by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 08:30:21 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 year sub to iRacing for $75  (Read 5100 times)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 04:30:36 PM +0000 »

Yeah, I jumped at another year too Smiley

Even if I were only subbing so I could join in the SRouk league racing I think I'd have gone for it.

we are all at it, I've sold my soul till 2011 as well Smiley
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 04:46:04 PM +0000 »

Next Billing Date:   2010-11-27

Done Smiley

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Ben "Welling" Summers
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 05:59:44 PM +0000 »

Next Billing Date: 2011-08-27

Grin wahoo

Ben "Welling" Summers
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 07:12:21 PM +0000 »

Yes, it was too good to miss, they hooked another one here!!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 09:42:53 PM +0000 »

Really tempted with this but i'm starting to think with all the content available i need to be commiting more time to this to really get the hang of it. I can kinda see why some of you have dropped the others and just commited to iR.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 09:46:04 PM +0000 »

I'd say you don't need to use all the content at all - in fact I am quite the opposite. Most of the cars sit in the garage, but they will still be there when I want them so that's not a problem. As long as you can get good value racing for the cost involved (and I realise this is an issue for some) then just doing skippy racing or even SRF / solstice is very rewarding.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:45 PM +0000 »

I know i dont need to but the corvette, DP and lotus 79 look interesting plus with some of the best american tracks  available which must be amazing if the stock ones are anything to go by drool

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:25 PM +0000 »

Too good to miss, I'm subscribed until end July 2011 too Smiley

Regards
Gary
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 10:36:34 PM +0000 »

I know i dont need to but the corvette, DP and lotus 79 look interesting plus with some of the best american tracks  available which must be amazing if the stock ones are anything to go by drool

Sure, if you can't resist and money isn't a problem then having more content isn't a reason not to subscribe. I just meant that you can get well into iRacing with very little - my most involved season was with just the skippy, VIR and infineon as extras (although the current skippy needs more track content than it did in the good old days).
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 09:56:34 AM +0000 »

2 belts, 3 sets of braces, 2 overcoats, 3 pairs of socks,a bargain 75 bucks, mean my renewal is    2011-09-08 too.

The more I do this, the more I enjoy it!

I agree Spanner, I need to give this more time now...  Wink

I take Paul's point about the skippy etc. encouraging more people to join,...... come on Legzy! Smiley

but I am lovin the Mazda round Infineon, looking forward to some Radical action, plus I might even have a laugh with the Lotus79 which is mental!
Gonna be doing some Corvette too when I get a minute!

Once you commit and get a load of content, which is 25% cheaper if you buy in bulk, then you have lots of options!

Oh, and I have to say the standard of driving lately is way better than 9 months ago... had some great battles.

M.

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 10:11:45 AM +0000 »

It's only 25% if you have ALL the content (including ovals). For most of us the best you can get is 20% off if you buy 6 or more items at a time.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 11:50:14 PM +0000 »

Don't forget, if you are subscribing for the first time and you have the choice, remember that you can use the referal option to donate money to the league. You can nominate either Pops or myself and we will make sure that any credits are used to pay for league events. At the moment we have only a few events, but the idea is to add some practice sessions through the week, and these cost the same as races.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 11:45:55 PM +0000 »

Well I succumbed to the temptation of the darkside and signed up for the year today. Just done the 10:15 Skippy race at LRP. Started in the pits for safety and finished 5th with a couple of passes on the way and one real scary one. Came out of the last corner being chased by a chap who was recovering. The guy in front had spun and after the smoke had cleared  was picking up speed done the middle of the track. The two of us went passed, one either side Smiley

Not sure I'll be getting the participation bonus as to complete the championship will cost some $72 (less discount)

Still the Skippy round LRP is fun in its own little way Smiley

One thing did I lose SR after each season I missed? I thought I was low 4 point something when I packed it in but started today on 2.8. Got +0.03 for a TT at LRP and then +0.6 for an incident free race. Didn't expect that much.

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 12:00:59 AM +0000 »

Looking back at the last race you did before leaving you are listed as a B4.22. You are now an A licence holder.

When you go over 2.0,3.0,4.0 etc you do receive a extra boost of around 0.4 hence why it jumped 0.6.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 12:07:40 AM +0000 »

On a separate note that I've noticed again, quite often when I check previous results using my PC I can't see licence grade drivers hold. Just the adjustment.

However when I log in using my mobile phone I can see all the results no problem.

I also have issues with the iRacing pages loading at times too. It stops and waits when downloading images etc on the iRacing pages/dashboard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: