by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 06:39:42 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing S1 schedule revision  (Read 8016 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 12:12:36 PM +0000 »

...any chance of changing it to the chicane version of Lime Rock though? Wink  Much more fun than the plain track.

Nope, only the non-chicane version of the track is available for Hosted racing that week.

I hear you guys, I've leave it as-is for the moment.

I'm hopeful of a week 13 special Dallara event Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 12:16:53 PM +0000 »

...any chance of changing it to the chicane version of Lime Rock though? Wink  Much more fun than the plain track.

Nope, only the non-chicane version of the track is available for Hosted racing that week.

Ah I see, ta.

Cheers, Ross.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 12:27:36 PM +0000 »

Don't scare me, I have enough troubles as it is. Cheesy
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 12:45:33 PM +0000 »

BTW, at the moment there's no info. on what tracks will be available for Hosted racing in week 13. As soon as I have it I'll announce the event.

Best case, I'm hoping for Lowe's Oval for the Dallara as there's been some interest in an ovals race. Lowe's is a free track so that would be ideal, otherwise I'm thinking maybe Indianapolis oval.

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 07:29:19 AM +0000 »

Have to agree with Ross on this one - the Dallara's a great drive and I've seen that close racing is definitely possible with it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbRqLwMUr0A) but given the choice, as a noob I'd rather see more SRF races too so we've got a chance of some wheel to wheel stuff without too high a risk of total carnage Smiley.

Have to disagree!  Wink although I understand where you are coming from!

Hate the skippy.
Someone said it was the most difficult car to drive in iRacing.
I'm sure I could get into a groove with it if I practiced enough but I'd rather spend my time on a car I can race on the public servers too.
I know I can race the skippy on the public servers too but the races are open to most people, which I read into, more chance of being taken out by an idiot etc.
Only my perception and probably not true but at the moment, I'm getting far more pleasure out of mastering the faster cars.
No bumper to bumper action as such but the old, how far in front/behind is the next / previous guy is keeping me entertained.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the level on concentration required for some of these cars is far in excess of other sims too.
Just my humble opinion!  Grin

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 08:20:33 AM +0000 »

My preference would have been the Dallara, but I see there is definitely a popular vote for the SRF so I will go with the flow. Looking forward to whatever you get arranged for week 13 in the Indy car, Indianapolis would do for me.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:54 AM +0000 »

Anything fast!

In order of preference:
1) IndyCar
2) Daytona Prototype
3) Lotus
4) Corvette
5) Radical
6) Skippy
7) Mazda
8) Spec Racer

If you do an oval race then please do a road race as well. I may join in both, but I'm really not a fan of ovals, but if I happen to have the track and I'm free then I'll give it a go (never say never). I do have Indianapolis as it happens but I suspect a lot of people here don't?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:52:29 AM +0000 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:43 AM +0000 »

I haven't done any oval racing except that which was part of the initial purchase but like Shark and others I'm willing to try. When I bought the Indycar I accidentally bought Indianoplis to go with it, I'm game Smiley

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:32 AM +0000 »

I'd certainly like to give the Ovals a go. Lowes would be ideal as I don't fancy buying Indy to find out if I enjoy them.

SRF or Dallara is fine by me, I've got both Smiley

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 09:25:35 AM +0000 »

Guys, you are really missing out not doing any ovals...personally I am addicted...

Grin

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:17 AM +0000 »

If you do an oval race then please do a road race as well.

I guess that partially depends on the rest of the SRouk schedule for that week but point noted and I'll try to accommodate you Sharky Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 10:27:20 AM +0000 »

Guys, you are really missing out not doing any ovals...personally I am addicted...

I did used to do ovals up to and including the Late Model, but a) I sucked at it, b) it's a totally different way of driving, one that I don't really enjoy, c) the elitism of the faster drives in ovals is worse than road courses, d) I haven't got time to do much road racing let alone oval racing as well and GTR2 and PnG and GTL and the rest of life. Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 11:31:36 AM +0000 »

Grin

Have been trying a few (had my first win the other night) and they are great, although the rookie races are a bit mad with their 18 second laps!  Seems to mainly be a case of simply avoiding the pile-ups.  It is great fun though and I'm looking forward to some ovals in some of the faster cars.

Cheers, Ross.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:47 AM +0000 »

Have to agree with Ross on this one - the Dallara's a great drive and I've seen that close racing is definitely possible with it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbRqLwMUr0A) but given the choice, as a noob I'd rather see more SRF races too so we've got a chance of some wheel to wheel stuff without too high a risk of total carnage Smiley.

Have to disagree!  Wink although I understand where you are coming from!

Hate the skippy.

Don't agree about the Skippy as it's a great challenge, but isn't the SRF that we're on about here the Spec Racer, not the Skip?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:34 AM +0000 »

Yep, the SRF is the Spec Racer Ford and not the Skippy or Skip Barber RT2000 car.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: