Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 11:14:21 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19N Keimola: April 20, 2010
April 20, 2010, 09:46:20 PM +0100 - Keimola - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.241
---
1 40:05.754
---
29 1:22.099
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.687
---
2 +10.154
---
29 1:22.072
---
Dunlop  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.805
---
3 +21.979
---
29 1:21.536
---
Dunlop  
D-Rock

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +1.675
---
4 +47.138
---
29 1:23.239
---
Dunlop  
Ross Neilson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 1:21.131
---
5 +52.594
---
29 1:21.408
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.767
---
6 +1:05.972
---
29 1:22.611
---
Goodyear  
Nigel Smith

Honda RA272 F1 1965 7 +1.977
---
7 +1:14.666
---
29 1:22.840
---
Goodyear  
karlisss

Honda RA272 F1 1965 9 +3.393
---
8 +1:26.674
---
29 1:22.184
---
Goodyear  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 8 +2.833
---
9 +1L
---
28 1:24.182
---
Dunlop  
James Andrew

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +3.934
---
10 +14L
---
15 1:25.104
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A new track to UKGPL and it presented many overtaking opportunities.

A start line incident could have been prevented by the mods had they noticed that the pole sitter cannot see the flagman without looking to the right.

If we use this track again we will move the starting grid back down the track a little.

A maiden victory for P Maestro who led following the Pole Sitters start line sandwich break.

Hopefully there will be more entrants for the next round.

Server replay time: 0h00m41s

Start line
rnielson did not see the flagman and failed to start meaning that the cars behind hit him.

The flagman at Keimola is placed very close to the line and the pole sitter has to look right to see him. perhaps the mods should accept some responsibility for either not making this clear or moving the grid back a little.

Because of that I am not issuing any penalties for the start line incidents but drivers should be aware that they should always keep to their side of the grid if they are not sure who or what is around them, particularly on the run up to T1.

Some drivers were still accelerating when it was obvious that an incident had occurred and the track was not clear.
When a start line incident occurs it is always best to slow down and keep to your side of the track rather than moving across the track to avoid it unless you are the last runner.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m58s

Billy is driving down the straight with Nigel well ahead of him but Billy's replay shows Nigel's car suddenly appear in front of him.

Nigel is unaffected.

The server replay loses Billy momentarily and he reappears before being thrown into the air.

This is a clear warp incident where the server sees Billy at full chat on the straight then loses him.
As Billy approaches the braking zone and slows for the corner the server still thinks he is travelling at full chat as he was when it last saw him so it thinks he must have hit Nigel's car.

Billy takes a SHIFT R with no SnG

Warp incident

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h06m02s

HappyAl and Ross are battling for position and are alongside entering the right hander.
Ross is on the inside line and Al is on the left though he does creep toward the centre a little too much.

Ross pulls clear but is slower in mid corner than Al expects. The severity of Al's car's reaction suggests some warp but the server shows clear contact.
Neither driver uploaded a client replay.

This is best described as a contested side by side with perhaps a little warp thrown in.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h07m38s

JAndrews crashes and appears to take a SHIFT R, however the replay is not conclusive.

Please note that if a SHIFT R is taken it must be followed by a Stop n Go in the pits unless it is a no fault SHIFT R as described under the Sporting Regulations here.
https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/sporting

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h08m20s

R Neilson attempts to pass HappyAl at T1 but under braking he strays onto the grass on the inside and loses control, taking Al out with him.

This would have been an Ambitious overtake had the server shown clear contact but it does not.
Neither driver submitted a client replay so I have to assume that warp is a clear factor as Al's car is thrown from the track apparently on its own.

Warp incident.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65) - Keimola - Apr 20  (Read 6799 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:46 PM +0100 »

Season 19 Novices Trophy - Round 2 - Keimola

A new track for UKGPL with some twisty sections and a decent long straight.  The track was used in the 1960s for Formula 2 races but it never hosted a Formula 1 race.  It is a nice track for the 65s and shouldn't be too difficult to learn.  The pit exit is a bit unusual in that it isn't near the start line.

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left and all drivers should not go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages only including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5.UKGPL
IP Address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race Date = 20-04-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Keimola
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Long
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

We have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Novices are as follows:

NOVICE CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
2 - BT11
3 - Cooper
4 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BT11) but if he would prefer to drive either the Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins his first race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The following drivers have made their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
Driver
Chassis
D-Rock
Lotus 33
NHance
Brabham BT11
roguk
Cooper T77
maddog
Cooper T77
maestro
Brabham BT11
il_lupo
Ferrari 512
happyal
BRM P261
Billy
Brabham BT11
gilles27
Lotus 33
G Poole
Brabham BT11
BookieW
BRM P261
Sharkfin
BRM P261
norbert
Ferrari 512

RESERVES
Driver
Chassis
Nigel Smith
Honda RA272

The following drivers are still to make their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
DriverSeeding
Burtoner
Vosblod

RESERVES
DriverSeeding
karlisss
miner2049er

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks to Phil for posting the announcement, you just beat me to it.

Can I ask that people take the opportunity to report any incidents when possible to make my moderation easier, there was only 1 report from a fun filled Mexico.

Thank you.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:01:08 PM +0100 »

Can I ask that people take the opportunity to report any incidents when possible to make my moderation easier, there was only 1 report from a fun filled Mexico.

Thank you.

I guess if an incident isn't reported you shouldn't bother looking and judging over it. I.e. the parties involved accept it as a racing incident or aren't willing to bother about it.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:52 PM +0100 »

Thank you.

I guess if an incident isn't reported you shouldn't bother looking and judging over it. I.e. the parties involved accept it as a racing incident or aren't willing to bother about it.
Yes but if we don't review the Novice races in some detail how will they learn?  You wouldn't want us to promote inexperienced drivers to the faster ranks if they'd got used to flouting the rules just because nobody could be bothered to tackle them about it.  I agree that in the more experienced divisions we can rely on the drivers to know what driving standards are expected but that isn't the case here.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:33 AM +0100 »

OK, I see your point, but at the same time if they're not reporting it it means they are either not seeing a given situation as problematic or they don't want to bother reporting. One thing I've seen in oAo is when Scott Nowak was making his race newspaper reports he used the Replay Analyser history graph to spot incidents, i.e. when a driver/car makes a dip in the graph it usually means it was due to an incident, so he rarely missed reporting any.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:45 PM +0100 »

OK, I see your point, but at the same time if they're not reporting it it means they are either not seeing a given situation as problematic or they don't want to bother reporting. One thing I've seen in oAo is when Scott Nowak was making his race newspaper reports he used the Replay Analyser history graph to spot incidents, i.e. when a driver/car makes a dip in the graph it usually means it was due to an incident, so he rarely missed reporting any.
I think you are talking about method 3   Wink
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:45:41 PM +0100 »

I think you are talking about method 3   Wink

Ah, you're right! I wasn't aware of that page. Smiley

D-Rock

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:49 PM +0100 »

Congrats on the first win PM, with back to back first time winners it looks like it'll be a really hotly contested season.

Fairly boring race for me, something that wasn't helped by the bland surroundings. Started 5th, there was a lot of warp and disappearing cars at the start, sorry to whoever it was that I hit. After that I gained a few spots from people spinning and was up to 4th, then 3rd after Martin spun at turn 1. A lap or so later I backed it into the wall in the first right hander after the pits, which did no damage but allowed Martin back past. Then I basically just cruised around for 22 or 23 laps in 4th place, bringing home enough points to hold on to the lead by my calculations.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:53:03 PM +0100 by D-Rock » Logged
karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:39 PM +0100 »

that was great fun for me after some 2years off online GPL!!!
tried to run after p4... but lost all lol
atleast i gaine my PB at keimola!

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
http://www.karlisvitols.com
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:54:32 PM +0100 »

that was great fun for me after some 2years off online GPL!!!
tried to run after p4... but lost all lol
atleast i gaine my PB at keimola!
Great to see you had a good race after your disappointment last season not being able to join the server.  Good luck in the next round Wink

I noticed you were asking about S&Gs in chat.  I didn't want to complicate things by getting involved especially since you were given the right advice by the other drivers.  However if you ever have any queries regarding the rules please look at these pages.  The rules are quite comprehensive and few people know them fully so just to make sure the advice you are getting is correct it is best to check the rules pages.

The Sporting Regulations contain the bits about Shift Rs.  The rules about Stop and Go (S&G) are in the Pit Stops section.   We don't use Pit Stops in any of our divisions at the moment but the principles still apply.  You can consider a S&G to be a Pit Stop with zero wait time (just make sure the wheels come to a complete stop).
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:00 AM +0100 »

Big well done to Peter on his first win.

My race was lonely at the back, nothing really to report as it all went OK, just slowly. I was having problems getting heat into my front tyres if I didn't push, and when I was lonely I started to wonder a bit and heat would go from my front tryes. Apart from that nothing at all happened.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 01:39:12 PM +0100 »

Quite a race for some:
•   Karliss made his debut in UKGPL
•   Ross (Gilles 27) takes his first pole position
•   But mostly for Peter Maestro who, after 54 official race starts takes his first victory. With Goran taking 2nd place in the Amateurs it was a good night for Black Night Racing.

I do like this track & enjoyed some battles with Ross, Karliss & Nigel. Most were settled by one or the other of us taking a detour off track, but good fun. Managed to hook up a good lap at the end of qualifying to give me P.3. But that’s about as good as it got.

There were a few glitches particularly off the start line with cars disappearing. I did half of the first lap guessing where the cars in front should be. Also the pole sitter couldn’t see the flagman (bad luck Ross – maybe you should practice a bit less!).
Second or third lap halfway up the S/F straight a car appeared out of nowhere directly in front of me - CRASH.  Perhaps more server related that track problems as I haven’t seen any complaints from the Ams.
I’m sure its all good experience.

Grid was a bit thin so hope to see the usual suspects back for more mayhem at Laguna. (If that’s too long try the Spec Challenge at Silverstone on Sunday week).

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:54 PM +0100 »

Wow that was a busy race. Well done to Maestro, I'm sure victory is all the sweeter after waiting so many races.

From my POV I was chuffed, and surprised, to get pole. I reckon this new track was something of a leveller, and having a thin field also helped. I have to admit I put a fair bit of practice in too after a disappointing first outing at Mexico.

My pleasure at getting pole evaporated after the farce on the grid, when I couldn't see the flagman as he was too far over to the right. Apologies to everyone whose race I spoiled. In all my practice races I was never on pole, so didn't realise it would be a problem...

In the early laps I tried too hard to regain lost ground, and had a few other offs, as well as bumping into HappyAl a couple of times. Third time around he was gracious enough to just let me through! Once I got into the groove I was going pretty quickly and recovered to 5th with fastest lap so I guess it wasn't a total loss. I can't help feeling I won't get a better chance to win this season though.

See you all at Laguna in a couple of weeks.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 02:36:13 PM +0100 »

At last, finally got a win

Got 2nd in qualifying with a PB
I think a huge bit of luck for me as Ross did not know you have to look right to see the flag from Pole and he didn't see the flag go down. The ones behind just steamed into him as he hadn't moved. Somehow Bill in 3rd behind him just drove straight through him unscathed., but the next ones didn't.

Had another stonking start, and gave myself a bit of room for turn 1. Apologies to those following me as I was all over the place on lap1 on cold tyres.

Getting into Lap2 I realised I was leading and a panicing feeling started creeping in. Could I keep it on the track, as I usually fall of at some point.

Kept an eye on prib for whole race and I could see I was very slowly increasing a gap to 2nd place.

The worry of leading and not going off was immense. This is ridiculous, its only a game.
Loved the track (of course with a win I would say that)

Onwards to Laguna, see you all there, plus some of those missing from this one

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 02:45:00 PM +0100 »

WD Peter  Grin

You may be pleased to hear that the panic/stress when leading will never quite leave you - I still get it on the rare occasions I manage to depose Hristo and Co for a bit, albeit not quite as bad as the first time I led (Watkins in S17 I think - promptly fell of and ruined my race within a lap Roll Eyes )
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com