Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 04:26:31 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car change mid-season  (Read 1195 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:17:39 PM +0100 »

I believe that in some GTR series you stick with one car throughout the season. But are you allowed to switch cars and if you are is there a penalty?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:22:35 PM +0100 »

I believe that in some GTR series you stick with one car throughout the season. But are you allowed to switch cars and if you are is there a penalty?

The "scoring" link in the championship tables tells you if there are a limited number of car changes, and what the penalty is if you exceed it.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:34 PM +0100 »

OK, so there is a penalty (20%) but is that a deduction from points already scored, or a penalty on all points scored with your new car?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:53:47 PM +0100 »

That penalty is for the first race with the new car only and applies to any points scored. What also helps is that the cars are pretty equal and people pick cars they enjoy driving. I wouldn't say the penalty stops people per say, the aliens at the front tend to change quite frequently.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:22 PM +0100 »

You are allowed to change car once only during a season without penalty. If you change car more than once, you will be penalised 20% of the points scored for your first race in that car. Subsequent races will not incurr a penalty as long as you continue to use that car. If you change again, or even go back to a previous car, you will again incurr the one race 20% points penalty.

Edit: or in other words, just like spanner said Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:03:12 PM +0100 »

Thanks Guys

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com