Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:15:38 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18N Spa: November 03, 2009
November 03, 2009, 09:44:08 PM +0000 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 1 3:38.406
---
1 33:19.146
---
9 3:40.119
---
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +1.108
---
2 +1.556
---
9 3:37.757
---
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 2 +0.194
---
3 +25.091
---
9 3:38.700
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 6 +1.547
---
4 +28.085
---
9 3:41.520
---
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +4.264
---
5 +28.729
---
9 3:39.921
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 7 +2.861
---
6 +36.262
---
9 3:42.278
---
Dunlop  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.208
---
7 +41.183
---
9 3:40.254
---
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 +7.893
---
8 +1:22.274
---
9 3:45.011
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 +5.099
---
9 +1:40.133
---
9 3:45.253
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 8 +3.790
---
10 +1:46.922
---
9 3:42.675
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +4.350
---
11 +1:53.946
---
9 3:44.029
---
Goodyear  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 +4.587
---
12 +2:48.064
---
9 3:45.754
---
Dunlop  
Mark65
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 14 +8.027
---
13 +3:22.603
---
9 3:44.934
---
Goodyear  
G Jonsson

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.265
---
14 +9L
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
6 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

An action packed race with plenty of overtaking. Another win for Al Heller but this time by a very small margin from the flying pie eater, Bernie Darwin. Vlad Vosblod drove a sound race to pick up another podium finish; well done!

Server replay time: 0h00m56s

Lap 1 - L'Eau Rouge - Mark Minard and Alastair Baldwin

The cars concertina up at L'Eau Rouge. Alastair gets a little out of shape and Mark tries an opportunist pass on the inside but there isn't any room. Contact is made and both cars crash out.

Mark should have been a little more patient; if this had happened mid-field there would have been total carnage. Alastair is entitled to a no-fault shift R.

Server replay time: 0h00m59s

Lap 1 - L'Eau Rouge - Peter Maestro and Fabio Locarno

Peter and Fabio are dicing through L'Eau Rouge. Side-by-side contact is made and both cars spin out.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m08s

Lap 1 - L'Eau Rouge - Peter Maestro and Norbert Stemmler

Peter tries to rejoin after the incident with Fabio. He sets off before the track is clear and makes contact with Norbert.

Peter should have waited until the track was clear before trying to set off. Peter was marooned on the track and could have been hit at any time so he had to make a decision. Unfortunately he made the wrong one. He should have stayed still until he was sure the track was completely clear or he could have reversed onto the grass on left hand lock in order to make the car point in the right direction.

Norbert is entitled to a no fault shift R.

Server replay time: 0h02m25s

Lap 1 - Masta - Bernie Darwin and Vlad Vosblod

Bernie gets a good draft on the way down to Masta. Vos decides to take the defensive inside line forcing Bernie to go the long way round. Neither driver wants to give way and side-by-side contact is made.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h02m36s

Lap 1 - Masta - Vlad Vosblod

Vosblod failed to make a stop and go for the Shift R taken after the incident with Bernie.

Server replay time: 0h04m46s

Lap 1 - La Source - Fabio Locarno, Peter Maestro and Norbert Stemmler

Fabio has the chance to attack Peter up the inside under braking for La Source. There is plenty of space but unfortunately Fabio tags Peter's rear wheel and they start to spin but both recover before the hairpin. Norbert sees an opportunity to overtake and takes the outside line. He gets past but pulls in too quickly and contact is made with both Peter and Fabio.

This incident was caused by a lack of skill rather than an error of judgement. Fabio should made sure he didn't clip Peter's wheel and Norbert should have kept a wide line through La Source until he was sure he had made a clean pass.

Fabio does a stop and go at the end of lap 1, well done.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m10s

Lap 1 - La Source - Norbert Stemmler

Norbert failed to make a stop and go for the Shift R taken after the incident with Fabio and Peter.

Server replay time: 0h08m21s

Lap 2 - Blanchimont - Alastair Baldwin and Mark Minard

Mark gets a good run on Alastair and gets past on the outside on the right hander before Blanchimont. Alastair clips the grass on the inside and he momentarily looses control and consequently drifts left into Mark.

Mark made a good pass and did nothing wrong. The contact was caused by Alastair's loss of control.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h09m00s

Lap 2 - La Source - Alastair Baldwin

After taking a shift R following the incident with Mark, Alastair is caught out on cold tyres and crashes at La Source (no other car involved). He needs another shift R. He makes a stop and go and the end of the lap but fails to do another within the next two laps for the second shift R.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Novices Trophy (65) - Spa (1967) - Nov 3  (Read 7766 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:30:52 PM +0000 »

Season 18 Novices Trophy - Round 4 - Spa

The last round at Oulton Park had to be re-scheduled because of server problems so this event has now become round 4.

Spa is one of the finest racing venues in the world and has been since its inception in 1920. Look out for people throwing ballast from the car as top speed can be king here and people need to use care when taking advantage of the slipstream following the notorious incident last season. Remember, there may be more cars following you than you think.

