by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 08:53:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing semi-automated incident wibbletron  (Read 7977 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 03:01:48 PM +0000 »

Don's listed with 4 incident points in the race result but doesn't appear in Ross' output at all.

I'm pretty sure it should have been the contact with TT, who also isn't listed for any incidents on that lap.

TT has 4 incidents in Ross' output, 8 in the official results.

Legends Racing simracing team
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:37 PM +0000 »

I think the problem here is that Don didn't finish lap 1 and so doesn't appear in the lap chart data which is why he's missing.  Hmm, that's a bit of pain (and a bit daft on iRacing's part).  Has anyone seen other iRacing stat link which have more data available that I could parse?

Cheers, Ross.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 03:19:46 PM +0000 »

Truetom finished lap 1 though....

There's incidents listed against drivers 16529 (Adam Parle) and 37203 (don't know who that is) on lap 0, which I guess is lap 1 in our terms. Odd.

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 03:28:21 PM +0000 »

Did he? That is odd then. Unforunately the lap chart doesn't seem to have any data for him at all so there's nothing to work with there.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/eventresult_lapchart.jsp?&subsessionid=1789702

Lap zero, as far as I can tell, is what happens before the you pass the start line once the green lights have lit.

I'm 37203 and I got a black flag for a jumped start.  Adam's incident was a 'discontinuity' which I guess must be some kind of latency issue causing issues with his client to server timing going a bit whacky.

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 03:30:18 PM +0000 »

Sorry, just to clarify:-

Don isn't listed as finishing lap 1 and so there is no data available for him in the lap chart.

TT is showing as having a contact on lap 1.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 03:31:24 PM +0000 »

TT has 4 incidents in Ross' output, 8 in the official results.

Bear in mind that multiple incidents of the same type on a single lap are only counted once in the lap chart data.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 03:39:28 PM +0000 »

You've put your finger on it then Ross!

If the driver doesn't complete the lap, it doesn't appear in the output although the total incident count is correct.

TT's contacts were on lap 1 (Don, recorded) and lap 5 (Rob Burton, not recorded). TT did not complete lap 5.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 03:41:45 PM +0000 »

Has anyone seen other iRacing stat link which have more data available that I could parse?

No. Sad It might be worth asking on the iRacing forums, perhaps even posting a feature suggestion to provide a report as part of the results with all incidents including session plus timestamp for each. The raw data must be available internally.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:08 PM +0000 »

Yes, I was going to suggest the same thing.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 06:29:07 PM +0000 »

Yes, I remember a race a few weeks back where a driver spun in front of me on lap 1 and I couldn't avoid hitting him. He retired immediately, but I attempted a tow which was futile becase the damage was not repaired. So I then retired. When I looked at the race result he had no incident points and no drop in SR whereas as I did!!!!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 07:22:35 PM +0000 »

When I looked at the race result he had no incident points and no drop in SR whereas as I did!!!!

Getting off topic but if the incidents just replaced some that dropped off the oldest end of his corners his SR won't change.

SR is relatively easy to understand once you've got your head round the basic concept, but iRacing don't appear to want people to actually understand it.

Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 07:30:10 PM +0000 »

When I looked at the race result he had no incident points and no drop in SR whereas as I did!!!!

Getting off topic but if the incidents just replaced some that dropped off the oldest end of his corners his SR won't change.

SR is relatively easy to understand once you've got your head round the basic concept, but iRacing don't appear to want people to actually understand it.

True Dave, but I don't think the race report showed him actually having any incidents in that race. I'll check on the site.
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:28 PM +0000 »

True Dave, but I don't think the race report showed him actually having any incidents in that race. I'll check on the site.

Yep, it just has a dash in the incidents column and when you click on his laps it just shows a blank page. Whereas mine shows my incidents and all I did was take a tow and then retire.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:03 PM +0000 »

Yep, it just has a dash in the incidents column and when you click on his laps it just shows a blank page. Whereas mine shows my incidents and all I did was take a tow and then retire.

You can try reporting it to [email protected], but I'm pretty sure he still got the same incident points as you - it's just not reported them.

My point was that just because somebody gets incident points, his SR won't necessarily drop because they may not have changed the total number of incident points over most recent n corners (where n depends on license level).

Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 10:12:34 PM +0000 »

You can try reporting it to [email protected], but I'm pretty sure he still got the same incident points as you - it's just not reported them.

My point was that just because somebody gets incident points, his SR won't necessarily drop because they may not have changed the total number of incident points over most recent n corners (where n depends on license level).

You might be right Dave. Just got nudged off in a Mazda race at Silverstone as we ran down to T1. I got a good start and went to the outside of the car ahead, but then got boxed in my the next car ahead. The one I was alongside drifted over and just clipped my front wheel. He did apologise I have to say. Anyway this time I retired immediately and the result shows a dash in my incident column, but my SR still dropped by 0.21!!! I need a race for participation points and I haven't had chance all week/weekend. Dunno whether to do 23.00hrs, but it will be my last chance!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: