Quarterly cost: �0

April 24, 2024, 07:46:50 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18N Adelaide: December 15, 2009
December 15, 2009, 10:01:03 PM +0000 - Adelaide (GP) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.200
---
1 40:07.675
---
25 1:34.752
---
Dunlop  
G Jonsson

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:33.953
---
2 +7.664
---
25 1:34.253
---
Goodyear  
D-Rock

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +3.006
---
3 +1:05.322
---
25 1:36.657
---
Dunlop  
Ross Neilson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +1.844
---
4 +1:15.876
---
25 1:36.094
---
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.007
---
5 +1:24.906
---
25 1:35.464
---
Dunlop  
john491

Honda RA272 F1 1965 8 +3.303
---
6 +1:32.611
---
25 1:36.071
---
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 12 +5.116
---
7 +1L
---
24 1:38.442
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 9 +3.755
---
8 +12.056
---
24 1:38.634
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +4.247
---
9 +23.150
---
24 1:38.905
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +5.403
---
10 +28.840
---
24 1:39.322
---
Goodyear  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +3.846
---
11 +33.459
---
24 1:38.576
---
Dunlop  
Flatspot

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +2.357
---
12 +1:05.545
---
24 1:37.212
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 7 +3.051
---
13 +24L
---
1 1:42.253
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 15 ---
---
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 16 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

An important win for Al Heller in his chase for the title. After setting the pole time and leading for much of the race Tussman had to settle for second place after a titanic race long dual. DRock grabbed the second podium of his career with a solid drive to third place.

Server replay time: 0h18m56s

Lap 11 - Wakefield Corner – Nhance and Flatspot

Norm (Nhance) is leading Phil (Flatspot) when they pull over to let the leaders lap them. Norm is a little too courteous, running very wide and loosing momentum. Phil seizes on the opportunity to overtake and gets alongside Norm as they enter the next left-hander. Neither driver gives way and contact is made.

This was a legitimate passing attempt and both drivers were entitled to fight for position. Phil had achieved more than a 50% overlap but not 100%. Once side-by-side both drivers moved over. This was a contested pass and consequently is classed as a racing incident.

Advice. Neither driver benefits from a coming together due to a contested pass and it is not a situation in which blame can be apportioned to one party alone. Both drivers have a responsibility to give each other room in a 50:50 situation such as this. If you can’t see the other car in your mirrors you must assume they are along side and drive accordingly. Eventually one or other driver will get the upper hand, possibly several corners later. Norm should have kept a tighter inside line and Phil should have stayed a bit wider.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h36m35s

Lap 21 - Racetrack Corner – Nhance and Flatspot

This time Phil is leading and runs wide and it is Norms chance to mount an attack. Norm gets along side on the exit of Brabham Hairpin but Phil has the inside line into Racetrack. Neither driver wants to give way and contact is made.

Again this was a legitimate overtaking attempt. Neither driver had won the corner and they were entitled to fight for position. Racing incident.

Advice. The driver on the outside will always be at a disadvantage because of the risk of lag. Lag always pushes cars wide so the inside car is never at risk of lag contact but the outside car is. Consequently, in the interests of self preservation, the car taking the wide line should always leave a little more room than would be absolutely necessary in real life.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Novices Trophy (65) - Adelaide (GP) - Dec 15  (Read 9451 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 11:12:48 PM +0000 »

Now I see it  !!!!!!!!!    Top of page at 9am - clandestine stuff.  I checked a few hours too early.
Sorry M8, I was late home from work (didn't get in until 9:10) so had to jump straight onto the server.  I'm usually around in chat to help the first timers.  At least you know where the password is now Sad

We do state where the password is in the Race Announcement.  See "IGOR and Race passwords: see above"

I appreciate the forum can be a bit difficult to navigate around at first.  Easiest way is to go the homepage and find your way from there.  The race announcements can also be found by clicking on the flags at the top of the Championship table.
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 11:18:07 PM +0000 »

10054 ERROR DETECTED

wtf is that  Angry

A network error on your system, your network card =is unable to communicate properly.

Then try to join by IP and there is

IPX node bla! bla! bla! in the place where you should be able to type the IP address.

IPX is an old networking protocol before the days of TCP/IP and is mainly for Novell networks.

You could uninstall the IPX protocol altogether as you won't need it.

Might even help.

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 11:43:14 PM +0000 »

A network error on your system, your network card =is unable to communicate properly.

And ?

IPX is an old networking protocol before the days of TCP/IP and is mainly for Novell networks.

You could uninstall the IPX protocol altogether as you won't need it.

How do you do that ? 

How does the bludger get there anyway ?

Answers on a post card please ( In BIG letters and please write slowly cos I'm thick ) 
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:02:01 AM +0000 »

And ?

C'est une problem.

How do you do that?

Right click on the connection and bring up its properties. The only things you should need in there are Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP.

Click on any others and then click the Uninstall button below.

If you take out one you need, you can rreinstall them but you may be asked for the XP CD.

Doping either will require a reboot I think.

BIG letters and please write slowly cos I'm thick )

Well, that'd be the Wiganer in you.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 01:50:21 AM +0000 »

Quallied 2nd to last - prib said 37 but I couldn't get better then a 39.
Not seen the replay but found myself in third after a few laps. I knew there was no way I could hold on to that with my speed but scraping in seventh was a good result for me at this track.
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 09:14:19 AM +0000 »

Hey maddog,

Sorry to hear about your problems last night. Not sure if the password was case-sensitive, I worked on the assumption it was, and got connected OK.

I do know how you feel though - for Zandvoort two weeks ago I had been practicing a lot (over 200 laps) and then couldn't connect on raceday. Very frustrating, especially as everyone else has gone leaving you alone in the chat room to wonder WTF is going on. Thing is, once you get connected, you don't want to go back to the chat room as (I think) you would lose your best time in qualifying, as well as wasting practice time.

Hope you get in next time although you may have to wait until the Xmas break is over. There is always Billy's Sunday Spec races though.

Cheers,

Ross

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 11:38:06 AM +0000 »

Very demanding track & hard to be consistent - about 2 seconds between my Prib time and laps time. Nevertheless didn't have a bad drive starting last on the grid and picked up a few places by the finish line. Didn't even need a Shift R. Had a running battle with Norbert - we weren't exactly racing but trading spins. I spun last so Norbert finished in front.
Good debut drive by Ross to finish 4th(?). Where do all these fast Newbies come from - we need some slow drivers to make me look good.
No more championship races until January !! Just to keep you chaps in shape there will be a Sunday Drivers spec race on Sunday (plug) 20th December at Mosport. If you are not in the Interleague find a set up for the Honda & the Cooper & join the fun. There will also be a hang over special on 3rd January at Watkins Glen - can't remember which cars - will post nearer the time.
... Bill

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 11:57:31 AM +0000 »

And ?

C'est une problem.

How do you do that?

Right click on the connection and bring up its properties. The only things you should need in there are Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP.

Click on any others and then click the Uninstall button below.

If you take out one you need, you can rreinstall them but you may be asked for the XP CD.

Doping either will require a reboot I think.

BIG letters and please write slowly cos I'm thick )

Well, that'd be the Wiganer in you.

Thanks mate, clear as mud  Undecided

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 12:44:27 PM +0000 »

I threw everything I had at this race as being a tight twisty track I thought it might be my last chance of a decent result in the BT7. In fact I was surprised to find in testing that I was quicker here in the BT7 than I had been in the Lotus for last Summer's Fun Race (which is also a measure of how much I have improved over the last few months I guess). I'll be moving up a division next season so it was great to get such an unexpected result here.        

I like Adelaide & once again driving the 67 race here helped me improve a lot in 65's (as ever, I'd recommend the 67 junior series Privateers to anyone running in Novs). Beat my PB by some margin to grab provisional pole early on in qually - I knew I wouldn't better that lap so did some test runs on race fuel & wasn't too disappointed when Tussman relegated me to 2nd late in the session. Both me & Tussman took it easy into T1 & then began a nose-to-tail battle that would last all 25 laps... it's not often in GPL that you can race someone closely the whole race without incident - it was very tough but was a good clean fight with neither of us doing any silly moves. I followed Tussman closely for half the race before a slight mistake let me through into the lead - suddenly the situation was reversed & Tussman was all over the back of me for the next 12 laps. My setup was optimised for the twisty sector 1 & the Stag Hotel corner so I could just about pull out enough time to guard against Tussman passing me on the long straight. Any mistakes would have settled it but somehow I managed not to make any slip ups & held on to win.      

Congratulations to Tussman for 2nd & to D-Rock for 3rd. Also well done to Ross for grabbing 4th on his debut. Thanks to Nicky for stepping in with the server (sorry to see your engine blow - had a few go on me in testing too Tongue) I wonder if we should set up a spare server for Silverstone as quite a few regulars were missing for this race - might be an idea to provide a fun race for the reserves in the event that we're over-subscribed?  
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 01:08:03 PM +0000 »

Smiley
Hi Bernie ,

To check if your TCP/IP protocol is enabled , go to :
1.   Windows-system control panel
2.   open Network-connection ( those icon shows a plug in the earth , lol )
3.   right click on the LAN connection is listed in there and open properties .( could be more then one , depending on your hardware. I f there are more then one , simply do the following steps to each  ).
4.   make sure the boxes are checked for : Client for Microsoft Networks , File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP protocol .

I hope that helps.

Well , to be honest  , I am surprised you could join Monza but not my server.
Was Monza PW protected as well ?

Kindly regards
NickyIckx
 Wink
Flatspot

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:09 PM +0000 »

I enjoyed the first two thirds or so of this race before my frequent spins started happening on nearly every corner.  Must somehow learn how to be consistent.  I need to concentrate 100% on not crashing, but my mind wanders to thinking about whether I'll be able to catch the guy in front, or if I'm being followed paying more attention to my mirrors than the road in front.  It's frustrating to know that I'm fast enough to fight it out somewhere in the middle of the field, and then to finish last due to spinning almost every other lap.  At least I finished though.

Qualifying was all right; I was half a second off my PB, so would only have been a place up even if I'd managed a super clean lap.  Apologies to Billy for impeding him with a bad PO and Nicky for spinning on some grass that had been painted to look like asphalt.

Gilles got a bad start and Rog had a flyer (why did he vanish after lap 1?), so I remained fifth.  I wasn't fast enough to keep up with the front four, but moved up to 4th when Nicky bizarrely stopped for a break on the grass.  My spin (which proved to be the first of many) at Stag Hotel let four people past, but after passing Nigel at the hairpin I was briefly back to 5th.  Looking more at my mirrors than my turn in point did for me at the chicane, and hesitancy at rejoining led to me beaching and needing a shift-R.  My clumsy SnG didn't seem to do any damage, but I was down to 9th, a double spin at the hairpin put me down to 11th, and further spins put me 12th and last.  I fought my way past Norm and Norbert for tenth, but a series of mistakes put me last again, and too far back to catch anyone up.

I had a couple of small collisions with Norm, and have submitted incident reports so that I can get some guidance on what I might have done wrong, and learn as much as I can from the incidents so I can find the right balance between fighting for a place, but doing it cleanly and without crashing.
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 01:35:13 PM +0000 »

Grin
First of all big hand to Al and Tussman !!! very well done .
Congratulations too goes to D-Rock for great 3rd and to Gille for great 4th !

pitty that Bernie wasnt able to join  Sad

what happend to Roger ? disco at beginning of L2 ?  Huh Huh

My race :

-Went to start late and didn’t warm up my engine proper
- got an real good start , but not fast enough to jump on P2 safely
- decided to stay in 3rd gear at T1 instead of 4th , coz Al and Tussman realy took it easy
- due to that 2 self created mistakes I stranded up with an blown up engine to the end of Lap 1
- waited till the whole field  passed my , did shift-R
-did an stop and go inside the pits
-did a lot of bullshit over the whole lap 2 , till I could calm myself down
- 2-3 nice laps hunting John491, who was P5 that time
- mismanaged to fight for P4/P3 by making a stupid spin at last turn on L21
-luckily could regain P5 at least

all in all a poor performance by me . BUT still big fun.

Hope there will be some fun races over the holydays …
 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:48:34 PM +0000 by NickyIckx » Logged
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 03:03:03 PM +0000 »

Smiley
Hi Bernie ,

To check if your TCP/IP protocol is enabled , go to :
1.   Windows-system control panel
2.   open Network-connection ( those icon shows a plug in the earth , lol )
3.   right click on the LAN connection is listed in there and open properties .( could be more then one , depending on your hardware. I f there are more then one , simply do the following steps to each  ).
4.   make sure the boxes are checked for : Client for Microsoft Networks , File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP protocol .

I hope that helps.

Well , to be honest  , I am surprised you could join Monza but not my server.
Was Monza PW protected as well ?

Kindly regards
NickyIckx
 Wink

Thanks Nicky , I have looked at those and all boxes are checked .

Monza didnt need a password , also I was racing Adelade on your ( I think it was you)  practice server last monday night.

It seems the problem I had before has come back to haunt me , last time I was convinced it was caused by my AVG anti virus plus firewall , but I disabled that and still had the error message so can rule that one out  Huh

Im thinking a full re install of GPL is now the only way to go , but would rather have all my teeth pulled than try doing that  Roll Eyes

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 03:32:21 PM +0000 »

Re-install GPL to somewhere other than your current place and check it all works properly.

Then make a backup of it that you never ever have to touch until something else goes wrong. That way, you know you have a working install without issues.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 04:38:31 PM +0000 »

Ah Adelaide, its the track that made the Aussies say "lets run a GP......... at Melbourne". :'(
Had an engine go in qually so watched the revs in the race (see below)
Was changing race set up as the server moved from Qually to Stand by to Race which resulted in no green button so I watched the grid form up & depart without me. Frantic mouse clicking resulted in me suddenly being in car in the pits so I set off 20 secs in arrears. There must have been bother early on as I caught the back markers by lap 2. On lap 3 my engine went again so it was shift R & S&G losing further time leaving me 12th & last. By lap 11(repeat 11 !!!!) Tussman & Al H were lapping me as I was leading Flatspot after one of his many spins. I went wide to let them through but had a bump with Flatspot but he got the better of this one & pulled a 10 sec lead on me as I plodded on my lonely way. Towards the end I was racing Flatspot again! & we had another bump but this time I came off the better but he was behind me until he lost it yet again & I proceeded to finish 11th after D Rock had lapped me. I've replied to the incident reports he submitted & hope neither of us get penalised as there was no red mist or anything deliberate on either part I felt.

Thanks to Nicky for the server & well done to the awsome Tussman & Al H. Think it may not be too long before D Rock is on their case as well.
Norm H
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com