Car needs to be taken at Eau Rouge on Lap 1 as the field will bunch up. This is not the place for making Lap 1 Turn 1 do or die manouevres. You cannot win the race in turn 1 but you can certainly lose it, and more importantly you can lose the race for those around you, beside you and on occasion under you.

Reserve drivers should not join the race server until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.
No drivers should go out on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Restrict chat to pit messages, and at the end of the race avoid chat until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 6.UKGPL
IP Address = 80.5.200.198
Race Date = 3-11-2009
Time = 21:00
Track = Spa
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Long
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Chassis allocations are below, and the same chassis will be used for all races this season unless there is an adjustment agreed by the moderator.  Please note chassis adjustments can be made at any time not just at the mid season review.  Good luck!

FULL TIME DRIVERS
Burtoner - Brabham BT7
G Poole - Brabham BT11
Vosblod - Lotus
Happy Al - Lotus
Maestro - Brabham BT11
Nicky - Cooper
Bookie - Ferrari
Norbert - Ferrari
NHance - BRM
Al Heller - BRM
Il Lupo - Ferrari
RogUK - BRM
Mark65 - Brabham BT11
Barry De La Rosa - Ferrari
Billy Nobrakes - Brabham BT11
Bernie - Honda
Tussman - Brabham BT11
Roberto Motta - Lotus

RESERVE DRIVERS
Viss - Ferrari
Karlisss - Honda

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race.
If you have re-installed UKGPL over the summer break or are joining us for the first time, please don't forget to use the updated 65 mod which is available here: Jamesonline.net/UKGPL
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:15 PM +0000 »

looks to be another no go for team Pie Eater  Undecided

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:11:51 AM +0000 »

looks to be another no go for team Pie Eater  Undecided
Password problems still Bernie? Looked through various ini files and can't fathom what the problem is, putting in a boss password or not shouldn't make any difference. Is it worth reinstalling IGOR?
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 05:18:43 PM +0000 »

not the way i do things , it could take me forever to re install , hoping the thing has by some miracle, self cured itself for tonight's race.

I was able to join the teamies race on UKGPL6 after re booting my PC but was the same timed out message with UKGPL 4 .

Did another re boot but by that time I was locked out presumably because the race was about to start . even so i got the same timed out message rather than the expected connections not being accepted thing that usually pops up when trying to join after race start .

So fingers crossed for tonight  Roll Eyes

frustrating because I am unable to test the problem prior to the race   Huh

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:04:39 PM +0000 »

but was the same timed out message with UKGPL 4 .

Sometimes I have to try serveral times before I can connect to a server (I'm talking of up to 7 or 8 timeouts).  I just wait until the timout message dissapears and when the prompt to reconnect appears, press the button again.

Aborting as soon as the timeout message appears and trying to rejoin doesn't help and simply takes longer.

How many times do you try to reconnect before you give up Bernie?
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:54 PM +0000 »

Lets just say the re connect button has a headache
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:02:00 PM +0000 »

have been on UKGPL 5 3 times this evening , if there someone could put a password in i could check it out before the race  ,

like now  Undecided

Feck! too late, there all in there practising,  race in progress  Undecided

you go for a quick pie and a cuppa and this is what you get  :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:05:54 PM +0000 by bernie » Logged
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:11:15 PM +0000 »

We've got a healthy compliment of new drivers in the 65s but relatively few are daring to try the 67s in the Graduates Series.  Is the PRO rules?  If so there may be a gentler way to learn to drive the 67 brutes, look here.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 02:06:27 AM +0000 »

Firstly congrats to Al H, Bernie and me? for podium

Pretty chuffed to qually 2nd behind Al H, think it was my best yet and only Al's jedi mind tricks stopped me getting pole  Wink
Anyway reasonable start but on the straight before Masta Rog had me good n proper. After that it all went belly up as he had a follower - I took a Sh/R for that but, racing incident aside, I felt a no fault was in order - down to the mods on that one.
I almost thought give up but went Robert the Bruce combined with Galaxy Quest (never give up, never surrender) and pushed on from 7th or something... 
I eventually carved my way back up to 3rd and saw a spec on the horizon I now know was Bernie. Well I went into Big Bad Wolf mode to get him but as much as I huffed and puffed to blow his house down that 400 yard gap was made of brick. There finished my race.

Very pleased with 3rd, and what with yesterdays 4th in Gold, it gets me out of my 6th place rut. That champagne bottle for 1st looks elusive but enticing...
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 10:08:14 AM +0000 »

I know Bernie isn't that keen on long races but I reckon he'd have welcomed at least one extra lap here as he was closing on me very fast towards the end of the race.

Second place was clearly cursed on lap 1 as anyone who followed me seemed to suffer misfortune.. first Tussman disconnected, then Tim & Bernie collided, then Rog had a spin. That left me with a little breathing space which was to prove invaluable later. The long straights of Spa allow a bit of Prib-watching & once Bernie moved into 2nd place, I could see my lead coming down lap after lap. Knew I'd be in trouble if Bernie got anywhere near my slipstream so just drove as hard as I could - but Bernie had that Honda moving & my lead dropped from 6 to 1.5 seconds at the flag. One more lap Bernie... Wink

Congratulations to the podium - great drive by Bernie & also by Tim for a terrific recovery to 3rd (and a great qualifying time). I have to say that taking part in the 67 series seems to be really helping to improve my 65 times & driving so would recommend it.
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:09 AM +0000 »

Well I had my chance & couldn't take it. I was cautious on lap 1 & it paid off as others crashed & left me 3rd at the end of the lap. Couln't pick up a tow. Stayed wide when I saw Bernie coming hoping to pick up his tow but didn't. Worse still I thought Vos was passing me & slowed at the Masta kink with the same idea, got all wobbly & off line as a result & spun letting RUK through as well.
Lonely race after that but Maestro was catching me & I was worried but he had a moment on the last lap & dropped back so I was ok on the last few bends.
I always seem to be geared differently to other drivers so that is something I have to address. I'm just not fast enough. This season pole was about 2 seconds faster than last so its not getting easier.
Hope that I'm not in the Mods report for a change as I don't think I did anything wrong.
Norm H
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 02:55:51 PM +0000 »

Yes Norm, Novices is getting harder with this seasons pole time about 2 secs off last year.
A finish without being lapped is a reasonably good result for me - bit easier to achieve at Spa than some other places.
Got caught up in the tangle at Masta on Lap 1 - two cars were sideways, now way I could  stop & thought I'd just be able to slalom through - didn't quite work out but reckon I get a free Shift R.
Lap 3 I misjudged Le Carrier & hit the house (local resident must be so fed up with GPL gate crashers). Attempted a SnG at the end of the lap but totally messed up the braking. Apologies if I hindered the car on the straight. 

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 03:45:44 PM +0000 »

(local resident must be so fed up with GPL gate crashers).

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 04:55:49 PM +0000 »

it was a pleasure to drive the 65's after days of trying to tame the 67 fezz at Spa for my none event grads cup race

I resolved to take it easy with the honda make no silly errors , concerve revs and go for a best place finish.

With no idea how good the Honda was going to be at Spa I was pleased to make a 4th place qually spot but as usual some way off my pb,  fluffed the start and lost a place or two but had a good run down to masta and got in the tow of rog who was trying to get by Vos. 

Then going into the kink we got right up close,  Rog got past Vos  I followed him with Vos inside and me on the outside going into the kink, but 3 into 1 wasn't going to go as it turned out and Vos and myself made contact , will let the mods decide who gets the dressing down and any yellow cards but from my point of view I really think I was clear in front of you before the corner , but sorry if It was me who spoiled the party for those following. 
Not quite sure what happened and need to check my replay, but  hell had let loose in my mirrors with bits of car flying everywhere, (Its been a good week for crashing, first my PC then my Wessy and now this)   Undecided

After the dust settled I was suprised to find I still had all four wheels,  so set off in pursuit and got settled in to the race proper .
I was quite suprised with the pace of the honda as i really was taking things easy braking early and not over revving as I didnt want another time consuming off .

3 laps or so from the end I was getting a site of Al's BRM up front but thought he must be taking it easy and if I risked all trying to catch him and did get past , thought the power of the BRM would let him re pass me at will anyway and so I resigned to finish P2 which would be  brilliant and didnt want blow it .

On the penultiment lap I could sniff BRM exhaust fumes and decided to give it the beans in the hope he was in trouble , but as Al says I was a lap short on luck (still sure you was sandbagging mate cos I know you had a couple more secs in the BRM from your qually pace )

Poor Nicky got blown away when I got past him I was sure he would be haning on for the draft then realised what a handicap driving the Coop at Spa means , hats off mate for a really good effort .

Really suprised to get that PB , now i'm left wondering  what might have been with a tow from Al,  though I suspect my 6th gear was too low for it to be effective and prolly would have goosed the ungin .

Not sure about the next venue ,dont think the track is a good one for a league race and I for one cant get to grips with it at all

cyas on the tarmac  soon

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 05:48:55 PM +0000 »

On the penultiment lap I could sniff BRM exhaust fumes and decided to give it the beans in the hope he was in trouble , but as Al says I was a lap short on luck (still sure you was sandbagging mate cos I know you had a couple more secs in the BRM from your qually pace )

Yes my race pace wasn't great compared to qually - having thrown it off track in the 67 Spa event I was admittedly being a little more cautious but I think it was more because of my last minute setup change. I was pushing the rev limits in qually & was worried about blowing the engine in the race so I made the mistake of going rather too long on 5th & 6th gears (thought I might need it for a tow too Roll Eyes ) Oh well, you know the old chestnut "win at the slowest possible speed" Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:53:14 PM +0000 by Al Heller » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com