Quarterly cost: �0

April 16, 2024, 01:16:40 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44 Silverstone (GP 19…
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Fund  (Read 41055 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2015, 11:19:32 AM +0100 »

GTL, P&G, GTR2 & AC all use the same server services which is what the £220 is for.
Thanks for confirming that Tony.
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:24 PM +0100 »

It still doesn't answer my questions about which expences there really are. It seems like that nobody knows about which expences there even are.

To be honest I don't know how much is in the fund.  It can't be in debt because it is not a bank account (it is a paypal account)
This sentence is a bit funny. The money is received on a PayPal account, but nobody knows how much money there is. As far as I know a PayPal account is very accessible. How do you know that the quaterly cost still is in red?

It strikes me a bit odd, kind of like a fraud, and ridicules all of the members.

The bosses have fled, the persons who know about the accounting have fled...perhaps they are laughing on Ibiza.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:44:10 PM +0100 by Pelle_B » Logged

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2015, 06:47:24 PM +0100 »

I am shure Chief Paul "Badblood" knows all about it, but he is (due to RL) very seldom onboard ATM.

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:53 AM +0100 »

I am fairly new here. So I do not have any answers, but I do not think that the donations have ever exceeded the expenses.  

Sunday Driver
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2015, 06:33:57 PM +0100 »

It still doesn't answer my questions about which expences there really are. It seems like that nobody knows about which expences there even are.

To be honest I don't know how much is in the fund.  It can't be in debt because it is not a bank account (it is a paypal account)
This sentence is a bit funny. The money is received on a PayPal account, but nobody knows how much money there is. As far as I know a PayPal account is very accessible. How do you know that the quaterly cost still is in red?

It strikes me a bit odd, kind of like a fraud, and ridicules all of the members.

The bosses have fled, the persons who know about the accounting have fled...perhaps they are laughing on Ibiza.  Grin

What exactly has promted you to suggest fraud?

We are talking here about Paul "you could rarely come across a better bloke you might never meet" Whitfied or as he is better known BadBlood.

Your suggestions, if not meant in jest, are a little wild to say the least. For the pittance that I have donated over the years to race here under the guidance of the honourable Mr Whitfied and co, I have no complaints whatsoever and am amazed at how much I get for so little.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2015, 06:54:49 PM +0100 »

To be honest I don't know how much is in the fund.  It can't be in debt because it is not a bank account (it is a paypal account)

The bosses have fled, the persons who know about the accounting have fled...perhaps they are laughing on Ibiza.  Grin

I believe some of the detail is already covered within this thread, however presently, as Phil has already stated, there are no real ongoing costs due to the kindness and goodwill of some members who provide servers free of charge for us to race and host on.

Servers: free, and as long as I have one (UKGPL9) I will continue to make it available freely to UKGPL to host races on.

Website domain: the domain ukgpl.com and website is hosted by Dave "Gizmo" Gymer (aka SRou's top brass), whom I understand does so in thanks to the time that he spent with UKGPL. As part of that arrangement we are under simracing.org.uk for league administration, this is why "Hosted by DaveGymer.com" is at the bottom of all sections of SRou.

The website: the code is primarily managed by Badblood and Phil due to their experience with the underlying code structure (I believe this is PHP but they know best, so don't take that as gospel). Some of the content was recently updated to be more current, but it integrates nicely into SRou events on ukgpl.com and links to ukgpl.com nicely under the UKGPL banner on SRou. Dave Gymer hosts this alongside SRou.

The forums: hosted by SRou, see above.

The paypal account was managed by Vosblod, whom is not really active any more, but still occasionally stops by. The original quarterly cost was based on shared usage of Team7's GPL server hosted by Gamesclan, however last year it developed a misfire as it came under attack (Denial of Service attempt) and had to be retired from usage in 2014. As a result, we rely on UKGPL3 (BadBlood), UKGPL8 (Cookie) and UKGPL9 (Turkey Machine) for race hosting. For now, UKGPL8 and UKGPL9 are the go-to servers for race hosting. UKGPL3 hasn't yet been tested with 60fps and BadBlood has real life commitments that prevent him from being around as often as he would like.

In terms of ongoing costs, realistically there are none. UKGPL relies on donations and race participation for survival. This is a hobby after all! I contribute my time and resource because I want to, and those on the moderation side do so because they want to.

I hope that clears this up. There is nothing stopping UKGPL members contributing directly to SRou's fund if they would like to (e.g. a fiver per member per annum) but there is no obligation to do so.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:21:17 PM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2016, 12:45:01 PM +0000 »

can i submit some german euros without using paypal ?
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2016, 04:18:48 PM +0000 »

can i submit some german euros without using paypal ?

What are German Euros  Huh

I thought Euros was the same currency for 19 european countries (+6 other states : Monaco, Andorra, San Marino ...) but I was not aware there was "German" Euros  Shocked

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2016, 05:48:55 PM +0000 »

Yeah David  Grin

Look at the backside of the coins then you can see the country Roll Eyes

Axel "Cookie"

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2016, 06:17:17 PM +0000 »

Yeah David  Grin

Look at the backside of the coins then you can see the country Roll Eyes

So, Bastian will send only coins, and only German coins !

I am OK if he'll send me coins from other countries
...even from Monaco  Cheesy

bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2016, 10:30:26 AM +0000 »

yeah, just fun...anyway, whats the best way without paypal and how much is suitable for the year ?
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2016, 11:03:19 AM +0000 »

The servers are atm private servers, so no cost for UKGPL  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2016, 05:45:56 PM +0000 »

The servers are atm private servers, so no cost for UKGPL  Wink

Lot of thanks to people sharing their servers for us  thumbup1
I think Axel is one of them.

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2016, 05:54:42 PM +0000 »

We can be very happy and thankful for the free servers. In particular Axel who hosts most of the UKGPL races, but also Jethro and Phil. Besides that everything is voluntary work. In a way it's great not having to depend on donations Wink

Yet we are a  part of simracing.org.uk who hosts our forum and database. One can always donate at https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=754.0

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com