagle 17 / Ferrari 15 / Brabham 10 / Cooper 5 / Honda 3 / BRM 0

To see your current tokens hover your mouse over your total points on the championship standings page. Ten tokens will be added when you cross the start line.

The Championship is split into two sub-divisions, namely Works and Privateers. The current driver split is;

WORKS drivers
Evil Clive   
Tim FMG   
Andrew Hodgson   
Hristo Itchov   
James Rye   
Ruud Savelkoul   
Sam B   
Jethro W   
Will Tway   
John Roberts   
Phil Thornton   
Ken Murray (R)   
Fulvio Policardi (R)   
Doni Yourth (R)   
Mike Beattie (R)   
Lorenzo Galluzzi (R)   
Kruger Enge (R)   

PRIVATEERS drivers
Al Heller   
Bookie W   
Graham Poole   
Bartosz Podreckony   
Rick Nauman   
  Sharkfin (R)   
Steve Bird   
Vosblod   
Burtoner (R)   
Billy Nobrakes (R)   
Viss (R)   
Peter Maestro (R)   
Bernie D (R)   
Michael Turner   

67 Patch: The 1.3 Release of the 67mod can be used.

NOTE: In the event of more then 19 entrants a second grid will be run for the Privateers on ukgpl.6. (IP 80.5.200.198) Instructions will be provided in the chatroom – please ensure you join the correct server, due to the way we import if you start the race on the wrong server your result will not count. If you can try to make sure you are in the chatroom by 8.50pm this will enable a decision without any delays to the start time.

Oulton Park Circuit is a motor racing track in the small village of Little Budworth, Cheshire. It occupies much of the area which was previously the Oulton Estate. The track is set in the grounds of Oulton Hall. The circuit was originally developed by the Mid-Cheshire Car Club, with the track attracting crowds of 40,000 during the 1950s. Oulton Park regularly hosted the International Gold Cup event which attracted many Formula One teams (Stirling Moss won it 5 times), but as the F1 calendar shrank to include only Grand Prix events, the Cup became less well-known.
The track is characterised by its rapidly changing gradients and blind crests leading into unforgiving corners. Among many British and foreign drivers it is considered one of the most challenging and thrilling circuits ever constructed.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:46:05 PM +0100 »

Wont be at Oulton for this one.
 Currently in a Waza remote hilltop training retreat in deepest Devon, where fortunately my wi-fi appears to still function.

at this moment I am nursing a large whiskey in front of a log fire ...feet up.

In fact you will be "evil free" until next Thursday...if you are lucky. Roll Eyes angel

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 09:59:36 PM +0100 »

Enjoy the escapade. Is it good whiskey? Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:18:46 AM +0100 »

It will be touch and go if I make it. I have a Dad's taxi run to Carlisle to drop eldest daughter off for a train at 7.45pm. It's about 1.5 hrs back from there so hopefully I can just catch the server before it goes to race!!!
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:23:59 PM +0100 »

where fortunately my wi-fi appears to still function.
Geez, for the moment I thought you were talking about your wife  Roll Eyes as in "wifey"

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:50:54 PM +0100 »

Lol  Grin

Looks like I'll be here bringing up the rear - Have got bugger all practice in so far this weekend  Embarrassed
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 10:00:39 PM +0100 »

I blew engine at start, sorry for who was involved when I was stuck on the grid.
I had dark presage in qualy when I blew the engine at first touch of throttle in the pit.
I don't know if it can related to my lat to server that was going up and down.
Next one, luckily it cost me only 5 tokens.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:43 PM +0100 »

Considering I was in hospital 4 days ago having a few catheters placed up my femoral vein, I'm gobsmacked I'm in as strong a condition to participate as I was to survive 12 laps. I know there was a slightly reduced field on normal numbers, but the rate of attrition was just stupid!!! I was 4th after 11 laps before I decided that hitting the T1 advertising placards was a good idea. It bent the steering such that I couldn't make a right-hand turn properly, which is quite key around Oulton Park it having 1-2nothat'saleft2-3-4-5-6-7 of the things. I then visited the advertising placards again, at which point they removed a wheel, which was very wise thinking of them.

Only 5 remained when I quit. Out of 10 who started. Shocked

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:34:30 PM +0100 »

My brief moment of glory came to a full stop when trying too hard to put some distance between my fezzer and the brabby of AH and ricks Cooper.

Have ran wide 2,000,000 times at cascades corner without incedent but this time I lost a wheel , my own fault trying to make up for my stupid mistake at lodge. I guess all the excitement of finding myself in P1 made me temporarely forget the PRO rules  Roll Eyes

Grats to the Pod I know who you are as only 3 left in there when I left , but dont know what the finish order was  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 11:01:18 PM +0100 »

That was slow but at least gave me a finaish at last - and 4th to boot!  Shocked

Big appology to Phil, I locked up terribly over the crest before the final corner, knew I wouldn't stop in time so went for the outside hoping you'd see me and turn in.
Didn't work so sorry about that  Sad
That was a mighty impressive lakeside explosion excursion you took 3 from the end btw  I Am Not Worthy
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:11 PM +0100 »

That was slow but at least gave me a finaish at last - and 4th to boot!  Shocked

Big apology to Phil, I locked up terribly over the crest before the final corner, knew I wouldn't stop in time so went for the outside hoping you'd see me and turn in.
Didn't work so sorry about that  Sad
No problem, it didn't make any difference to the result.  I find that braking zone quite tough, I have to brake what appears to be far too early otherwise I always lock up.  I don't brake on the crest (otherwise that is asking for trouble - like Avon rise at Castle Comb) but there isn't a lot of room after the crest so I have to back off the throttle before the crest and then brake after.  Probably makes me a bit slow there.

That was a mighty impressive lakeside explosion excursion you took 3 from the end btw  I Am Not Worthy
I made far too many mistakes (again).  Had good pace though, 3rd fastest lap behind Hristo and Ken, but a few drivers who dropped out early may well have beaten my time.

Yes that trip in the lake was interesting.  Having let Hristo through I put a wheel on the grass on the exit of Cascades and ended up spinning onto the grass on the inside.  So I decided to make a wide turn a rejoin but I ran into the invisible wall and all hell broke loose.  The car was bouncing around for a good 30 seconds before the keyboard ESC command was recognised and I could retire!
Andrew Hodgson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:23:21 AM +0100 »

My Lap 7 curse struck again in this one.

Quallied on full tanks to set a miserable time in the BRM. My plan was to pootle around, stay out of the way and hope the carnage would gift me a few places. This plan seemed to work at the start. fpolicardi blew his engine on the grid and I managed to weave a way through. Being mindful of the PRO settings and the BRM's fragility, I short-shifted around the laps and before long I was up to 4th due to alot of people heading for the scenery in front of me. Sadly, it was all for naught. As I put the power down coming out of Cascades on lap 7 the engine let go and I coasted to a stop. Race over yet again Sad

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 01:55:01 AM +0100 »

A lucky P3 placing thanks to the grief of others.

Grats to Hristo on a dominating victory although Mike looked good up there for a bit before his Repco grenaded.

Nice storming drive by Ken to surge up from dead last to nail down P2 at the flag.  I wish I had a little more to have made it tougher to pass.

Huge apologies to Tim for bunting him into pitlane and turning him around in my efforts to avoid Fulvio's Cooper.  I was taken rather by surprise at that development and took the only escape route I could think of.  Sorry.

Good fun trying to hold Kruger til he edged wide on braking for Lodge and drilled the near fence.  I clipped him on the way by and spun.  I could feel a pull in the steering after this but it wasn't too bad.

My G25's sequential shift is giving yet more grief.  Hardly a lap goes by without it changing down on its own now.  Some laps, mulitple instances.  Had me off the road several times.

My biggest moment was with about 6 tours to run and in cruise mode when, with horror, it suddenly came to mind that I'd missed my noon-hour meds dose.  It was now 5pm local...way, way late.  I glanced about my desk and saw my pipe tobacco pouch.  On a straight, I grabbed it, threw down to the middle of the office floor where I'd be sure to see it and have it as a reminder to get to my pills staight away on conclusion of the race.  I'd no sooner settled back into my chair when I offed at Druids.  Lucky not to have smashed it up there.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:46 AM +0100 »

My Lap 7 curse struck again in this one.

Quallied on full tanks to set a miserable time in the BRM. My plan was to pootle around, stay out of the way and hope the carnage would gift me a few places. This plan seemed to work at the start. fpolicardi blew his engine on the grid and I managed to weave a way through. Being mindful of the PRO settings and the BRM's fragility, I short-shifted around the laps and before long I was up to 4th due to alot of people heading for the scenery in front of me. Sadly, it was all for naught. As I put the power down coming out of Cascades on lap 7 the engine let go and I coasted to a stop. Race over yet again Sad

The BRM engine is quite reliable actually. I've never had to drive it with engine saving in mind. Perhaps you're overreving under braking or not lifting up enough/on time?

I joined a bit late for this one, but had a good setup from a past season so there was not much tweaking to be done and the car felt good right from the start. It still took me a couple of laps to get the feeling back and those included a couple of deadly crashes into trees and other objects.  Roll Eyes Got the pole with a rather satisfying lap though, but the tight grid meant it wasn't worth much.

Ken and myself both got a good start and he disappeared into my blind spot as we tackled T1 and stood out of sight all the way down and into T2. I tried to keep as inside line as possible, but suddenly felt a contact at my rear which stunned me a bit, from which Mike took advantage to take the lead.

I'm not sure what was causing the warp half of the people experienced, me included, but as far as Latency and Quality bars are concerned, they seemed well in norm on my end. Still, the warp was particularly bad and passing Mike was going to be next to impossible as his car was jumping all over the place (which I suppose was what my car was doing from other people point of view). Yet some reported they had no warp, so go figure. From those who reported bad lag I got the impression it's related to global location in relation to the server, but don't know for sure.

Anyway, Mike was generous enough to let go of the lead when I attacked him a few laps later on the back straight. It would've probably ended in tears if we would've tried to fight closer to each other, but since he didn't block the inside line I just braked later there and went ahead.

After that it was all about preserving some decent pace and concentration, but my chair position was giving me some grief and a lot more later on in the race. Eventually it led to some excursions off the road, but nothing major.

Ken finally emerged into 2nd for the last 10 laps and we traded seconds back and forth, passing some backmarkers now and then. It's nice to win again, although Ken was unfortunate in that T2 incident and Mike as well when his engine let go early on. I wonder what happened to the other half of the usual suspects, I don't remember such low turn out since last season.  Undecided

Grats to Doni for a nice 3rd and to Tim for bringing some solid points for Waza in 4th!

-=Hristo=-

EDIT: I just noticed this race is missing from the Standings page.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:59:41 AM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26:52 AM +0100 »

Yes the warp once the race started was really bad.

I set off on P3 behind Hristo & Ken and watched them flicker their way to T2, thinking "This ain't good".
As Hristo says, Ken disappeared stage Right and he slowed momentarily. I passed and then held the lead for 2 more laps. I saw John was then about 5 secs back, so reckoned that H and myself would probably be quicker with H in the laed, so when he got the tow onto the back straight and then went for the inside I just backed out of it and tucked in behind. Then the engine blew, and I thought I'd been a good boy up to then, but obviously GPL disagreed !!

Grats to all that finished Smiley

Hopefully the Amateurs race will be kinder !!

Cheers Mike
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com