Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 02:44:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44 Silverstone (GP 19…
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18A Charade: November 17, 2009
November 17, 2009, 09:49:51 PM +0000 - Charade (1958-1988) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +1.027
---
1 1:08:01.824
---
20 3:22.087
---
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +4.635
---
2 +1:40.786
---
20 3:25.042
---
Goodyear  
kinghiro

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 8 +5.451
---
3 +2:35.040
---
20 3:28.567
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +12.651
---
4 +1L
---
19 3:31.452
---
Dunlop  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 5 +4L
---
16 3:27.864
---
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 1 3:19.396
---
6 +7L
---
13 3:20.215
---
Dunlop  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +3.110
---
7 +11L
---
9 3:25.887
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +4.067
---
8 +14L
---
6 3:26.544
---
Goodyear  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.360
---
9 +2.239
---
6 3:22.763
---
Dunlop  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +7.855
---
10 +1:02.659
---
6 3:26.097
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +18.401
---
11 +16L
---
4 3:38.770
---
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +13.522
---
12 +17L
---
3 3:32.010
---
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 9 +7.434
---
13 +18L
---
2 3:33.011
---
Dunlop  
Asbjeurn Tverberg

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 +14.874
---
14 +19L
---
1 3:52.738
---
Dunlop  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +2.616
---
15 (+21) +20L
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 16 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A race dreaded by some and anticipated by others due to the layout and the nature of the track, and it has to be said that there were some excellent lap times put in during the meet.

It was sad to see a few discos during the latter stages and luckily it didn't spoil the race too much for most drivers.

We are back to more familiar territory next time out with a trip to the Dutch coast.

Server replay time: 0h00m50s

Jethro and Mike Beattie collide at T1.

Mike moves from one side of the grid to the other on the run to T1 which is not advisable and Jethro keeps his foot in around the outside which is also not advisable at T1.

Mike did nothing wrong as he had plenty of overlap and any contact between them is exacerbated by warp which is clear as Jethro is sent towards the barrier.

Racing Incident

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m50s

Jethro and Jim collide approaching the left hander after the hairpin.

Jim brakes and Jethro runs into the back of him. Following the collision there appears to be some warp on Jethro's car.

Jim brakes a little early but this is a long Pro race and it is lap 1 on a tricky circuit with a high rate of attrition and that cannot be used as an excuse for the collision, nor can the warp which followed it. Jethro allows himself to follow Jim too closely and when he brakes earlier than Jethro wants he rear ends him.

I have found myself saying this several times this season and have applied appropriate penalties and warnings, but once again I re-iterate that it is always the responsibility of the pursuing driver to avoid such a collision and make a clean pass.

Whether or not this was an overtake attempt, and I am sure it is not, the contact is avoidable and unfortunately leads to a more serious incident as the drivers recover.

I want people to note that Jim has asked for no penalty to be given, but unfortunately I disagree on this occasion, especially given the history of similar incidents by the same driver.

A Simple Rear End Shunt would seem appropriate at first but it does not cover Lap 1 incidents so this has to be a Blatant Rear End Shunt and also attracts a lap 1 incident penalty on top.

Server replay time: 0h02m00s

Following the above incident Jethro was facing the wrong way and after letting KingHiro through he tries to rejoin. Steve just makes it through but Asbjeurn has nowhere to go as Jethro drives straight across the track in front of him.

The server replay clearly shows Asbjeurn approaching but Jethro's replay is only showing 1 car behind and that is the stationary Jim.

Jethro could not see that Asbjeurn was so close but should have known that he was not at the back of the field and potentially others would be close.

He could not have let Jim go first so there were would have been no more stricken cars behind, as Jim was also facing the wrong way so would not recover quickly.

As Jethro did hit a car (or caused one to hit him) but not one he could see, this equates to an Inconsiderate Bad Rejoin and again attracts a Lap 1 incident penalty.

Jethro was driving here under a suspended ban for similar incidents this season. The moderators inflicted this suspended ban after much consideration, and their main aim was to show Jethro that he needed to take more care when racing online against drivers of similar ability rather than to punish him.

Unfortunately there has been no marked improvement since the suspended ban was imposed and in fact there have been similar incidents in other divisions.

Therefore we feel that we have no choice but to put into force the 1 race ban which will be effective immediately and prevent Jethro from entering the next round of the 65 Amateurs season at Zandvoort on December 1st 2009.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Charade (1958-1988) - Nov 17  (Read 8317 times)
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 06:51:20 PM +0000 »

I'll have a problem on the start, even if I take pole, a few people will pass me up to T2.  Undecided Passing them back is near impossible on this track.  Roll Eyes

Most of them won't finish. Wink

..........the first lap  Grin

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 09:55:13 PM +0000 »

Not happy at Mike nurfing me into the T1 barriers on lap 1. Got as far as the first hairpin, then followed James down the hill preparing myself for the twisty bits. Then lag bit and I slammed straight up his tailpipes when his car suddenly moved from left to right. Apologies for the appalling rejoin, I hadn't registered there were still people behind me and either Steve, Asbjeurn or Phil broadsided me down the mountain. Fruitless efforts to get myself back up the hill resulted in me taking an excursion to blown-engine land. Happy to forget this one, I was already getting frustrated from T1.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:47 PM +0000 »

Am I racing in the amateurs or the novices  Undecided

Again I was rear ended, probably I was going to slow or breaking early or something  Huh

You cannot win the race on the first lap. If you are overtaken off the line, dont try to compensate by overdoing it.

Rant over, was never gonna finish this one anyway  Smiley.

Anyway, after moving up to P4/5 ish, and then being bumped to last. I had a fun 2 laps overtaking a bunch of Ferraris. Actually overtaking is the wrong word really as they all spun off in order to let me through! They all had the last laugh though as I beached myself after an appallingly lazy spin.  Roll Eyes

Ah well, there is always the next race....

Jim
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:07 PM +0000 »

''Got as far as the first hairpin, then followed James down the hill preparing myself for the twisty bits. Then lag bit and I slammed straight up his tailpipes when his car suddenly moved from left to right.''

Ah well that explains that. No problems Turkey Machine, lag is out of anyones control.

jim
Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 10:06:32 PM +0000 »

Very Poor from me. Hitting someone from behind is unforgivable.

It was Lap 4 and i was steady and in the groove, knowing that all i had to do was keep going in 8th for a decent result.

NVix must have made a mistake up the road as when i started Lap 4 he was just in front of me instead of the usual 4 seconds. He was getting up to speed and getting his rhythm back but i seemed to nudge him from behind into the first tight hairpin of the lap. I thought i'd breaked more cautiously than usual, but for whatever reason we collided as he turned into the corner. It wasn't a passing move by me at all. Massive apologies, but glad he kept going, whilst i was on my roof and out.

Stupid Mistake.  Sad
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 10:20:43 PM +0000 »

Am I racing in the amateurs or the novices  Undecided

Again I was rear ended, probably I was going to slow or breaking early or something  Huh
Don't read too far into this, but you were going incredibly slowly in a couple places, so much so I had to make double efforts not to rear-end you when I thought you were brake-testing me!

Upon looking at my replay, I had rear-ended you because you braked comparatively early. I knew where I was going to brake, even with other cars there, and had aimed my car to the outside of the corner in preparation for that. Your car didn't go from left to right suddenly since you were in full control, I don't know why I didn't register that you were braking then until it was too late. Wasn't Prib-watching, was keeping an eye on you. I know it's the following drivers responsibility to avoid a collision, but from the lag I had I was having half a job controlling the car against the frame-skips and predicting where your car was going. When I found it heading square on I couldn't avoid the collision. Lag took care of the resulting spin and wreck, otherwise it would have simply been an almost-harmless rear-end shunt; you'd have probably continued with an impressive slide, I'd have probably spun and ended up the bank.

The rejoin was unforgivable, however, so apologies to anybody's race that ruined.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 02:39:03 AM +0000 »

I was having a great race and after Tim was kind enough not to fight me too hard, I managed to build some lead and settle into a very comforting rhythm. All of that came to nothing as I got disconnected with less than 7 laps to go.  Undecided

Grats to Tim, at least SHE will be pleased!

MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 07:34:59 AM +0000 »

First off apologies to John for my move that ended up with both of us seeing unintended parts of the French countryside, you'd got sideways and lost a bit of momentum and I went for the gap, and you know the rest. I was glad to see you were still running when I exited the race a few laps later.

My day started badly when I went for a practice. GPL refused to recognise my prized set-up, a variant on the DBCoop65 version. I tried moving it to another folder, rebooting the system etc, etc. Even when Fulvio sent me the base DB set-up during chat ( many thanks) it still refused to load it. So I got another set -up and did what I could, but it was only good for 3.21s, so I was about 2 secs down on pace.

Obviously the reserve server didn't have the 1 x1 grid loaded so it was a bit cramped there. As he predicted, Hristo didn't get a great start and even my Cooper caught him by T1, so Jethro you were trying to get round someone who was alreadyon the outside of someone, so 3 abreast ain't going to work.

L1 was hectic got inside H at T2 but knew he was still there on the outside and kept it wide for T3 so he got back ahead. A couple of laps later I spun and John got past. I passed him back  only to spin again trying to catch Tim & H who were 10 secs up the road. Then we collided, as per above and Evil got ahead of me

Again I had lag, but this time it was only when you got to the last couple of metres, it was really bad with Clive the Honda shaking about all over the road !! Like John, Clive was really slow in a few places and I really had to lift out of it and lose momentum, . Eventually it was a fated move into the last hairpin that saw me slide up the inside and run backwards into the bales. The rear suspensioon was damaged and that was that.

Cheers Mike
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 09:55:28 AM +0000 »

Sorry if my Waza was dancing Mike, but I was certainly gatting a bucket load of lag and frame dropping.
So much so, that I found at times even the controls were lagging.  I would apply brakes and turn in to a corner and ....nothing! for an age ( it seemed) whilst the car ploughed straight on, suddenly picking up on the input and responding. Which is why I was very slow in some places as I could not predict what would happen.
Eventually after about 7 laps when I was losing the will to continue, it caught me out completely at the top of the fast uphill section and I shot over the earth bank and down into a wooded French valley losing wheels on the way.

I don't think I have experienced lag as bad as that before, certainly not as regards steering and brakes. Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 10:02:42 AM +0000 »

Disappointed not to make it last night but personal things cropped up at the last minute, well about 8:30 to be precise. A shame because I'd been practising and while not up to the Ams pace as usual I was confident of getting to the end.

In other news I have noticed a fault on one of my phone extensions which may explain the worse than normal lag for some, though I think Tim said he had an almost perfect connection.

I will get the extension fixed but it has not caused me any Internet issues so far so maybe it was not that.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 12:44:27 PM +0000 »

Went well - thought I had pole sussed until the final 10 mins when H pipped me by a second  hammer
Luckily Mike's setup woes kept him behind me so at about the 7 minutes to go point I gave up trying to catch Hristo and just started practicing on the race setup.

In a very unusual turn of events Hristo near-enough equalled my start  Shocked Enough at anyrate to hold the inside line into T1 which forced me to take the outside line - The extra powahs of the Honda then came through for me giving me the whole road to play with by T2, with Hristo eventually settling in behind me after seeing off Mike's advances. I knew that Hristo was going to be a problem as he was clearly faster going by the Qually times - Mike was an unknown as Previously he'd slaughtered me here but didn't seem to have the pace last night. I know why now...

With this in mind I settled into the fastest rythem I felt I could risk, knowing that H wouldn't try anything silly this early in the race with the field so close behind. Somepoint in L2 the pack dropped back considerably and H seemed to be displaying an interest in getting by me - I continued as before knowing his best chance was to get a tow out of T1 and outbrake me into T2 as everywhere else was too tight. I imagine this was rather frustrating for him as I was clearly slower n some of the moe technical sections...
A lap or 2 later and Hristo struck somewhere I totally failed to anticipate - The braking zone into Virage de la Ferme
I was having a great race and after Tim was kind enough not to fight me too hard,
I was about to turn in as usual when I spotted him diving up the inside, Rather than hold my line I decided discretion was the better point of valour and made room for him to avoid potential contact. I still had a damn good (almost certain at the point) shot at 2nd so didn't want to push either of us to detruction that early in the race - especially as Hristo will sometimes bin it while trying for lap records ect  Wink

I assumed that that was what became of him when he disconnected, hadn't realised he'd mearly been dropped/lagged out - I shall write a letter of thanks to the relevant telephone/internet provider anyway  Grin

Oddly the red message informing me of his demise actualy resulted in my going faster rather than backing off to preserve car and tires. I still don't know why I did this - Mike had already retired and I was a minute clear of Natan/Fulvio.
I set my fastest lap of the race the following time round, this resulted in several slower ad more skittish laps due to the resultant heat in my rear tires - I than managed a gracefull piruette at the rear of the circuit on about lap 17/18 which gave me my slowest lap of the race, before finishing in style by putting in a pair of FL's on L19 and then L20. These were both 3:22.08 and about .003 seconds apart  Grin

All in all a good fun race for me - if slightly lonely after H ran off into the distance. Clermont is just so much fun I could have quite happily ran that distance on my own I think  angel

I also dicovered Bilbo Baggins and his house when parking up after the race - I've been driving past Bag End for the last 5 years, and even knew of the tunnel and Abbey Road, but have somehow never noticed either him or his house  Embarrassed

Anyway - SHE is pleased  Grin

All your races belong to HER!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:49:27 PM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:01 PM +0000 »

I didn't any practice before the race cause I know well the track, but when I joined I found that I had a BT11 setup from 5 years ago when I had still the ol'red LWFF and I used to be a Right Foot braker. I dropped the front brake bias a bit and reduced the steer lock to suite the DFP higher angle, but the car didn't handle too well. I got 7th on the grid, but when I tried to put in first gear and watch on the side view nothing happened, wheel and pedals were working but no buttons and paddles available. In the horror of what would have happened at start I wrote in chat some curious words to bring attention, but too late, the flag dropped and I was hit by someone that was caught by my fault start. After all the pack was gone the buttons and paddles worked again and I could start and try to catch the pack. After have passed some spun cars I did a lap and an half behind Phil's Ferrari that hadn't any intention to let me by. I couldn't risk a pass on the twisty and he was faster on the straights so I settled to pressure him a bit till he spun  angel
Later I passed John, that was struggling with a damaged engine on the straights, but it was defending well on the twisty bits, and a BRM. In the end I was second after many drivers had to retire with sensible margin on K.Hiro in 3rd.
Since half distance my Lat and Q bars went up and they didn't return to normal till Natan retired, or he got discoed?
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 06:43:31 PM +0000 »

Oh - to follow on from t'other Tim's comment.
Like Fulvio my lag was fine throughout most of the race bar around the time Natan vanished. They then dropped back to normal 10-20 seconds after his disconnection..

Dunno if that'll help you at all Tim  Smiley
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59:36 PM +0000 »

I had that for Bremgarten when others disconnected, just FYI.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 09:13:01 PM +0000 »

So something happened to everyone at some point of the race, probably when I got disconnected. I guess some people's connections couldn't deal with whatever happened. Seen it happening in other races before and in other leagues. Usually the cause of mass disco.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com