Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:13:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19N Mexico City: March 30, 2010
March 30, 2010, 09:57:11 PM +0100 - Mexico City (1962-1979) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
D-Rock

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 1:54.588
---
1 39:08.429
---
20 1:55.579
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.924
---
2 +3.911
---
20 1:55.751
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.439
---
3 +9.042
---
20 1:55.650
---
Dunlop  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.806
---
4 +18.176
---
20 1:54.994
---
Dunlop  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +1.435
---
5 (+1) +21.820
---
20 1:56.113
---
Goodyear  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 9 +2.616
---
6 (+2) +41.530
---
20 1:55.788
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 3 +0.963
---
7 (+2) +42.992
---
20 1:56.156
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith

Honda RA272 F1 1965 8 +2.174
---
8 +46.035
---
20 1:55.504
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +3.035
---
9 +1:08.490
---
20 1:58.314
---
Goodyear  
Ross Neilson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +2.707
---
10 +1:18.741
---
20 1:56.366
---
Dunlop  
G Poole
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +4.546
---
11 +1:41.625
---
20 1:56.479
---
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 14 +9.349
---
12 +1L
---
19 1:59.978
---
Dunlop  
James Andrew

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 13 +6.026
---
13 +2L
---
18 2:06.131
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +1.887
---
14 +8L
---
12 1:57.032
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A good season opener with the predictable Turn 1 Lap 1 incident that heralds a new season full of exhuberance.

Tempers and nerves tend to calm a little by race 2 and Mexico has a notorious Turn 1 so hopefully we will see a cleaner opening lap next time out.

People have hopefully picked their chassis wisely as they are now stuck with it for the season, unless I weild my mighty chopper that is.

Server replay time: 0h00m56s

Pete Maestro gets a great start and immediately picks up places on the run down to turn 1.

He cuts across the track slightly which forces NHance into making a little room for him.

Pete's start was so good that the temptation to pick up places immediately was too great to resist but drivers should always be prepared to stay on their own side of the grid approaching T1 Lap1 and be aware of what is around them.

Had NHance not made room this would have been a blatant side by side contact and would have attracted a penalty.

Server replay time: 0h01m10s

Al and NHance compete to enter T1 and HappyAl is simply too late on the brakes. He loses control and veers across the track which places him in front of NHance.

NHance had approached T1 quickly alongside HappyAl but was under control and would have made the corner had HappyAl not halved his braking distance by moving across track.

Although this was a rear end shunt by NHance I think it is HappyAl who caused the incident and gave NHance no chance to avoid him.

Server replay time: 0h01m20s

After recovering from the T1 incident rnielson and fabio enter the chicane together.

RNielson does not seem to realise that fabio is on his right and the two make contact. This slows them both quickly and they get hit from behind by HappyAl.

Both were recovering from the T1 incident and were contesting the corner.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h02m15s

Fabio enters the chicane too quickly and slides across the track hitting jandrews who had slowed to let quicker cars past.

Server replay time: 0h29m54s

P Maestro is lapping JAndrews in the esses but cuts back in too quickly before he is clear and catches JAndrews which spins his own car around. JAndrews continues unaffected.

This is the second time in the race that Pete has moved over towards, or hit somebody, he is passing and in future he should be more aware of when he is past a car and when he is not.

Server replay time: 0h31m50s

Bookie takes a SHIFT R on lap 15 and pits at the end of the lap for his stop n go but takes it in the middle of the pit lane.

Incorrect pitstop.

There are rules for when and where you must take your pit stop and it must be within the pit stalls so as to leave the pit lane clear for other drivers who may need to enter or leave the pit lane. See the rule here

https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/pitstops

At the moderators discretion no penalty is applied as no advantage was gained and the car was stationary for longer than necessary, however, this type of incident will be penalised in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65) - Mexico City - Mar 30  (Read 7007 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:03 PM +0100 »

Season 19 Novices Trophy - Round 1 - Mexico City

Welcome to the seasoner 19 opener for the 65 divisions, in particular the Novices. Round 1 of the new season takes place at the highest circuit of the season in front of the lines of armed police with the dark sunglasses and only white tyres for protection.

Mexico has a very difficult T1 for a full grid, and accidents to the outside or at the chicane tend to come back onto the track because of the barriers and notorious polos. The wide Start Finish straight tempts the unwary into trying to go two or even three abreast but be careful and don't forget that lap 1 incidents attract an extra penalty place.

Tyres are cold at the start, your control will suffer- and if you are on the inside be aware that there may be a car outside you, if on the outside don't get stuck on the armco.   

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left and all drivers should not go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages only including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5.UKGPL
IP Address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race Date = 30-03-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Mexico City
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Long
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

As usual for 65s we are again allocating drivers with a chassis to use throughout the season. The only permitted changes will be those agreed by the moderator. We want to promote good close racing and an exciting Championship so anybody either running away with it or falling behind will be considered for a change of chassis either up or down.

To give drivers some free choice in the chassis they drive for the season we have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Novices are as follows:

NOVICE CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
2 - BT11
3 - Cooper
4 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BT11) but if he would prefer to drive either the Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins this race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The driver seedings are as follows:

NOVICE DRIVERS AND GROUPS
RESERVES
1 karliss
1 Nigel Smith

FULL TIME
3 Roguk
2 Burtoner
2 maestro
1 GPoole
1 Vosblod
1 bookie
1 happyal
1 billy
1 norbert
1 nhance
1 sharkfin
1 il_lupo
1 gilles27
1 D Rock
3 maddog

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL

James Andrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:54:41 PM +0100 »

Well that was a huge annoying mess from my perspective. Apologies to anyone who tripped up overtaking me.

I did a Hispania F1 effort, turning my first wheel during qualifying and tweaking the setup to get a slow but improving performance. What I didn't do, though, was set my practice setup as the race setup. Therefore I got lumbered with the default setup at the start of the race and had full fuel tanks and horrendous gear ratios. The race was a joke and I nearly gave up there and then.

Fortunately, being a little bugger, I decided to continue, reasoning that a) someone might drop out, gifting me points, and b) the mileage on the car would pay dividends in future.

What a dick I am.

James

Think you can predict the real F1 results?
http://tinyurl.com/f1preds
D-Rock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:01:14 PM +0100 »

What a race. Started off by getting the pole by nearly a second. I suspect if I do that a few more times I'll be banned from the Lotus   Wink

Got to turn 1 good and saw cars spinning in my mirrors, luckily it was all behind me. The next 8 laps were uneventful as I held a steady lead of a couple seconds over roguk. On lap 9, I almost spun into the 2nd turn and had to drive over the tires, allowing rog to take the lead and causing my car to pull very slightly to the right. On the next lap, I went slightly wide through the left-hander after the hairpin and barely touched the curb. Luckily, this fixed my steering problem.  Wink

The next several laps were spent following rog to see where he was losing time. At one point I hit a tire on the inside of turn 2 which caused my car to pull again, but not enough to slow me down. Eventually, I got close enough to get a run off of the final turn and took the lead into turn 1. Unfortunately rog then spun in the chicane, otherwise it would have been a damn good battle to the finish. The final 5 laps were then spent driving very conservatively and trying not to throw it away, and this time I didn't.  Smiley

Now it's on to Keimola, which from the few laps I've driven there seems to be a fairly tricky little track.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:09:35 AM +0100 »

Sorry I missed the first race. The cinema with Ally was an offer I couldn't refuse  Roll Eyes
karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:48:56 AM +0100 »

sorry, that i miss a race... had stupid work.
but where i can see race results to compare my laptime with others?
i did in practise 1-57,4... not very fast..
but how GPL rank guys can manage 1-47... i cant understund

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
http://www.karlisvitols.com
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:30:36 AM +0100 »

but how GPL rank guys can manage 1-47... i cant understund

Thats easy, they are aliens and you're just human Wink

happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:30:37 AM +0100 »

Had fun here, I'm very happy that I seem to be in the main group this season, as I spent almost all of last season at the back.

I was surprised to be 3rd on the grid, I didn't seem to be able to hook up a really good lap, but the pole time was beyond my best anyway so I settled for what I had. The race started badly, I got a touch at the first corner and spun, I recovered out of everyones way on the right hand side, and then came accros a car flying in the air. I hit the car and seemed to damage my own car, I took me a while to figure out that there was no power Smiley

After that I was pretty much last and had to come though the field. It was great fun dicing with you guys though the field, I had a small problem that when I got close to someone they would go crazy, all over the place. I think this was my connection, but it ment that if anyone challanged me I didn't fight and let them past, I also got lucky on some of my overtakes, as I don't think I would of been able to fight if there had not been a mistake from the other driver.

