Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 09:53:17 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S18A Monza: January 26, 2010
January 26, 2010, 09:39:27 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 18 (2009-2010) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +1.150
---
1 1:02:35.472
---
38 1:37.178
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:36.198
---
2 +0.112
---
38 1:36.936
---
Goodyear  
kinghiro
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 2 +0.401
---
3 +4.730
---
38 1:37.465
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +1.747
---
4 +53.094
---
38 1:38.789
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 +2.258
---
5 +53.108
---
38 1:38.361
---
Dunlop  
Turkey Machine
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +0.810
---
6 (+20) +16L
---
22 1:37.673
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.733
---
7 +19L
---
19 1:37.334
---
Dunlop  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 4 +0.681
---
8 +25L
---
13 1:38.061
---
Dunlop  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +1.386
---
9 +33L
---
5 1:38.843
---
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +2.102
---
10 +34L
---
4 1:38.133
---
Goodyear  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +1.639
---
11 +0.193
---
4 1:38.504
---
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.574
---
12 +38L
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 13 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Monza has served as a popular curtain closer but will it survive the chop for season 19?

Only time will tell but it holds fond memories for some, and bitter sweet for others.

Last seasons Amateurs Champion had his hopes scuppered this season not once, not twice, not 3 times, this could go on a while ...... so the mantle was picked up by Tim Muttram in the Waza mobile. Surely he needs a slower chassis next season ;)

Evil Clive and Fulvio round out the division's top 3.

A good season with some interesting new circuits to the division proving popular.

Server replay time: 0h02m20s

JW attempts to pass John Roberts (sound familiar?) on the inside at Parabolica.
John has passed King Hiro on the exit of Ascari and defends the inside line at Parabolica.

JW attempts an overtake where there is no real gap. What's more he loses control under braking and had he not hit John it is doubtful he would have made the corner at all.

Even worse, this is lap 1 and the fight is for the lead.

Again JW shows a lack of race craft as he has the whole of the next straight to try and slipstream John.

Impossibly Ambitious Overtake 3 places
Lap 1 incident 1 place

Unfortunately this means that through the accruement of yellow cards for persistent aggressive driving, Jethro will be served with a one race ban. As this is the second occasion that the number of yellow cards necessary has been accrued, and the second time a ban has been proposed this season, it will not be suspended and will apply for the opening race of the Amateurs Trophy in Season 19.

It is unfortunate that the incident has only been moderated so long after the season but the severity of it should not be diminished by my tardiness.

The Moderators would hope to see a vast improvement in Jethro's judgement for the remainder of season 19.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 18 (2009) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Jan 26  (Read 8066 times)
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 01:43:12 PM +0000 »

I think part of the problem with chatting is many people still don't know or don't use the whisper command. Typing / followed with the driver's number (i.e. /#20 nice lap) would send a private message to that driver, so please use that. As for general comments, nobody cares so those are needless. I don't even see the point of saying PO and the likes. Who does it help? Are drivers on the track supposed to make way for people just because they're exiting pits?

As for my race, it once again proved that the handicap system simply doesn't work at all on some tracks and needs to be more adaptive. The fact that I was totally nailing my lines and carrying as much speed as possible, yet others were constantly missing their braking points, running wide, catching slides, but then merely throttle out of corners and still lapping a second and a half quicker is more than enough evidence. I suggest there are different car assignments for tracks on which engine power > anything else.

Anyway, I had some good battles, although it was frustrating to have to constantly lift up in corners to avoid rearending people and then they'd just beat me senseless on the straights. I'm sorry for hitting you, Pod, but you braked much much earlier for Parabolica on that lap than on your previous laps so I was totally caught by that. Tried my best to go off to the left and avoid you, but it was impossible.

As for Fulvio, I was just performing a slipstreaming pass and that's why I moved to the right. It wasn't an intention to block you or something, sorry it surprised you.

Jethro, next time you say "I have bad warp so I won't be getting close in battles" make sure you stay true to your words. Cutting ahead before braking zones and running side by side is quite the opposite. It was good fight anyway. Especially when Tim and Evil closed up on us and we were 4 Wazas fighting it out.

Eventually after all the extreme pushing to compensate for the lack of power the engine finally gave up. It said ignition, but looked more like it lost a few cylinders.

-=Hristo=-
Just as an FYI Hristo, from memory of last night, I only did that once and it was completely accidental when the BT11 stepped out in the braking zone and I couldn't correct it. The lag did seem to settle down somewhat, but I wasn't running nose-to-gearbox with people, just close enough that I could get a decent tow and increase the speed. I lifted a lot in the tows of people, yourself included, to avoid putting myself in the situation where I'd have to make a pass or risk a collision, thus giving myself more choice with regard to position of car.

Unfortunately, positions of other cars meant I'd have collided with either John, KH, or whoever was behind me, on lap 1. If I'd have gone for that gap that was there between the cars, the likely outcome would be all 3 of us out there and then and penalties for myself. John's fully within his rights to report me for it, but there was nothing I could do under the circumstances.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:59 PM +0000 »

I manged to settle the car perfectly into the corner and just nailed it in 3rd right around the outside line abandoning any rev limit..

3rd!  Shocked

I never managed more than 10,000Rpm into Para in 2ndGrin
Although I did notice from your engine note we had totally different gearing strategy's on the go....
I think my downfall was that my setup was made to maximise lap times, 2nd was long enough to do the entire Lesmos complex safely which left it only just in the power band for para when fighting.
Suffice to say adjustments will be made to counter you for next season  Wink

Also as a side - As I already had the championship in the bag I decided to throw my normal caution to the wind regarding rev limits. I gave the car death from the drop of the flag and it just lapped up the abuse  angel

Go Go Waza Technology!  w00t
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 02:33:29 PM +0000 »

Phil and Steve, how close were you to each other? 0.014 seconds separated you on the finish line!!! Shocked

'kin close, i think covers that one!  Grin

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 02:47:34 PM +0000 »

Monza's good for that   Cool
Fulvio pipped me last season by all of 0.036 of a second ( hammer )

Shame the Waza train exploded and fell to pieces before the end this time out, as it looks rather spiffing in the replay  Grin
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:55:38 PM +0000 »

well it sounds like most of you had a great race alas that was not the case for me .

qually went well with 3rd thanks to a fine gent in a brm for giving me a tow and so to the race ...

got a good start and was soon alongside Tim who must have slightly bogged down at the start and was chasing KH , must have got a better exit than him out of lesmo2 because coming out of ascari I was besides him on the right on the run down to para .

on the run down the straight I stayed to the right because I could not see KH , what happened next really shouldn't have . I was overtaking the lead car on lap one and had out braked him on the inside into para... to then be rear ended by another car , did they really think that they could overtake both 1st and 2nd place cars in one swoop ?

but then again it's not the first time this season that i've had my race finished like that (it's not even the 2nd or .... ) .

john 
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 11:09:13 PM +0000 »

After a spin I managed to recover to catch Phil but his driving allowed me few chances of getting through.  I did manage twice, I think, but I didn't drive defensive at all which allowed Phil back each time.
I knew you were faster than me Steve so once I got ahead because of your spin I had to drive a defensively to try and keep the position.  Keeping the inside line for Parabolica and Lesmos to force you round the outside was my only chance.  I did keep it very tight to give you room, drifting wide would have risked contact and would have been unfair.  Despite my tactics you still managed to pass me round the outside at Lesmos (twice!!).  The tow on the drag down to Parabolica was so good even I had the chance to overtake on the inside.  I've you'd kept the inside line at parabolica (quite fair and within the rules) I wouldn't have been able to drive around the outside (as you almost did on the last lap!!).  Defensive driving is allowed in UKGPL but blocking isn't.  I think there was one lap at Curva Grande when I drifted at bit wider than I wanted and might have blocked you a bit but apart from that, I think it was a pretty clean dice. 

Looking forward to resuming our battles in Season 19.
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 08:03:17 AM +0000 »

Sorry Phil, I can see how my comments may have read.  I wasn't criticising in any way.  What I was trying to say was that you're driving was skilled, calculated and clean.  I couldn't have driven like that lap after lap or I'd have ended up going off.  You held your line lap after lap and it was quite impressive without making any mistakes to allow me through.  When I did manage to get passed with a move that, for me, was a little ambitious (overtaking is not a strong point, but I'm working on it) you got back almost instantly.

It was great driving on your part.

Steve

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 01:01:00 PM +0000 »

Woohoo!!  just looked at the completed Championship table  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

As we all knew Tim had already stamped his name on the top spot for HER, but my win at Monza and a few reasonable finishes in the last few races has sneaked me into 2nd!!! Shocked Shocked  SHE will be pleased..I hope, coz I was amazed!!!
Especially as the WAZAS have comprehensively taken the Team title as well.

I feel a glass ( or two) of saki coming on.............
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:13:22 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:48:35 PM +0000 »

Sorry Phil, I can see how my comments may have read.  I wasn't criticising in any way.  What I was trying to say was that you're driving was skilled, calculated and clean.  I couldn't have driven like that lap after lap or I'd have ended up going off.  You held your line lap after lap and it was quite impressive without making any mistakes to allow me through.  When I did manage to get passed with a move that, for me, was a little ambitious (overtaking is not a strong point, but I'm working on it) you got back almost instantly.

It was great driving on your part.
Kind words Steve Embarrassed  All I was trying to say is that is how I think GPL should be played.  Over the years we've developed rules at UKGPL to encourage tactical driving and discourage rash irresponsible behaviour.  GPL isn't enjoyable as an "arcade" game.  Being punted off on lap one because of someone else's stupid mistake is a real pain.  You have the race craft but like me you lack the outright speed.  Hopefully we'll get quicker but if not we could drop down to the Novices for Season 19.  There are a few more drivers at our level in that division so instead of fighting for last place we might be competing for a podium Wink.
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:32 PM +0000 »

Personally I'd prefer to stay up in Am's as I think the best way to improve with anything is to play someone who is better, and I have a whole grid full of better to play just now.  Hopefully might pay off eventually.

Steve

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 08:38:34 PM +0000 »

Personally I'd prefer to stay up in Am's as I think the best way to improve.....
You'll have the choice to pick which division you want when registration for Season 19 Opens Wink
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 11:58:38 AM +0000 »

Finally got around to doing the moderation which completely slipped my mind, so the standings are now finalised.

Please all read the moderation comments, especially those involved in the only reported incident.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 01:11:06 PM +0000 »

Sad

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:44 AM +0000 »

Sad

We need more Jethro clones for the new season, just in case.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com