The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 04:32:37 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to B.R.E.A.S.T.S...a quick explanation.  (Read 5005 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:28 PM +0100 »

As I think of relevant stuff I will add it here, but just to give you a taste of the lunacy that is B.R.E.A.S.T.S is a brief introduction.

The name is reported to stand for...

British Racing Enthusiasts And Selected Tourists Society........up to you if you believe that or not Roll Eyes

The Breasts community has been running GPL races for longer than I have been doing GPL online.

In the past there have been points scoring leagues, but over time these gave way to an ethos of running races on some of the lesser used circuits just for the pure hell of it and without the pressure of a points scoring league race.
We mix in some of the standard Papyrus circuits to give those who find learning a new circuit every week a bit hard. You do not neded to race every week just turn up whenever you want to have some fun.

We welcome all abilities, all we ask is that you enjoy your racing and allow others to enjoy their race too.
We currently race the 65 mod on Wednesday evenings at 9 pm.
You will need to setup a chatroom on Igor called "Breasts" and with a password of "tits"...(don't ask me why Undecided I did not invent the name or the password).
Races are run at Intermediate level and we allow Shift-R with no penalty,... this is for fun remember?
If you find that you are consistantly running at the head of the field in a fast car, try taking one of the slower cars just to even things up. If you are still winning races in the slowest car, we may have to remove one of your wheels!!

You can check out the calendar of races and where you can download them on the Race Details page.

If grappling with BREASTS 65's is not enough for you then BREASTS are going 69, immediately after the 65 race and on the same circuit each week.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:21:08 PM +0100 »

Great to see you bringing BREASTS on here now Clive. Hopefully it will keep everyone happy and generate the following that BREASTS deserves.

It's great fun guys without the pressure of racing for points, give it a go.

Best of luck. Smiley

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:36:20 PM +0100 »

Yes, great to see UK sim racing gathering in one place. Also great to see BREASTS surviving in to the future. I was a competitor in the very first BREASTS race and in fact it was also my very first online race. I'm sure I have the replay saved somewhere. I'll have to dig it out!
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:29:50 PM +0100 »

Welcome!
It's nice to see you guys here. By the way, it's me, the guy who usually finish at last places.  Roll Eyes

Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 10:17:50 PM +0100 »

Great to see Breasts here, nice and easy have a good gander GUFFAW
Anyway I have been conspicously (or in my case inconspicously) absent for quite a few races. Issues re Wednesdays but will try to make it for some events.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 12:02:25 PM +0100 »

My problem on missing the races is that I just... forget about them.  Grin

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 01:55:57 PM +0100 »

My problem is finding time to race and time to learn the "new" tracks  Roll Eyes

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 03:35:23 PM +0100 »

I understand the problem with learning "new tracks" and we have tried to include pappy tracks and the more popular add ons. I might just alter the schedule to include those new circuits that UKGPL is due to attack the following week. But, as there are no points to lose and a great deal of fun to be had on some great tracks it should be a stress free experience.

The one advantage of using the 65 mod is that once you have a workable setup for one circuit, other than changing gear ratios, you probably only need minor tweaks to the rest of the setup.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 04:34:49 PM +0100 »

I like trying new tracks even if I don't know them. Most tracks, unless longer (or very long), can be learned during the Qualifying and Race. As Evil said, the 65s work fine with the same setup on most tracks, with only adjustments being gear ratios and perhaps camber angles.

TBH I'm bored of racing Papy tracks and popular addons, lol.

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 04:59:40 PM +0100 »

Great to see BREASTS is still alive! I'm kind of missing the on-track action now  Undecided.
tagfat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 06:31:07 AM +0100 »

Retired as driver but still a tourist. Good to see that BREASTS are still bouncing. euro
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21:51 PM +0100 »

Hi Tagfat,

You can always revive your youth and enjoy GPL with BREASTS.

There is no official championship to worry about so you can drop in for any race at any time.  Grin

Rank   Only when I sweat
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:02 PM +0100 »

And at times to be enjoyed in full 60 FPS.
Mmm...silky
garethhall
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 04:25:08 PM +0100 »

hi all, when your next race?, what mods do you normally run? can i play please? angel
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 08:21:39 PM +0100 »

We allways do race on Wednesdays 21:00

You are welcome to join us!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Pages: [1]