by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:35:59 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i2i Charlotte: April 20, 2010
April 20, 2010, 10:07:30 AM +0100 - Charlotte (Oval) - iRacing Season 2 IndyCar - @iRacing.com
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Led Best Retirement
reason
Incidents
Paul Richards
 Legends Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 1 23.960
225.007mph
1 30:48.225
218.771mph
75 72 23.825
226.282mph
Firestone  
Bernie Lomax
 Legends Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 4 +0.403
221.285mph
2 +3.556
218.350mph
75 3 23.785
226.662mph
Firestone  
popabawa
 Legends Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 2 +0.109
223.988mph
3 +18.901
216.556mph
75   23.792
226.596mph
Firestone 2
Dan Minton
 Team RVS
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 7 +0.615
219.376mph
4 +1L 74   23.806
226.462mph
Firestone 4
Blunder
 Team Oldie Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 3 +0.325
221.996mph
5 +5L 70   23.714
227.341mph
Firestone 4
purdie
 Legends Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 6 +0.571
219.769mph
6 +43L 32   24.595
219.198mph
Firestone 3
Darren Seal
 Legends Racing
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 5 +0.563
219.841mph
7 +48L 27   23.660
227.860mph
Firestone 2
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Dallara IndyCar (#36) ChampCar 8 8 +75L 0   ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
iRacing
ChampCar
225.007mph
Paul Richards
Qualifying
Dallara IndyCarApril 20, 2010, 10:07:30 AM +0100
i2i
iRacing
ChampCar
227.860mph
Darren Seal
Race
Dallara IndyCarApril 20, 2010, 10:07:30 AM +0100
i2i
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing Season 2 IndyCar - Charlotte (Oval) - Apr 20  (Read 18198 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 09:01:25 PM +0100 »

...and that was just behind the safety car  Grin
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:44 PM +0100 »

Anyone up for some Mazda practice at Barber?

I'll be kicking around the practice servers.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 09:19:50 PM +0100 »

Read my lips - NO YELLOWS!

Legends Racing simracing team
Bernie Lomax

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25:47 PM +0100 »

Great effort to go green the whole race,  Kiss
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 09:43:48 PM +0100 »

Read my lips - NO YELLOWS!

Glad I logged in momentarily before going off to do a few laps of Jetta practice and then falling asleep - sealed 3rd in the championship. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dan Minton

http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryLinton

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:24 PM +0100 »

Really enjoyed that , Had some great nose to tail battles with Martin, Darren and Pops at 215mph .   Shame i finished a lap down but awesome fun none the less.

Well done to Paul on a deserved championship , the best championship ive raced in.

Thanks to Pops for the orginisation.
Dan Minton

http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryLinton

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 09:47:02 PM +0100 »

Glad I logged in momentarily before going off to do a few laps of Jetta practice and then falling asleep - sealed 3rd in the championship. Cheesy

LOL ....as if you didnt know.  Wink Tongue
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 09:48:54 PM +0100 »

If you ignore your own rules that is.  Kiss

Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:27 PM +0100 »

If you ignore your own rules that is.  Kiss

pwned  Wink Kiss
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 09:59:51 PM +0100 »

LOL ....as if you didnt know.  Wink Tongue

Seriously, I didn't. If I'd thought about it I'd have logged back into the server after my Jetta practice just in case (I had only really planned to start and park after a couple laps anyway), but I was so tired it just didn't occur to me.

Feel free to exclude me in the moderators report. (EDIT: if you do it, change my laps count in LM2i from 0 to blank, don't use the court system.) TBH I wouldn't have even contemplated turning up if I wasn't in a completely undeserved 3rd place, and given that only 7 cars started the final race will have skewed the championship a fair bit.

Well done to Paul and Dan for 1st and 2nd, good to see the only consistently good finishers get their just rewards. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:10:55 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:14 PM +0100 »

Sorry I missed this, domestics got in the way again.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 11:54:00 PM +0100 »

I probably would have attended but the offer to go watch Bath Rugby won out comfortably and a great game it was too. Very tense at the end with Bath winning by a single point.

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 06:30:56 AM +0100 »

That was just brilliant!
I took it a little too steady in the first few laps but hey!
Had a great middle section with Dan and Darren, swapping places lap after lap, really good fun!
I unfortunately kissed a barrier by the slightest amount but the car was damaged, went back to the pits, sped in the pit lane! hit shift R and basically made a complete cod of it !
Came out of the pits way down!
Sorry for the incident on the start of the last lap Dan, I hung back for ages not wanting to get in the way of your battle with Pops but you ran wide at that point and I sneaked up the inside and there wasn't much room! Couldn't decide if you and pops were onthe same lap!
Sorry buddy!

Fantastic fun race guys and a great season Pops.

Really enjoyed it, feel like I'm slowly getting a feel for the Dallara and am gutted we are not running it next season  :'(

Thanks for all your hard work Pops!

Looking forward to S3

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 07:41:21 AM +0100 »

I enjoyed the race although it was largely a parade following Paul!

Pleased to grab 2nd in qualifying but I *hate* being on the outside at the start and somewhat predictably Martin easily took the place off me. Fortunately he was being a little too careful and I grabbed it back out of T2.

Paul was already up by a couple of seconds by this point so I needed Bernie to catch me to get a draft so we could haul him in. Even then it took 20 laps or so!

When Bernie caught me it became apparent I hadn't given myself enough gearing as I was hitting the limiter about 3/4 of the way down the back straight so as soon as Bernie got a run on me there was little I could do about it.

We were about 10s up on the rest of the drivers by now and it looked like we'd go green for a good long stretch so I thought I'd just hang onto the back of Bernie & Paul and see what happened at the pit-stop.

What happened is that I made a right mess of it, spinning onto the track from under the apron in T4. Luckily no-one was near.

That dropped me off from Bernie & Paul and allowed Dan to catch, forcing me to furiously defend until he sadly had contact with Martin.

Not a big field but I'll take the podium and a Legends 1-2-3 is a beautiful sight to behold Cheesy Well done to Bernie on the 2nd spot.

I'm a bit sad that that's probably the last oval race we'll do but I guess the numbers tell me it really isn't an option if we want to maximise participation.

Congratulations to Paul on a great season and a deserved win. Also big credit to Dan who drove brilliantly this season, taking a driver of Paul's ability all the way to the last race is something to be proud of in itself.
And well done to Dave/me (* delete as appropriate) on 3rd, you/I did really well too Smiley

Nice team title for the Legends,  put us in a fast car and we know what to do (Let Paul handle it Wink)

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 11:08:49 AM +0100 »

Was good fun that. Always had one eye on Dan for the championship and worked out that I needed a 5th minimum to clinch it if Dan won. I know Dan has limited experience on the ovals compared to myself but the way he has driven this season I never ruled him out of winning the race even with Pops and Bernie also being very strong as well.

Used the same setup as the pratice race which was tricky in the first few laps but great there onwards. So as part of testing it to check it still worked ok I praticed the first 4 tricky laps and a green flag pit entries both of which had potential to gain me a few spots if needed.

Qual went well. I made a slight mistake and lost a few hundreths and expected pops to pip me but he didnt and it was good enough for pole just. Got a good start and my pre race practice paid off and although I had to lift for the first few laps I was able to get quite near the limit. This gave me a bit of a lead. Pops and Bernie were soon catching but they had seperated from Dan and the others which played into my hands a bit. I had good pace on my own so the setup was working well. As soon as they caught me we had about 7 secs on the field and together we were then doing constant 23.8s increasing the gap further staying in line. Being at the front and burning fuel at max rate I was always going to have to pit first and came in a lap or two before bernie and pops. My pit entry practice paid dividends although I added too much fuel! Pops had a minor hiccup entering the pits and bernie came out just as I was crossing the start finish line. I already being up to speed was able to pass bernie and having two more laps of tyre warming i ended up with enough of gap to break the draft and was able to bring it home for the win.

Congrats to Bernie and Pops for their good races and Dan for 4th with his relative inexperience on the ovals.

Well done to Dan again on a great season. With the DWC I have quite a bit of experience with the Dallara but Dan drove so well all season I couldn't ever relax right up until the final chequered flag. He was very tough to beat and if the season started again now it would be even harder still. Congrats to Pops\Dave on strong seasons too and the rest of the Legends on bringing home the team championship also.

Was hoping to not have to run the forthcoming Pro season (I qualify as part of the DWC) by doing well enough in the DWC to get in again automatically. Thats not going to well at the moment with a lap one crash a missed race and an DNQ on Saturday in 3 of my last 4 races. Having to run the Pro and the DWC back to back (and poss the Oval Pro if I keep my license which would be a surprise as I havent done any official races for ages) may leave me short of time but hopefully will be able to compete in the upper series here next season. Doing both though like the second half of this season just wont be possible I think.

Thanks to Pops for for organising and Dave and all for all the work they do here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: