by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 03:26:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i0 LRP fun test: October 27, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Skippy @ Lime Rock - Fun race tonight (27 October)  (Read 11211 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 10:18:06 PM +0000 »

No it's not TT. I noticed it was slow tonight too.

They do seem to have some problems on update days.

Legends Racing simracing team
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 10:30:19 PM +0000 »

Only got chance to do a few laps early on.

Also noticed the site was really slow. Couldn't join initially because I have been running the HUD and iRacing have now blocked it!! Seems like someone was developing it to more than just a split time display. There is a YouTube clip of a G-Force indicator that goes red when you're on the limit! I can understand iRacing not wanting that sort of thing.

Also noticed that no iRacing setups were available other than the Skip baseline. Normally they have a couple of setups tailored for each track available for you to try, obviously not in the hosting mode. I was wobbling round using an Infinion setup, I think the baseline may have been better. It was grounding out in the dips.

I also had to re-configure my controls. Does that happen after each update?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:01 PM +0000 »

I remember they mentioned you could export the results. Would that be compatible with how its done here?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:05 PM +0000 »

Dave is going to have a look at the results export to see what needs to be done to import them into here.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:42 PM +0000 »

That was fun while it lasted  Smiley Had good pace in practice and qual and got pole, but then messed up the start big time. I have got into the habit of just putting the car in gear and hitting the throttle on the green light, and in the past this has worked very well. It didn't tonight at all, and only just avoided losing 2nd as well as 1st. After that I was chasing a very consistent Paul R, who was slightly slower but not slow enough to make a pass easy. Following close at Lime Rock is very tricky because you can't judge your turn-in properly, and it was my undoing in the end - went a touch wide at T4, had to steer a lot to bring it back and promptly lost it into the barriers. The subsequent tow took forever and left me a lap down to almost everyone, so the last few lap were more of a TT. Grats to Paul, and thx to Ian for setting it up. Good to see a lot of old racing friends out there too  thumbup1
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:16:14 PM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 07:19:02 AM +0000 »

Have they added an option to automatically save replays yet?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:30 AM +0000 »

Not yet. I have the replay from last night though.

Adam Parle
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 08:03:10 AM +0000 »

Have they added an option to automatically save replays yet?

As Pops said, it was great getting together to race with the "old crowd" last night, really looking forward to some more racing with you guys.

It was a bit of a shock to the system for a while though, having had a new addition to the family a couple of weeks ago I've not really driven in anger in ages, add to that not having touched the Skippy in even longer, and having reformatted for Win7 I had to get the FFB set up again.

During the practice session I was all over the place, spinning more often than I ever remember doing .... it did not bode well for me for the evening! Cheesy I finally got my head back into gear and rediscovered how to drive the Skippy in the last couple of laps, managing to pip fellow Legends Pops and Don for a respectable 7th on the grid who I'd been lagging behind all evening.

The race went much better than I'd hoped for - I got a good start off the line, combined with Phil Kerins poor start had me chasing down Darren for 5th.  I managed to stay in touch for the first few laps, but lap 4 the spotter suddenly tells me I'm in 5th? I didn't even know they did that!! Cheesy It totally put me off and I cocked up the braking into T1, but managing to stay off the grass.  I was lucky to get back up to speed before Pops got into a position to get past, and then battle REALLY commenced Smiley.  Pops got very close on a couple of occasions, getting a good run on my onto the s/f straight at the end of lap 10 - but not enough to try something.  A little bit of traffic on lap 15 wasn't a problem either (thanks Alex), great to see the familiar SRouk standards of driving again.  Don't think the gap was ever much more than a second between Pops and I - only a mistake was going to settle this ... and I duly obliged Roll Eyes Pops got another good run on me at the end of lap 15 to put the pressure on, and I ran off onto the grass at T1, letting Pops past and Philip too... doh! Spinning at T1 again the following lap put any hopes of regaining a postion down leaving me in my starting spot of 7th.

Good fun, thanks all.
Adam Parle
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:24 AM +0000 »

Aside from the racing, the setup and transitions between sessions were solid too - thumbs up all round really - just the results side of things to see about now.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:19 AM +0000 »

Is there any way to get the crowd together and do practice as I couldn't set the igeezer in time? Which tracks are we likely gonna use?

Edit: Laguna?
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 08:37:28 AM +0000 »

Fun racing with you Guys last night.
Everything seemed to work really well with the hosted sessions, bodes really well for a good season.
Everyone seemed on the top of their game.

Down to my race and I was gutted to stuff it on lap 2 of the race after doing nearly 50 laps of practice laugh (I found it a hard combo of Lime Rock and the Skippy) I totally lost the balance of the car into T1 and ended up stuffing it into the barriers a real rookie error. After a loooong reset Sad  where I also forgot to uncheck add fuel, I came back out and just tried to get to the end of the event.
OSiriS

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 08:48:05 AM +0000 »

The race went much better than I'd hoped for - I got a good start off the line, combined with Phil Kerins poor start had me chasing down Darren for 5th.  

I don't know what happened to me off the start. Did my usual routine, clutch in, up to 1st, revs to 6000 and wait for the green .... then I must have fallen asleep Tongue

That dropped me to the back by T1, but I regained a place and was about to chase down the next pack when i spun it. The rest of the race was spent trying to catch up on Adam and Pops, pulling in a few tenths a lap, but in the end I wasn't fast enough to close the gap enough to challenge. It was great to have familiar names to try to chase again Smiley

Phill Kerins
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2009, 09:03:45 AM +0000 »

Is there any way to get the crowd together and do practice as I couldn't set the igeezer in time?

There are always the open practice sessions if we're stuck with the official track schedule.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 09:08:34 AM +0000 »

That would leave *very* limited time to practice together if we race on a Tuesday though as the tracks only switch over on the Monday night.

I'm wondering if we should change the race day to later in the week for that reason?

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 09:11:12 AM +0000 »

Wonder if we would be able to make a weekend afternoon/morning time to race?
Like a Sunday afternoon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: