by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:34:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i Watkins Glen: December 29, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing - Dallara Indycar @ Watkins Glen (Boot) ENDURANCE - Dec 29  (Read 10748 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 03:42:14 PM +0000 »

I just don't get what the gripes are with this car. The IndyCar is waaaaay easier to drive than the Skippy (which I still think is the hardest car in the game, no grip, no power, no brakes, that's hard!) or the Mazda, or the Vette, or the DP. It's got so much grip that it makes it so much easier. This I prefer cause instead of fighting the car to keep it on the track i can hone my lap times.

Just did a few laps in the Corvette at Sebring and not only can I not see where I'm going (sitting so far back in that ruddy thing), it's impossible to judge turn in or braking, horrible. IndyCar feels right as soon as you get in it, yeee haaw.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 04:16:22 PM +0000 »

I thought the same about the Indycar, very narrow 'edge' but to be honest this car / track combination is great!
There are a few places which can catch you out but you just have to drive accordingly!
May be I'm getting used to it a little because the back end on mine is moving around a lot so I'm getting lots more feedback for some strange reason!
Looking forward to it...

Grin

P.S Obviously I will be slow and at the back as usual! Smiley

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 04:24:25 PM +0000 »

Wasn't due to be around for this but the weather forecast persuaded me to come back earlier today rather than this evening. So I haven't done any practice but will be there to cruise around at the back, wait for others to fall off and to get an undeserved 3rd place again Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 04:48:03 PM +0000 »

Just did a few laps in the Corvette at Sebring and not only can I not see where I'm going (sitting so far back in that ruddy thing), it's impossible to judge turn in or braking, horrible. IndyCar feels right as soon as you get in it, yeee haaw.

Any excuse for being 3s a lap slower than me in the 'Vette. Tongue

I still find the Skippy one of the easiest cars to drive 'cause it's soft and slow.

IndyCar + Road Atlanta = new kind of fear.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 04:57:38 PM +0000 »

Will be an 'arrive and drive' for me if I make it - not had any chance for practice here or for the Le Mans P&G event yet ;(
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 06:00:34 PM +0000 »

Any excuse for being 3s a lap slower than me in the 'Vette. Tongue

Not bad considering I only did about 3 full laps! Kiss

IndyCar + Road Atlanta = new kind of fear.

Road Atlanta - OMG! That place is hard in iRacing. The numerous blind crests are a new kind of torment for any unsuspecting useless fish like me. Doesn't have the stay away factor that Lime Rock's bumps do, but it's on the cliff edge of hard.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:02:37 PM +0000 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 06:00:58 PM +0000 »

The server is up guys Smiley

Bit of a minor family crisis here meant the Mrs has had to go out so I'm on my own with the little guy so I might be late in depending when I can persuade him to go to bed Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 06:23:27 PM +0000 »

The numerous blind crests are a new kind of torment for any unsuspecting useless fish like me. Doesn't have the stay away factor that Lime Rock's bumps do, but it's on the cliff edge of hard.

I don't mind blind corners on any track, once I'm in the rythm the turn in's just seem to come naturely without thinking about them too much.
Dan Minton

http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryLinton

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 06:25:41 PM +0000 »

Drive into pit lane. Stop in box. Wait for go. Go. You can fiddle with fuel load too but if you time your stop right you won't need to.

So it changes tires automatically ??..And does put in the same amount of fuel as you started with ??
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 06:32:12 PM +0000 »

And does put in the same amount of fuel as you started with ??

No, it puts in a full tank every time you stop if you don't fiddle with it.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 08:53:15 PM +0000 »

That was a waste of an evening, do some practice, end up as usual at the tail end of the grid. Within 3 laps taken out by somebody who'd already spun deciding to over do the throttle and spin in to the path of those avoiding him. Might have been a public race with those standards and as usual I never saved my replay so no report going in Sad Hey ho.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:02 PM +0000 »

Car jumped into the air like the Merc at Le Mans Huh
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 09:45:48 PM +0000 »

Going well until it washed out behind Blunder at the bus stop. Reset one.

Fought back to 6th until I just misjudged the exit of the Inner Loop and clipped the launch ramp - not a big launchbut no way to avoid the wall. Reset two.

Miles behind and in 8th, decide to go for qually laps. Reset three.

Enough.

I was enjoying that for the most part, but TBH the car is just a bit too fast for me to keep my concentration up for that length of time.

Skippy time!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 10:06:57 PM +0000 »

I agree with Pete, that wasn't the standard of driving I'd expect of an SRouk race in the first few laps nono

The rest of the race was brill though, 40 laps in I had some contact with Mark who kindly tried to let me through but I'd already tried to set myself up for a pass on the next straight so I was pretty close and got caught out by the move, was unable to get slowed enough to go inside so I went into him Sad Just a misunderstanding I guess.

That dropped me from 4th to 7th but SBG kindly decided to park up on the last lap to give me 6th.

Lost a big chuck of time starting from the pits after I had no FF on the grid so had to jump out and come back in. I've never had that happen before Huh

Legends Racing simracing team
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:36 PM +0000 »

Was mostly consistent but for a few wayward moments which meant some time in the pits. Thankfully unlimited tows AND resets angel. Never quite felt happy going through  those last few turns and sadly early on went too wide onto the grass in the first part then was going too fast for the second bit and needed more track to slow down on but TT took the racing line so sorry there. Then seemed to spend most of it trying to get out of the way of everyone, well trying to, sorry Iain. I guess i was too used to letting people through as some just seemed to want to follow.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:09:31 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: