by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 11:51:58 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Step Forward 2 Steps Back.  (Read 2385 times)
Dan Minton

http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryLinton

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 10:28:37 PM +0000 »

Got up early this morning to get a whole day trying to get some iratings, Did about 4 races and 3 tt's in the Mazda at Rd Atlanta managing to gain about 140 points  only for it to be taken away by idiots .   First one was an A class driver being lapped who let the guy in front of me through then just drove across the track and wiped me out , then in the next 2 races someone spun and just drove straight onto the track in front of me.  
Went from 1963 up to 2098 then straight back down to 1970 . What i dont understand is why when someone else takes you out or re-enters the track after a spin and you cant avoid them you get stripped of iratings?? Angry

Twice in a week this has happened ..Frustrating!!

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:23:08 PM +0000 »

I understand your frustration.

I've had the target of breaking 5000 for months now and I don't know how many times I've come very close only for something to go wrong.

Last time I was only about 30 short and a couple of disconnections cost me nearly 300 iR.

With the way the SOF is going these days it often takes 4 or 5 positive results to recover from one bad or unlucky race as I can drop 150+ for a bad race and only gain 30 to 40 for a good one.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:53:16 AM +0000 »

What i dont understand is why when someone else takes you out or re-enters the track after a spin and you cant avoid them you get stripped of iratings?? Angry

Twice in a week this has happened ..Frustrating!!

I can understand your frustration Dan, but isn't iRating a measure of your performance and SR a measure of your accidents. So the system would have to judge what position you were likely to finish before you were knocked off for your iRating not to be affected.

I know not everyone shares my care free attitude to the iRacing system, but I basically couldn't give a hoot what my iRating is, or even my SR as long as it's above 1.0

That race I did tonight was a rare participation in an official event tbh. I mostly amuse myself doing open practice sessions and our own SROU races, and SR does not apply to either of these.

I have to admit I did feel some satisfaction when I cracked the 2000 mark recently, but when you get the likes of Brian knocking on 5000 it just shows me how inferior I am!!
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:34:09 AM +0000 »

I know had bad it is sometimes, I been low as 900 before, due to disconnections mainly, but I do Average around 1500 irating most of times, at the moment im at 1700, I have been to 2010 irating once before, but was doing solstice races  laugh

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Dan Minton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 07:02:26 PM +0000 »

I agree Ken the scoring system is good just in the situations i am talking about its a bit annoying,  I guess qualification is a major part to keep out of trouble in the first lap.

Im not the most consistent driver so my rating will no doubt show that but ive not got to the 50 race mark yet so time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:45:16 PM +0000 by Dan Minton » Logged
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 08:30:32 AM +0000 »

Dan, best way to think about it like riding a 'real' motorbike on the road...
you have to assume every accident is your fault, not seeing it coming, going too fast etc.!
Only way I have survived 'so far' to tell the tail!

Very frustrating none the less... Wink

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 09:11:34 AM +0000 »

...you have to assume every accident is your fault, not seeing it coming, going too fast etc.!

I refuse to think this way, not for a jackass behavior. Sad
I must say I find the guys have improved a bit, mostly I meet responsible guys this days and accidents do happen. Undecided
Dan Minton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 12:38:24 PM +0000 »

Dan, best way to think about it like riding a 'real' motorbike on the road...

I understand what your saying and yes to think that way riding a motorbike on the road is correct but on a race track with cars ... i couldnt do that, you would never attack the track or get into a rythem .

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:16 PM +0000 »

I take it all back... running in 3rd and got taken out from behind!  censored

Mazda race!  :'(

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: