Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 08:31:21 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44 Silverstone (GP 19…
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19Gr Monaco: April 11, 2010
April 12, 2010, 12:41:14 PM +0100 - Monaco (1929-71) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Graduates Cup (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 4 +2.285
79.767mph
1 50:50.789
78.419mph
34 1:28.022
79.940mph
Firestone  
john roberts

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +3.403
78.769mph
2 +18.033
77.958mph
34 1:28.316
79.674mph
Firestone  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 3 +2.017
80.010mph
3 +29.759
77.662mph
34 1:28.265
79.720mph
Firestone  
Baab

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 11 +6.042
76.508mph
4 +1L
75.118mph
33 1:27.302
80.599mph
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +1.006
80.941mph
5 +2L
79.093mph
32 1:26.713
81.147mph
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 13 +8.295
74.679mph
6 +15L
69.050mph
19 1:34.950
74.107mph
accident
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 14 +12.846
71.238mph
7 +21L
68.243mph
13 1:38.759
71.249mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Rick Nauman

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 6 +2.640
79.447mph
8 +25L
77.108mph
9 1:28.522
79.489mph
Disco
Firestone  
kinghiro
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 9 +3.563
78.628mph
9 +27L
71.196mph
7 1:32.842
75.790mph
Disco
Goodyear  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 10 +5.471
76.986mph
10 +0.525
71.142mph
7 1:33.124
75.560mph
accident
Firestone  
hannah

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 15 +52.712
50.754mph
11 +2:08.165
60.068mph
7 1:47.673
65.351mph
Disco
Firestone  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:25.928
81.888mph
12 +30L
80.282mph
4 1:26.744
81.118mph
Disco
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +2.446
79.622mph
13 +10.400
77.969mph
4 1:28.907
79.144mph
accident
Firestone  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +3.536
78.652mph
14 +32.025
73.562mph
4 1:32.545
76.033mph
accident
Firestone  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 12 +7.576
75.253mph
15 +34L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
2 UKGPL_T7

BRM P115 F1 1967 16 16 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

A win by Evil in an eventful race. The combination of slow and fast drivers mixed in with Monaco did cause problems.
Whilst we want to encourage everyone to take part, the 67's take some mastering, so for those not confident to jump into these beasts yet we reccomend trying the 65 Novices first.
Also, if you feel warp is an issue, and it is not clearly shown on the server please submit a clip of your client replay when reporting incidents. Without a clip we can only view the server replay and use that.

Server replay time: 0h09m30s

A gaggle of drivers (King Hero, Steve B and Bob W) were following the slower Hannah.
Bob rear ends Steve at a corner. The server does not show any warp and, in the absence of a client replay, this is discounted. It is appreciated the snake was very slow hence we can reduce the penalty to a warning, nevertheless Bob should have taken extra care bearing in mind the concertina effect.

Server replay time: 0h12m24s

Having passed Hannah when the driver span Steve B is following King Hero.
Steve then rear ends Tom. This would normally incur a place penalty however Steve's apology is taken into account and the fact that Tom was much slower at this point then on previous laps (85 v 100+ mph) which Steve could not expect.

Server replay time: 0h23m09s

Warp incident involving Bob and Billy. No one at fault.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Graduates Cup (67) - Monaco (1929-71) - Apr 11  (Read 9774 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 06:37:40 PM +0100 »

Yes I agree Steve, it is our "system" of introducing new blood that we need to address not the lack of experience of the newbie, as I'm sure that they are doing the best that they can. Monaco was one circuit where I would not have wanted to make my 67 debut for sure  Roll Eyes

As for  novice and amateur servers in 67, that would be ideal, BUT only if there are sufficient numbers in each class to produce reasonable grids.

Unfortunately the reason why we have a single 67 race, is because numbers for 67 races dropped to a level where 2 races of 4 or 5 drivers was just no fun for anyone. However if we could get enough interest to generate two grids of 10 drivers then .... who knows??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 07:05:15 PM +0100 »

I too feel a bit sorry for our new member.  Perhaps a little more advice and guidance and a little less criticism may help our newer drivers.  It's not the easiest thing to drive after all, and very bloody daunting the first online races.  I still get nervous after few years of doing this.

Nobody criticized anyone before the race, but I will not spare criticism against the new driver or the management. It ruined my race without any fault on my side and was something that could have been easily avoided had more consideration been done not to run a merged field at Monaco nor let the driver debut at Monaco.

What's the point of preparing and turning up for races when you (and others, potentially) are taken out like this and it affects your whole Championship. I didn't join the Graduates division to race with newbies who don't even use their mirrors...

I still hope the mods would consider a rerun.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 07:09:27 PM +0100 »

I've no wish to anticipate the moderator's review of the two Hs incident but in HH's defence and having watched the replay several times I have to say that blame for the incident does not seem to be entirely one sided. As has been said many times, the most important element of safe overtaking is patience and choosing the right moment.

If you really watched the replay you'll see me stepping totally on the brakes to come down to the backmarker's speed, which was nearly half the speed at which you'd usually go through at this part of the track (the run up from T1 to T2). Not only that, but I cruised behind, showed myself on the right side, and was hoping he/she would've seen me by then.

Only someone who doesn't use their mirrors, doesn't listen to engine noise and doesn't pay attention to blue flags (he/she got at least 1) wouldn't have seen me. That's why I went, carefully, on his/her ride side, but he/she just turned right over the crest and sent me into the barrier which ripped my wheel off.

Sorry, but I don't expect and I'm not going to cruise at half speed for half a lap just because someone has zero experienced in GPL and doesn't use their mirrors. Is this Graduates division or what?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:11:49 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:06 PM +0100 »

I too feel a bit sorry for our new member.  Perhaps a little more advice and guidance and a little less criticism may help our newer drivers.  It's not the easiest thing to drive after all, and very bloody daunting the first online races.  I still get nervous after few years of doing this.

Nobody criticized anyone before the race, but I will not spare criticism against the new driver or the management. It ruined my race without any fault on my side and was something that could have been easily avoided had more consideration been done not to run a merged field at Monaco nor let the driver debut at Monaco.

What's the point of preparing and turning up for races when you (and others, potentially) are taken out like this and it affects your whole Championship. I didn't join the Graduates division to race with newbies who don't even use their mirrors...

I still hope the mods would consider a rerun.

I agree H, it is frustrating, and especially so to you fast boys!  However, I don't think it could have been predicted to the degree that the lack of speed and newbie ability would affect this race.  I'm sure the mods will review, react and advise on the best way forward in due course.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

It's not the first as sure as heck wont be the last time a back marker has decided a championship.  I think you of all people can turn it around and make best of the challenge this can now present in the remainder of the season. It might even be fun! Thanks heavens it wasn't the deciding race.

Has anyone PM'd Hannah with a suggestion of joining Nov's?  Joining a UKGPL pick-up race to gain some experience? The poor guy/girl may now be scared to come back and not know where to turn next.  I'll be more than happy to try and help where I can with my limited knowledge of driving and vast experience of being lapped!  At risk of treading on toes I'll send a quick note now, but they perhaps could do with more sound advise and guidance from the more GPL educated amongst us.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 08:11:25 PM +0100 »

For the record there were only 4 privateers so it was MY decision to run a single grid so please don't criticise the new driver; it was not his fault.  Anyway we always intended to run one grid if the numbers were low that is why both races are the same length and both are PRO rules.  Everyone knew that at the start of the season.  We normally assess new drivers and advise those without much on-line experience to enter the Novices.  Unfortunately in this case it doesn't appear to have happened.  I need to check with Vos (he is running the division but isn't back from hols until the 18th) to find out if Hannah was checked out before the start of the season.  I didn't know anything about Hannah before last night.

One thing is for sure, there couldn't have been a worse race to make a GPL debut.  PRO rules at Monaco in the 67s with Aliens at every turn must be the hardest race there is.  

Please submit incident reports as you see fit but please no more newbie bashing; it was my decision - complaints to me please.

Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:36 PM +0100 »

Well I don't think that this race should be rerun, just because few drivers were unlucky to crash because of one backmarker.

I do think that something should be done to prevent this kind of situations. My proposal is that every new driver should be tested by one of mods, or other driver elected by the mods. During this test our new driver needs to prove that he/she is able to drive safely in the race.

Hristo, I know that you're quite frustrated, but please next time when something bad happens to you remamber this:

As a general rule, chat is not allowed during league races, except after all drivers on track have passed the chequered flag. This applies to both qualification and race sessions.

Your's moaning about rerun was very distracting, and few seconds later I had no wheel. I'm not saying that it was your's fault, but please next time just shut up.

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:04 PM +0100 »

Mixed grids is a bit of a dilemma.
I would much rather run on a split grid where the racing is more evenly matched and the faster guys don’t have to trip over backmarkers.
Nevertheless the simple fact is 29 drivers are signed up for the 67’s but there were 15 on the starting grid at Monaco. (This may be partly due to assorted holidays and injuries and also that Monaco is a rather challenging track ). We do however need to encourage both new drivers and those drivers that are on the books to turn up and race. If the 67 league becomes to elitist it will dwindle to nonexistence.
Peter suggests a '67 Novices grid with Shift R ~ perhaps something to think about.

For my own race I’ve spent a couple of weeks trying to find a set up that was reasonably controllable. Managed to get a 1.33 lap on Saturday which didn’t seem too bad (if you ignore Hristo  / FMG in the 1 min 25S / 26’s). Was half expecting several absences so just crossing the start line would be worth a few points in the Privateers.   

Tried to allow plenty of room for the fast chaps to pass me easily – points wise we were in a different race. Only gripe I do have is with Bob Whitwell where his overtakes were (in my opinion) rather rash and & in the wrong places. Going into the hairpin at Virage and a few laps later in Tabac. I would have happily let him by on the straights. First incident I got clipped and span – it’s a nasty place to do a 3 point turn with one eye on Prib hoping nobody else would be coming round the corner at speed. Anyhow I’ll have a look at the replay before putting in a report.

Managed 20 laps before coming to grief into the chicane. Should have exited the race immediately but took me a short while to do the “oh bugger” and then confirm I really had lost a wheel rather than for it to miraculously reappear from the hay bales. (That doesn’t happen on Pro settings).

Thought I’d take the master class and watch FMG for the last few laps. Looked like a first race win for Black Night Racing was on the cards until his engine blew in the tunnel. Technically I did win the Privateers but coming fist out of four doesn't feel much like a victory.
Bad luck FMG and well done to the finishers – 34 laps at Monaco is a real challenge. 

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 09:55:15 PM +0100 »

Well I don't think that this race should be rerun, just because few drivers were unlucky to crash because of one backmarker.

I do think that something should be done to prevent this kind of situations. My proposal is that every new driver should be tested by one of mods, or other driver elected by the mods. During this test our new driver needs to prove that he/she is able to drive safely in the race.

Hristo, I know that you're quite frustrated, but please next time when something bad happens to you remamber this:

As a general rule, chat is not allowed during league races, except after all drivers on track have passed the chequered flag. This applies to both qualification and race sessions.

Your's moaning about rerun was very distracting, and few seconds later I had no wheel. I'm not saying that it was your's fault, but please next time just shut up.

Sorry for the chat, I reacted emotionally out of frustration. It's still bothering me and I hope the administration learns a good lesson from this fiasco.

kinghiro

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 12:54:21 AM +0100 »

I there a practice server available?  It would be very useful to practice race against humans.
I agree... an idling practiceserver for upcoming race if thats possible.I would go there instead of practice offline and then maybe someone else show up too Smiley.gplracer seem to have one up at all times...   Roll Eyes
Rick Nauman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 01:58:39 AM +0100 »

I've no wish to anticipate the moderator's review of the two Hs incident but in HH's defence and having watched the replay several times I have to say that blame for the incident does not seem to be entirely one sided. As has been said many times, the most important element of safe overtaking is patience and choosing the right moment.

If you're talking about me I take issue with your judgment that I was impatient.  Like Hristo I slowed tremendously after being jinked going up the hill.  Silly me, I assumed a blue flagged back marker was letting me by at an obviously good place to make that happen.  But I wisely refrained from attempting that pass and followed HH right up to the Massenet curve where he clipped the curb and checked-up to a near stop with me 15ft from his tail pipes.  You have to remember I had no idea just how much he was struggling to simply drive the car.  I didn't have any idea who he was or how bad his skills were.  I've made lots of passes around back markers (and have been the back marker many many times) but this was no ordinary back marker!  And don't forget there were guys chasing me.

So, OK, it's not totally his fault for being in a race he should not have been in.  But at some point he should have deduced how much trouble he was having and causing and just decided to give it up.  The fact that he didn't tells me it was possibly his first ever online race and he thought it was all just for casual fun.

...so please don't criticise the new driver; it was not his fault.

So is it safe to assume HH's gender is male?  Not that it matters but it would be nice to know which pronoun to use.

Though it may not seem like it here... I'm really over this.  Looking forward to Donington where I will be driving from a hotel room if I make it at all.  That's another reason some mid-week practice races would be useful.  I'd like to know if my connection is going to be adequate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:07:20 AM +0100 by Rick Nauman » Logged
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:58 AM +0100 »

I did win the Privateers

Congrats on the win Bill. thumbup1

In Privateers you in 2nd place and Black Night Racing holding First place in the series.

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
Michael Turner

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:33 AM +0100 »

If you're talking about me I take issue with your judgment that I was impatient.  

I was referring just to the HI incident that started this particular ball rolling and the fact that HH seems to be trying to follow the racing line (as marked on the track) which on this particular stretch moves from side to side.

Anyway, I hope that HH isn't put off by all these comments, gets in plenty of practise over the next fortnight and joins us at Donington.
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 01:29:21 PM +0100 »

Allow me to distract you from the serious debate with some more of my pointless stats.

For this week's random stat, we looked at which active Grads driver gave the best 'bang-for-buck' last season or to put it another way, who got the best points return for the least token spend?   

Onto the latest Monaco race & another poor turnout from the Privateers means the Rookie competition will have to wait until we get some more entries. None of the Privateers made it to the finish, however both Billy Nobrakes & Bookie still managed climbs of 7 places from their starting slots. Here's the updated tables for the Privateers

In the Works results, race winner Evil Clive also took the Monaco consistency prize with an average deviation of 0.720 over 34 laps (ave laptime 1:29.729) while Full Metal Gasket did enough to move to the top of the leaderboard. Incidentally a perfect score for this race would have been 170 (that would be the score for 0.00 deviation in laptime over 34 laps) so considering the traffic-congestion of Monaco Evil Clive's 145 points was impressive.

Baab claimed the high-climber award after making up 7 places on his starting position & also climbs to the head of both that table & the Rookie competition.

N.B. a consistency score of 0.00 means that a driver was outside the 5 second average lap deviation cutoff - details of how this all works here
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:33:37 PM +0100 by Statmeister » Logged
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 03:16:12 PM +0100 »

Thanks Statmeister. Can't make my mind up if the data irrelevant or fascinatining but, as you say,  a bit of light relief from the fall out of Hurricance Hannah.
If I send you the data for the Spec Race comparisons can you publish in one of your fancy tables?
... Billy

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:36 PM +0100 »

Thanks Statmeister. Can't make my mind up if the data irrelevant or fascinatining but, as you say,  a bit of light relief from the fall out of Hurricance Hannah.
If I send you the data for the Spec Race comparisons can you publish in one of your fancy tables?
... Billy

Haven't I got enough tables to post already!?

I'm sure we can come to some agreement (if the price is right). I'll email you Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com