It felt pretty good to be racing again, and I was happy that I didn't make any really silly mistakes this time, and I was fairly quick, I didn't get any really clear laps in the race. I think I could of gone a little quicker Smiley I enjoyed this race and I'm looking forward to the next one, see you all again in 2 weeks.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:02:46 PM +0100 »

On chat after race I said Happyal passed me clean as a whistle on the straight to turn 1 but it was Pete who must have rockets attached off the line. Al arrived a bit later, still he got there as soon as he could Wink. . Best leave that to the Mods.

That dropped me to 4th at the end of lap 1 & after that apart from running wide at the first esses & tapping the barrier on turn 1 it was uneventfull for 19 laps. Usually I panic but this time I was cool Cool, even kept the revs down. The gap between me & Pete in 3rd came down to 2 secs but suddenly 1 & then he crashed. Early on I had Norbert close behind but he fell back. The real worry was when Maddog was closing  Roll Eyes.

Its my highest ever placing in my 23rd start. Well done D Rock & what about the speed of the Coopers!.

Norm H
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:18:52 PM +0100 »

Grats to D Rock, good race for me, had good start, after scrap at t1 was in 2nd behind D Rock and stayed there for about 10 when he made a mistake and i went through, held that for about 5 then t1 he was faster and retook lead, this was when i went to pot next turn 1 lost it over polos ended on grass, saw Nhance flash past, could not catch him, lucky to finish 3rd after making mistakes.
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 05:07:01 PM +0100 »

Very happy to qually 4th after coming back from hols and only had a quick practice and warm up for Mexico just before race

What a start  Shocked It just hooked up and flew.
Could not believe 4th to 1st by turn 1. Someone must have slipped me some dodgy fuel
Well done 1st to 3rd for holding their lines and letting me through

In T1 had a little tap from behind under braking, (I think a couple coming together behind me and I was just in the way) hit the armco but came out unscathed but down a couple of places

Held 3rd for a while, and then lost it and spun. Down to 5th

Chased Maddog hard but every time I got close I had some sort of moment that dropped me back

Enjoyable race, see you at the next one

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 06:40:14 PM +0100 »

UKGPL's 4th Novices season kicks off & it's grats to D-Rock who becomes only the 13th winner in its history & makes him one of only 3 people on the current grid to have won a novices race. (that's counting outright wins not class wins from the mixed grid events in case there's any amateur statmeisters out there) 

Anyway just for a bit of fun we are running a few unofficial competitions in all the divisions (more details here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7653.msg135854#msg135854)

And here's the results from Race 1 (subject to race moderation):

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:44:56 PM +0100 by Statmeister » Logged
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 01:02:02 AM +0100 »

My race started several days before lap 1, when I moved house, across the south of England. This meant the reassembly of necessary equipment, establishing an on-line connection and finally, a late championship entry.  A rapid response of moderation - very impressive, slightly depressive - left me in charge of a less rapid Cooper, for the season!  Methinks I've been taking too many of those Australian,"Zoom" pills . . . grumble!

Most of my preparation concerned, keeping the bloomin' thing on the track!  So a 6th on the grid was good.  Then, going into the first corner, I witnessed a catastrophe ahead of me - looked like too many cars in too little space, and generously decided to keep them company!  Rejoined dead last thinking, "Hmm, I wonder if Season 20 will be any better?"  But decided to carry on for England, and Cooper Garages, putting in some fast and also some wayward laps, in no particular order. Until I found myself up in 5th place, and accompanied by a set of overheating tyres. 

I seemed destined to rest uncomfortably on my laurels (I keep them just in case), until Maesros spin left me just ahead, in 4th at half distance.  It became a two man race.  He was faster in a straight line - I was faster through turn 1.  It was a real cat and mouse dual, and possibly why my steering wheel squeaked so much?  We were neck and neck a couple of times, but at the chequers, I was just ahead in 4th.  Nice dice!  Tongue

Looking forward to more of the same - except for the squeaking.
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 07:56:07 AM +0100 »

What a race. Started off by getting the pole by nearly a second. I suspect if I do that a few more times I'll be banned from the Lotus   Wink

Sooner rather than later would be good  Cheesy

Congrats on the win

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 07:38:00 PM +0100 »

Well, Mexico favours a group 1 car but things will be more even at Round 2 so I will assess everybody after that.

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 01:45:32 PM +0100 »

I am modding Novices this season for the first time, and as you may know it is the only division that is not reported incidents only. I will have to look at everybody's race.

Please report any incidents you know about and make my job a little easier.

Thank you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com