The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 01:27:34 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 Classic 1967  (Read 7210 times)
Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:18 PM +0000 »

GPL goes rfactor.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KC9XGDU1

great fun to play this mod and comes with some nice car sounds.

also comes with two types of tires, 67 and 67_pro, both have different phyiscs grip so you can choose what you like.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:56:35 PM +0000 by Jos Verstappen » Logged

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:06:28 PM +0000 »

GPL goes rfactor.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KC9XGDU1

great fun to play this mod and comes with some nice cars sounds.

also comes with the types of tires, 67 and 67_pro, both have different phyiscs grip so you can choose what you like.

I have to admit I have actually tried this, eventhough the F1 Classic mod group is regarded as the devil incarnate in the GPL community. The guy has just ripped material from the GPL mods/updates without permission and bunged it in this mod, which although fun to drive, does not even have different physics for each car. They are all the same under their skins!! You are dead right about the sounds though, that is the only reason I occasionally play it. The DFV is fantastic with all of it's different on and off load engine sounds.

I don't like the basic attitude of the users I see on that forum either. Some of them are converting GPL tracks, again without even a thought to ask permission from the originators. The conversion process isn't too clever either, so when they come out crap they blame the original GPL version as being at fault, when it is the conversion process itself which degrades it!!!
Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:00:26 PM +0000 »

hmm  you sure about all the physics being the same, I first tried the BRM and I found it somewhat unstable, then I tried the Lotus and it felt much better.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:59:26 PM +0000 by Jos Verstappen » Logged

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:19:53 PM +0000 »

hmm  you sure about all the physics being the same, I first tried the BRM and I found it somewhat unstable, then I tried the Lotus and it felt more much better.

Well they are on version 2.3 now, so maybe they have progressed to different physics. I only drove the Lotus when I downloaded it the other week. I will check the change log and see what it says.
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 05:04:48 PM +0000 »

Try this one: http://virtualclassics.lightbb.com/monoplazas-f6/rfactor-f1-1967-mod-t62.htm

Andy Charman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:34 PM +0000 »

Being an old GPL'er I couldn't resist trying this mod out(thanks for the link).
I had no idea it had been released.
Having tired it out I quite like it to be honest.
The cars are hard to drive with massive oversteer and I wasn't sure how to improve the set ups.
Not sure the default set ups are any good.

Shame its not an online version and on the black market so to speak.

"You're not playing that bloody game again are you!"
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 06:45:11 PM +0000 »

I just got round to investigating whether this mod has different physics for each car. Seems like they are all very similar from this exchange at the website:

Q. The "67"tyres looks to unrealistic for me and i was only 6-8 (1.13.9) seconds slower with those tyres at Kyalami than with the F1 79 cars. So i changed for the 67_Pro tires and find SO MUCH JOY riding my honda. THis is FUN!!! Remind me alot my GPL days.
Kyalami 1.17.0 with the 67_Pro tires. Comparing to the 1.19.0 from the original GPL sim is not that far. Im not sure but all cars gave me the same maximun speed. The mod car engines are equal?

Reply from Slimjim, the mod builder. yes, i have tweaked the Pro tires to give the closest results to real lap times as i can, depending on tracks if they are 100% accurate, which most are not... so you can only guess.... and yes the engines are the same, but still have their own little things to them, as a LE type mod it's easier to control the group in league races, not having everybody in 2 or 3 cars as most historic mods do.. i want all cars on the track, not only the fast , or best handling.
Andy Charman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 04:18:21 PM +0000 »

That link given is for version 2.0. The latest version now is 2.3, which is way different.
This is a really good mod imho especially if you were into GPL.

Go to F1 Classic website to find out more.

"You're not playing that bloody game again are you!"
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 06:41:59 PM +0000 »

That link given is for version 2.0. The latest version now is 2.3, which is way different.
This is a really good mod imho especially if you were into GPL.

Go to F1 Classic website to find out more.

Huh It's certainly named V2.3, but since I haven't actually downloaded from that link I couldn't verify what the actual content is.

The mod is certainly fun, but even the v2.3 does not have individual physics for the cars. Judging by Slimjim's comments that I quoted, it looks like he does not want to go in that direction anyway.

The best feature for me is the improved sound system of rFactor compared to the original GPL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com