Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 09:01:19 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Oscars - Season 19  (Read 5361 times)
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:08:18 PM +0000 »

For a bit of fun a 'little birdie', who shall remain anonymous, has offered to run a few Stats this season;

1) S19 Rookie-Meister
Rookie status includes any driver new to a division plus those having entered 5 races or less in that division (career total). Total points will be tallied from srou championship points.

Amateurs        
Novices   
Historics   
Works   
Privateers   
Spec - no rookies   
Al H         
Burtoner   
Goran   
Al H   
D-Rock   

Bernie         
D-Rock   
King Hero   
Baab   
Dwarf Car Driver   

Goran         
Gilles27   
Nigel S   
Bartosz   
Hannah   

King Hero         
Karliss   
Ruud   
Burtoner   
Fabio (Il Lupo)   

Nicky         
Nigel S   

King Hero   
Nigel S   

Ruud         
Sharkfin   

Rick   
Pete Maestro   

Ruud   
Rafael Mestdag   

Sam B   

Steve B   

2) Finishing-Meister
Covers ALL drivers at UKGPL, the winner is the one that finishes the most PRO races. End of season award but there will be a mid-season update.

3) Laptime Consistency-Meister
Covers ALL drivers at UKGPL. You need to complete 75% of a race, data lifted from GPLRA and calculated over the season to find the leagues most consistent driver.

4) High Climber-Meister
Same as the above, lifted from GPLRA

Our secret Stat-Meister might also from time to time give random stats eg., in the 3 season history of Novs the winningest chassis so far are BRM (10 wins), BT11 (9), Lotus (5). At the end of the season he (or she), will compile all the stats across divisions for our end of season star-studded, Oscars awards.

Anyway a big hand to our Stat-Meister and good luck...
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:51:14 PM +0000 »

a 'little birdie', who shall remain anonymous

I hate it when people say that!

IT'S NOT ME!

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 04:59:26 PM +0000 »

IT'S NOT ME!

or you could just be saying that ...

john
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:40:34 PM +0000 »

ninja

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:46:12 AM +0000 »

IT'S NOT ME!
or you could just be saying that ...
john
It's not me either  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 01:52:18 PM +0000 »

Well it certainly isn't me!  Grin

If the BT11 is as consistent as I've read then maybe I have a chance at the consistency-meistershaft  Wink
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:56:03 PM +0000 »

Grin
meistershaft/quote]

bloody german language ...

haft = imprisomment

meisters = master`s...

meisterschaft = championship
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:47 PM +0000 »

As Mr Vosblod has indicated, just for fun this season we are running a few unofficial competitions within the regular divisions. The idea is to provide an added dimension of competition, particularly for midfield & lower-placed runners.

Here are the details:

Rookie-Meister

•   Sub-championship for rookie drivers in each division
•   Open to all drivers new to a division this season, but also including those with no more than 5 previous races in that division (career total)
•   New joiners will normally be eligible so rookie numbers may increase during the season

Consistency-Meister

•   Competition to find the division’s most consistent driver
•   Race laptime consistency for every driver in the division kept as a running total for the season
•   Laptime data extracted from GPLRA & scores are then calculated by subtracting the driver’s average laptime deviation from 5 then multiplying that by the number of laps he has completed
•   Note: 5 is just a random whole number. There is a reason for this but trust me it’s just too boring to go into.

Climber-Meister

•   Competition to find the driver who makes up the most places over a season
•   Uses Highest Climber data from GPLRA but once again scores are kept as a running total for the season

Finishing-Meister

•   Competition to find the driver who can simply finish the most PRO races
•   To register a finish, the driver has to cross the start/finish line as the chequered flag is being waved
•   It doesn't matter if you've been lapped. As long as you pass the chequered flag at the end of the race it's a finish.

For an end of season star-studded stat-fest, we aim to compare all the results across divisions to find UKGPL’s Meister of Meisters.

Look out for the Statmeister posts in the race results thread to check your scores.

* Like the Championship Tables, we will be dropping each driver's worst 2 results at the end of the season
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:50:12 PM +0100 by Statmeister » Logged
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:01:54 PM +0100 »

S19 Historics - Statmeister Final Results

A surprising turnaround in the final race meant that King Hiro snatched the Consistency-Meister title from season-long leader Goran Jonsson by just over 1 point.
In the Climber-Meister table Phil Thornton pipped Steve Bird to the title. Impressively neither driver finished below their starting position all season.
Goran Jonsson gets some consolation by beating King Hiro to the Rookie-Meister crown & also shares the Finishing-Meister top prize with Al Heller - both finishing 9 out of the 10 Pro races they entered. Special mention also goes to Phil Thornton who only contested 8 races but was the only driver to get a 100% finishing record.

* dropped scores in dark grey
** all races entered count for finishing-meister - but % of races finished settles tied scores.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:05:57 PM +0100 by Statmeister » Logged
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:32:18 PM +0100 »

S19 Privateers - Statmeister Final Results

Vosblod underlined his title-winning season by claiming both the Consistency-Meister & Finishing-Meister crowns, while Hannah won the Climber-Meister prize & fellow UKGPL debutant Ronnie Peterson took the Rookie award.

** all races entered count for finishing-meister - but % of races finished settles tied scores.
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 05:01:25 PM +0100 »

S19 Works - Statmeister Final Results

Al Heller scored a hat-trick of Statmeister titles in Works, claiming both the Consistency & Finishing awards in addition to the Rookie prize. Steve Bird leap-frogged Phil Thornton in the last race to take the Climber-Meister title.

The Works & Privateers stats are directly comparable & it's interesting to note that although the Works drivers were much more consistent during the early races, the Privateers undoubtedly improved as the season went on.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:49:07 PM +0100 by Statmeister » Logged
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 06:08:36 PM +0100 »

S19 Novices - Statmeister Final Results

Maestro57 might have won the championship, but he was beaten to the Statmeister titles by RogUK who dominated in both the Consistency-Meister & Climber-Meister competitions. Rookie of the season with an impressive 3 wins out of the last 4 races was Gilles27.

** no Finishing-Meister as Novices allows resets
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:59:48 AM +0100 »

The Works & Privateers stats are directly comparable & it's interesting to note that although the Works drivers were much more consistent during the early races, the Privateers undoubtedly improved as the season went on.

Or the Works driver consistency deteriorated near the end, which is definitely what I noticed during races (myself included).  Cheesy

Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:01 AM +0100 »

S19 Amateurs - Statmeister Final Results

S19 champion Full Metal Gasket proved to be the most consistent driver in the season, ahead of Evil Clive & Steve Bird. In addition FMG was the most reliable finisher with a 90% finishing rate (and but for an incident in the closing stages of the last race would have finished all 10 PRO races).

Amateurs Climber-Meister was Bernie Darwin & the Rookie award went to Goran Jonsson.

Beefpie

Hack of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:56 AM +0100 »

Gosh I need to stop falling off the road.

The stats are much appreciated. Smiley

J.Shaw
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com