The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 07:03:33 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any PS3 racers on here?  (Read 1302 times)
Jamera

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:19:10 AM +0000 »

Hello everyone!!!!!,

Been quite some time since I've been on here and due to a divorce, move, smaller house etc I have had to relegate the PC to the loft. I have however gone over to the dark side and got a PS3, which I'm really enjoying, but can't seem to find any racing games where there is a regular league or community on. Do any of you guys know of any or can you point in the right direction?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:26 PM +0000 »

Good to hear from you Jam Smiley I've played PS3 Grid and Dirt 2 (I think) over at my brothers and I'm with you, they are mucho fun. As for a "community", what wrong with the one here? Get the PC back where it belongs  Wink

Stewprovo

Team Kerb Crawlers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:07 PM +0000 »

Hi Jam,

I'm an avid PS3'r as well, but there is nothing on the driving side to speak of, until GT5 arrives sometime next century anyway. The only large online game you'll probably come across is Modern Warfare 2, which has me well hooked ATM.

' I'm much, much faster on 2 wheels...honest! '
' I might ride it like I stole it, but it really is mine officer! '
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 01:07:09 PM +0000 »

Also love my PS3, but it's completely devoid of driving games. Most fun out there at the moment is Dirt 2, but I bought it on the PC instead so I could play with wheel and higher resolution.

GT5-Prologue is a bit sucky tbh.

I use PS3 for action adventure games, quiz games, rhythm games, platformers, that kind of thing.

We really should have a list of PSN IDs for us to add as friends. Mine is "Shark1975" if you want to add me as a friend.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:17:27 PM +0000 »

Got a free copy of Dirt 2 with my 5870 card so will have to try it.  Had a quick bash on the XBOX 360 demo and it seems like quite a good laugh.  Need to upgrade to Win 7 first though so I can use DX11 (as far as I'm aware anyhow).

The 360's gone now, doubtless I'll end up buying a PS3 just to see what GT5 is like when it eventually arrives...and then will probably end up selling it a month later.  At least with the PS3 I can semi-justify it because of the Bluray and Beeb iPlayer support.

Incidentally, I met the founder/MD of Bizarre Creations the other day (developers of PGR series) at a kids birthday party.  He'd heard through another friend that I was into sim racing and he was quite keen to come round and have a play on my iRacing set-up.  Nice guy, very down to earth.  Was interesting to talk to him about the physics modelling side of things in general.

Cheers, Ross.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 01:25:15 PM +0000 »

Just as I suspected I am going to struggle to find anything like the racing communities that we have on the PC.

Just for ref my PSN ID is Jamera (rather unsurprisingly lol)
Stewprovo

Team Kerb Crawlers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:33:00 PM +0000 »

Mine's the same as my forum name on here.

' I'm much, much faster on 2 wheels...honest! '
' I might ride it like I stole it, but it really is mine officer! '
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 01:44:51 PM +0000 »

I'll keep an eye out for you on MW2, VERY VERY addictive  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com