Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 07:00:33 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18A Oulton Park: October 20, 2009
October 20, 2009, 09:40:59 PM +0100 - Oulton Park (GP 1954-72) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:36.791
---
1 49:08.572
---
30 1:37.361
---
Goodyear  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.617
---
2 +31.241
---
30 1:37.773
---
Dunlop  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 2 +0.606
---
3 +56.898
---
30 1:37.950
---
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.628
---
4 +1:12.518
---
30 1:38.286
---
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +1.620
---
5 +1L
---
29 1:39.017
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +3.750
---
6 +14.211
---
29 1:39.972
---
Dunlop  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 11 +4.470
---
7 +2L
---
28 1:40.688
---
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +3.540
---
8 +23L
---
7 1:43.335
---
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.331
---
9 +25L
---
5 1:40.308
---
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.709
---
10 (+7) +0.232
---
5 1:38.564
---
Goodyear  
Asbjeurn Tverberg

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 9 +3.675
---
11 +26L
---
4 1:42.035
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 13 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

This well known but ill practised circuit was a welcome addition to the season by all accounts but some struggled with the lack of a groove to help them.

Tempers frayed and got a little heated for some but was that due to the sunny skies over Budworth or was there some other reason?

A good recovery drive saw Natan get a well earned podium though he chose to do his celebratory donuts during the race rather than on the more traditional parade lap.

Server replay time: 0h01m17s

Jethro attempts to pass Natan on the inside while Natan regains control.

Jethro sees a gap and goes for it. Natan is regaining control meaning a pass is risky but had Jethro not strayed wide he would have made it.

Unfortunately he does stray into Natan's part of the track and hits him which spins Natan around.

John has no chance to avoid the now spinning Natan. Had he changed line he would have hit Jethro as both cars temporarily blocked the enitre track.

Simple Side By Side - Jethro 1 place + Lap 1 incident = 2 places

Server replay time: 0h09m14s

John and Jethro collide at Old Hall taking both cars out of the race.

Jethro is clearly faster than John and accuses John of blocking and weaving. John considers he was taking a defensive approach to keep a faster driver behind him.

Having watched the full race from both cockpits I feel that John was guilty of neither and it is up to a pursuing driver to earn and complete a clean pass. John takes the same inside line at Old Hall on several occasions both when being pursued by Natan and later Jethro.

In chat Jethro said that John should have let him past as he was faster but agrees that John was not breaking any rules by his actions. His incident report mentions him having to check his speed to avoid hitting John, to which he raises his fist in displeasure. At the apex of Old Hall Jethro is travelling around 17mph faster than John and would have had a higher exit speed had he not hit him but he expects John to vacate the piece of tarmac that he wants.

"Upon recollection of the incident on the night, I'd just got pissed off with his driving, and the red mist descended, which ultimately merits disqualification for me from this race."

My comments

The 2nd time Jethro raises his arm at Old Hall he has absolutely no reason for it. John did nothing wrong. The 3rd time at Lodge (7:27) there was again no reason to raise his arm as John just happened to be on the piece of tarmac that Jethro wanted.

While Jethro is undoubtedly quick and is able to catch John, he does not have the race craft needed to get past him. John was not weaving and took the same or a similar line on each lap leading up to the incident which Jethro had seen at least twice in the race. John merely protected the inside line which he has every right to do.

If a driver wants to overtake somebody they have to earn the place and not expect to be given it, nor should they expect to be given the piece of tarmac they want. The driver in front has the right to take any line they wish without weaving or blocking, neither of which John did, and it is up to the following driver to avoid a collision.

Very Ambitious Overtake - 2 Places.

*** In light of several similar incidents involving Jethro, the moderators have decided that there is a pattern of aggressive driving, often very early on in long Pro level races. This has not apparently changed despite several penalties and communications. Due to these continued aggressive manouevres and your reactions to them, the moderators have decided to serve you with a 1 race suspended ban.

This ban is a 1 race ban suspended for 3 races. This means that if there is a similar incident in the next 3 races that you participate in (in any division) the 1 race ban will be implemented in the division for which it is awarded (65 Amateurs). If a suspended ban is not served before the end of the season it would be carried over to the next season.

Again, the ban is for persistent aggressive driving leading to an excess of yellow cards. It is not as a result of any single incident. It will come into effect immediately for your next 3 races in any division.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Oulton Park (GP 1954-72) - Oct 20  (Read 3808 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:02:35 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Round 4 - Oulton Park

The fourth race of the season is at Oulton Park situated near the small village of Little Budworth, Cheshire.  This is quite a narrow track with some long straights and difficult braking areas.  Turn 1 (Old Hall) will be busy on lap 1. There isn't a lot of room and anyone hitting the advertising hoardings on the outside will probably bounce back onto the track so please be careful.  The circuit occupies much of the area which was previously the Oulton Estate. The track is set in the grounds of Oulton Hall. The circuit was originally developed by the Mid-Cheshire Car Club, with the track attracting crowds of 40,000 during the 1950s. Oulton Park regularly hosted the International Gold Cup event which attracted many Formula One teams (Stirling Moss won it 5 times), but as the F1 calendar shrank to include only Grand Prix events, the Cup became less well-known.  The track is characterised by its rapidly changing gradients and blind crests leading into unforgiving corners. Among many British and foreign drivers it is considered one of the most challenging and thrilling circuits ever constructed.

Chassis allocations are below- the same chassis will be used for all races this season, unless there is an adjustment agreed by the moderator.  Good luck!

Reserve drivers should not join the race server until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.
No drivers should go out on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Restrict chat to pit messages, and at the end of the race avoid chat until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5UKGPL
IP Address = TBC (ping myjamesonline.net)
Race Date = 06-10-2009
Time = 21:00
Track = Oulton Park
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = 50% Grand Prix (30 laps)

Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Chassis allocations are below, and the same chassis will be used for all races this season unless there is an adjustment agreed by the moderator.  Good luck!

FULL TIME DRIVERS
Hristo Itchov - BT7
Evil Clive - Honda
Ken Murray - BT11
John Roberts - BT11
Samb - BRM
FullMetalGasket - Honda
MikeBeattie - Cooper
FPolicardi - BT11
TurkeyMachine - BT11
JamesRye - BRM
Natan - BRM
Miner2049er - Lotus
Clutch - BT11
Podkreceny - Lotus
Ruud Savelkoul - Lotus

RESERVE DRIVERS
Phil Thornton - Ferrari
Steve B_1_rd - Ferrari
Asbejurn - Ferrari

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race.
If you have re-installed UKGPL over the summer break or are joining us for the first time, please don't forget to use the updated 65 mod which is available here: Jamesonline.net/UKGPL

--

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:13:02 PM +0100 »

Sorry can't make it tonight.  Pity I like Oulton.  Good luck, hope there are plenty of finishers Wink
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:25:36 PM +0100 »

Me neither though I will start the server.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:51:24 PM +0100 »

I cannot believe my race ended like that.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:38:53 PM +0100 »

man that was hard.

I'd been practicing on the wrong track for a start and was nothing but a liability in qualy. Finally strung together a lap 4 secs off pole man.

Decided on a VERY cautious start, but made up a couple of places anyway. There was an accident and I juuust managed to avoid the carnage, including a neat swerve past a car stationary that was facing the wrong way. Then I was chasing a Ferrari and he was all over the shop (sorry dont know the name, but maybe it was Phil) so I pushed hard...too hard. I took a trip to the barriers and damaged the left side of my car (which I compounded by doing the same thing on the next two laps).

Anyway, I trudged around slowly and there was some attrition and somehow I brought my battered car home (albeit two laps down). I actually set my fastest lap 3 laps from the end where after sliding into the barriers and causing yet more damage I just decided to fully commit and if I crashed out then I wouldn't loose anything. I cant believe that there are so many versions of the darn track out there!

Anyway, massive congrats to Tim on a deserved victory (he should have won at Kylami too  Grin).

Jim
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:57:31 PM +0100 »

Not after hitting my own team mate in such a stupid manner I shouldn't  whistling

Today on the otherhand I was on fire   devil
Put myself comfortably on pole without a tow - then messed up the following lap trying to get dragged around by Fulvio, who promptly span aswell 2 corners later sending me lawn-mowing to avoid him  ninja
Had one more go at knocking my time further down (had 3 sectors in prib yellow when I got the pole) but gave up as I kept making silly mistakes and just did some laps on my race setup.

Had a good start when I finally spotted the flag *just* in time to see it drop Shocked only to then be scared half to death as the car (and my wheel) started randomly wobbling down towards T1.
Somehow I held the resultant Bad entry/slide and continued to T2 where I did it again as I was still worrying over my wheel - thankfully I think Natan realised something was amiss and gave me room on each occaision, only to be clobbered by (Jethro?) a few corners later as a result. Sorry about that Natan  Embarrassed

From that point on it was a lonely race for me, was making huge gains over the P2 and 3 cars (Jethro and (Ken/John?)) as they fell over each other until they had a coming together with me approaching 20 seconds in the lead.
After that I had first Natan, then Mike following somewhat quicker behind. And only managed to pull out an extra 10 seconds by the end of the race.

All in all I'm very happy with the Waza, I've finally found a totally sweet base settup that's proving to be fast nearly everywhere while retaining a strong catchable/chuckable trait - I hope to claim a few more wins in HER name now  angel

All your Victories are belong to HER!  Grin

p.s. What happened to my fellow Waza's for this one?  Huh
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:25:58 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:30:34 AM +0100 »

evil's outta action since he's away with the fairies in far-flung fields. He said it was unlikely he'd make today last week. H I couldn't possibly comment on......

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:39:52 PM +0000 »

Enjoy the US Mike? Smiley

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:06:42 PM +0000 »

I did yes thanks.

It was eventful.

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:24:19 PM +0000 »

LOL, I imagine things are rarely quiet in America. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com