Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 11:02:17 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19A Mexico City: March 30, 2010
April 03, 2010, 12:03:02 AM +0100 - Mexico City (1962-1979) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:51.141
100.653mph
1 37:41.636
98.925mph
20 1:52.225
99.680mph
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.597
100.115mph
2 +7.812
98.585mph
20 1:51.731
100.121mph
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.665
100.054mph
3 +14.068
98.314mph
20 1:52.481
99.454mph
Goodyear  
G Jonsson

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +1.292
99.496mph
4 +30.399
97.613mph
20 1:53.189
98.831mph
Goodyear  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.808
99.041mph
5 +31.639
97.560mph
20 1:52.996
99.000mph
Goodyear  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 +2.658
98.302mph
6 +45.242
96.985mph
20 1:53.857
98.252mph
Dunlop  
kinghiro
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 5 +1.746
99.096mph
7 +49.540
96.805mph
20 1:53.562
98.507mph
Dunlop  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 7 +2.140
98.751mph
8 +52.124
96.697mph
20 1:54.002
98.127mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +5.116
96.223mph
9 +56.677
96.507mph
20 1:53.042
98.960mph
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 9 +3.064
97.952mph
10 +1:05.645
96.135mph
20 1:54.185
97.969mph
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +3.532
97.552mph
11 +1:05.911
96.124mph
20 1:54.156
97.994mph
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 +6.600
95.011mph
12 +1L
90.645mph
19 1:56.547
95.984mph
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 +4.039
97.123mph
13 +16L
92.766mph
4 1:56.562
95.972mph
Disco
Dunlop  
2 UKGPL_T7

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 14 14 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Summary

A flag to flag victory for Evil Clive confirming his dominance in qualifying. Tim Muttram battled hard to pick up second place with John Roberts securing the final podium place.

Server replay time: 0h04m39s

Evil Clive – Main Straight – Laps 3, 4 and 5

When trying to make a break at the front of the pack, Evil moves off the racing line and back on again whilst being tailed by John Roberts down the main straight.

The rules clearly state that blocking and weaving is not allowed but the rules do allow a driver to move off the racing line and back on again once per straight section (see the rules on Etiquette and the Penalty Guidelines on Blocking/Weaving). The rules are intended to cater for situations where a driver may be in a position to overtake, they are not intended to apply to situations where a car is a long way back (as a rule of thumb greater than five car lengths would constitute a long way back).

By the letter of the law, Clive did nothing wrong; he only moved off the racing line and back on once, and in all cases the following car was at least five car lengths behind anyway. However weaving in order to break the tow is not a tactic we wish to encourage at UKGPL. Rather than create a rule for this sort of scenario, in the interests of close, safe racing drivers are requested not to weave in order to break a tow. If weaving to break a tow becomes widespread, a rule outlawing it may have to be introduced.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Mexico City - Mar 30  (Read 11425 times)
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:02:45 PM +0100 »

Grin Cheesy Smiley
First of all big congrats to Clive ,Tim , John  and Göran  and all !!

my first time doing an real online race with a BT11 under pro rules .
can say I really start do like that car and for now I am lucky I did not choose BRM instead .

well , qually went pretty ok , was a bit too nervous to take my chances as I was in tow of Clive one lap .
But anyroads the car felt nice and so I was very pleased with being 6th on the grid .
Did had a lucky start  and turned  into T1 on  P5. As Tim slightly hits the armco the whole leading package seams to slow down and  so I did either , still facing my nose into Clutch`s gearbox . Unfortunately Rye got the imagination it would be a good moment to overtake . Cant say I am lucky with that , however my replay shows his car hits the inner tyre/curbs , went right then and sent me out . back to track and P12 then .
Took me up to Lap8 to recover my P6 . as the car still was fantastic to drive and the engine still accept my aggressive style ( to my surprising ) I was lucky to fight for P4 in the end .
But Göran did an brilliant job the last two remaining laps  and kept me save behind. Well done !
All in all , to me an great thrilling race , tremendous fun . Like to give compliment to all those let my overtaking being save and clean . thx for that .
Al , I hope there will be a track fits more to the BRM as Mexico did .
And I hope too Hristo will be able to join all upcoming races . its a pitty if someone cant race coz off unexpected internet thinghie trouble .

edit .

Wink maybe we can act like the actual F1 drivers do , when it came up to beahviour on a straight :

only one change left or right .
thats an agreement they made . at least to safe lifes !!!
nothing a simracer had to be afraid off  Grin but it makes simracing more enjoyable.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:52 PM +0100 »

Ah, good to know that harmony between UKGPL drivers reigns supreme.....

Grats Clive on a win in that green thing. It will be tamed eventually, but it does need a good kick up the rear end at certain tracks.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:32 PM +0100 »

JR, it's amusing you complain of dirty driving when I've even lost count of how many times you hit me or blocked me in Qualifying and attempted to do so in races just for me to recognize on time and avoid collision...

I suggest you look at your own driving before you comment on others. As far as I'm concerned Evil is a much cleaner and conscious driver than you and the history and stats of accidents in previous seasons proves it.

why don't you shut up like Phil said ?

john

Start with yourself before you tell others.

john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 09:55:38 PM +0100 »

JR, it's amusing you complain of dirty driving when I've even lost count of how many times you hit me or blocked me in Qualifying and attempted to do so in races just for me to recognize on time and avoid collision...

I suggest you look at your own driving before you comment on others. As far as I'm concerned Evil is a much cleaner and conscious driver than you and the history and stats of accidents in previous seasons proves it.

john

stop moaning and grow up .

john
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:04 PM +0100 »

Nicky Ickx, sorry if I hit you. My replay doesn't show any contact though, maybe it was warp. I consider myself to be a clean racer, but if I made a mistake then sorry for that and I shall file an incident report so that the moderators can judge.

Anyway, looks like we've got an old fashioned Senna - Prost disagreement up the front there.

Ryeman 

Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:47:59 PM +0100 »

Damage limitation at Mexico, a track i hate.

Finished 6th and that'll do me. Made up a few places off the line, then held it steady trying to lap in the 1:54's and 53's. Ickx caught and passed me quiet easily after I found Neutral on my H Shifter which allowed him to close and pass, though i didn't have the pace to stay with him anyway.

Compared to last season i thought the Driving was pretty good in the Ams today. No one 'went for it' at the beginning too much and the race was allowed to develop.

Personally i thought the race length was about right, so am dreading the increase to 50 minutes. As this race proved, everything was done and dusted pretty much after 35+ minutes of racing with everyone finding their pace and position and a stalemate situation, so adding another 15 minutes seems pointless. The Pro Damage sets the Ams apart in my opinion, not the race length. However, each to their own.  Wink

I also love the Itchov / John Roberts sniping (Seriously!). Its like proper F1. Both are very fast Drivers, so its a bit like Prost and Senna trading insults in the media. In my opinion it spices up the league, so i'll look forward to more grudge battle racing as they disappear out of my site after lap 1. I know this was the era of gentlemen racers, but sod it, there's nothing wrong with a bit of needle. I love it.  Smiley
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 12:46:34 AM +0100 »

john

john

Who's moaning? You could've kept it private and file a protest but you had to open your mouth and put your ridiculous blames against Evil in here when your own driving needs to be looked at in the first place.

Seriously, if you think your frustration from losing to someone in a race goes unnoticed, you're wrong. Worse is, you transfer it over to future races and even seasons. It's called being a sore looser.

Be careful what you do on the road because I can easily become very nitpicking and find numerous infractions to protest against you in just about each race, because I've just been getting over most of what you do until now and letting it go.

john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 12:51:24 AM +0100 »

john

john

Who's moaning? You could've kept it private and file a protest but you had to open your mouth and put your ridiculous blames against Evil in here when your own driving needs to be looked at in the first place.

Seriously, if you think your frustration from losing to someone in a race goes unnoticed, you're wrong. Worse is, you transfer it over to future races and even seasons. It's called being a sore looser.

Be careful what you do on the road because I can easily become very nitpicking and find numerous infractions to protest against you in just about each race, because I've just been getting over most of what you do until now and letting it go.

HAHAHAHAHA so funny .. you almost got me there thinking you were serious and then I noticed the date , your a tease you are .

you won't catch me out on your April fools jokes !

who says you a arrogant self-centred egotist without a sense of humour hasn't read this post .

john   
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:11:13 AM +0100 »

Well, April 1 or not this is a regular race repport.

First, Grats to Clive and the rest of the podium.

I was a bit surprised to get p4 on the grid even if I used a pb lap to do it. And not much really happend after that, I finished p4 too and most of the time I just drove lap after lap in my own pace. But I had one problem and that was tire temperatures especially left front so I had to take it easy not really push so much and when Nicky got pass clutch4 he got closer and closer and me getting worried. So this time I was glad that the race was only 37 minutes, had it been 50 I am sure Nicky would have found a way to pass me.

Anyway I am pleased with my first race in the Ams and looking forward to the rest, see you.

Göran

PS. I am still puzzled about letting really fast drivers like the podium guys race the BT11 and call it handicap.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 09:34:34 AM +0100 »

Hristo, John.

I suggest that both of you submit an incident report and let the moderators handle it.

Goran, Tim and Clive both had the Honda last year and both were getting rather good in it. BT11 is a good car but it takes a lot to get the best out of it.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:25 AM +0100 »

Please guys lets just cool it. 

I'm not going to comment here in the public forum, as I think this is something for the moderators to rule on and I will accept their judgement.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 07:36:25 PM +0100 »

We will look at chassis allocations because something must be wrong if Evil wins a race. Shocked

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 07:44:55 PM +0100 »

May as well get a report in while I have the chance...

Was very pleased with the pace I found in the BT11, what it lacks in power it seemed to more than make up for in grip - an attribute neither myself nor Clive were accustomed too!
Got down to business in practice and quickly put John on pole! Wink hammer
Got back out there and started work again, first I got what should have been 2nd thanks to a bit of drafting only to find Evil had done a stormer infront and relegated me to 3rd instead!
2 laps later I managed to chop another few tenths off that time without the help of a draft and got my final best lap and a P2 on the grid.

Got an everso slight jump on Evil off the line which put me on his outside approaching T1, not intending on doing anything silly and noteing JR leaving a sensble amount of space for me to slither about in I decided to stay wide and follow Evil in hanging just off and outside his rear wheel - trouble is I overestimated the cold grip of the Brab when not under power and slid gently up into the armco  Roll Eyes
As it was lap 1 I made no effort to get back down and just coasted along the barriers hoping it'd keep me out of the way - on reaching the chicane a quick cut across the grass kept me out of the pack's way and dropped me to 4th behind Goran who didn't seem keen on letting me past  Wink

After a lap or 2 I managed to make a solid pass on Goran and set about chasing Evil and JR down, for the first 4 laps or so they were close enough to slow each other so I made visible gains - then Clive broke away and started to hold me level/possibly pull slightly each lap as my setup wasn't quite up to temp yet!

I caught JR only to perform an un-forced pirouette in T1 while hanging off his gearbox - didn't hit anything and either recovered incredibly fast or was fortunate enough to have John mess the chicane up good and proper as I'd only lost about 100 yards to him by the end of the next straight.
A couple more laps and I caught him a second time - it wasn't going to be easy as John seemed to have the slight advantage on the run from the hairpin up until about the 4th ess after which I seemed able to carry more speed in the faster turns. Obviously our top speeds were identical without drafting getting involved.
Using my slight speed advantage off the final turn to it's full I got a run on John down the straight good enough that he couldn't really fight back without major risk at T1.
I managed to keep him far enough away in the esses to pull ahead abit in the final few corners before the S/F straight which ment he could only make up distance on me along the straight but not get close enough to threaten - a particarily brave (I'm not allowed to say Banzai! anymore Sad )attempt at T1 payed off and put me even further ahead, which gave me enough distance to effectively brake his draft by the end of the lap.

From there on it was just a mental slog as I worked to keep my lines as tidy and fast as possible with an increasingly skittish BT11 under me, even taking into account clive's slowing in the final section of the race I don;t think I could even have caught in the old style 50odd minute races - and all down to that T1 mistake at the start :'(

All in all possibly my first ever enjoyable race at Mexico so congrats to all!  Grin
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:31 PM +0100 »

Cheesy
Nicky Ickx, sorry if I hit you. My replay doesn't show any contact though, maybe it was warp. I consider myself to be a clean racer, but if I made a mistake then sorry for that and I shall file an incident report so that the moderators can judge.

np Rye , off course I do know you are a clean racer , no doubt .
thats why I only said that I am not lucky with that .
still to me a slightly to ambitious action considering there was a sort of accident ( FMG hitting the armco ) in front of us all . T1 peace agreement ....
btw to me that section ( inner curbs of T1 exit  ) is sort of warpy to me even offline ......
well from my side , I count it as a simple race incident , noo need to be worked on by admin..

cheers
NickyIckx
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:32 PM +0100 »

Not sure what happened to my inauspicious Amatures debut , combination of an unfamiliar car , (not sure if the Lotus was the right choice)  and a shortage of wheel time but I understeered right into a brick wall at the kink before the hairpin when trying to defend my next to last place  Smiley

I think I got me feet mixed up and stood on the gas instead of the brake , or was it both pedals at once , not sure but the end result was a Lotus 3 wheeler 33  Roll Eyes

How you guys are getting those brabs and brm's into the 51's is beyond me , I was way off the mark , maybe its a combination of my driving talent and the Mexican food , will stay off the jumping beans next time  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com