by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 02:35:13 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello - just dropping in....  (Read 3022 times)
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 07:30:33 PM +0100 »

Kruger, the rookie cars are only to be tolerated until you progress through the ranks. Don't use them as any judgement for your future enjoyment of iRacing. The higher level cars are much more fun.

It will be great to have another SBRC runner for company. Anybody know what has happened to Noel?
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:54 AM +0100 »

I'm trying to use the promotional price they have until Friday, $14 for three months, then if I like it I can pay $36 for another three months - $50 for six months of racing doesn't sound too much.

I'm having difficulties right now with understanding the physics of the car (still with Solstice). Brakes work unlike any other sim - if I press it more than 20%, wheels block and my entry is not as smooth. Any chance someone could post a decent lap of Solstice at Lime, I just want to see what am I doing wrong. Gearing also seems rather strange. I can't even get to fifth gear and in those fast corners, 4th gear is too low and 3rd is too high, I tried downshifting at different points but nothing seems to work.

I think I have to shake off the GPL routine.

What is the common wheel rotation everyone is using?

Thx, Kruger

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:07 AM +0100 »

Brakes work unlike any other sim - if I press it more than 20%, wheels block and my entry is not as smooth.

You might want to fiddle with the Brake Force Curve setting, perhaps try it in a few settings between 0.5 and 2 (assuming you've got normal potentiometer-based pedals and not a load cell). It can make a big difference to the feel of the brakes. Being a road car it doesn't take as much force on the pedal as a race car as the brakes are servo assisted.

Gearing also seems rather strange. I can't even get to fifth gear and in those fast corners, 4th gear is too low and 3rd is too high, I tried downshifting at different points but nothing seems to work.

It's using the road car gearbox so you wouldn't normally get anywhere near 5th at most tracks, and the ratios are going to be a bit awkward.

The Solstice is a horrid, numb car and it's only purpose is to get your SR up so you can race the Spec Racer Ford!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:17 PM +0100 »

Ok gents, after subscribing and seeing how it all works with iRacing, I have a couple of questions regarding the league SRou is running:

1. I understand this is a separate (private hosting): whatever happens here, does it go against the SR of iRacing or are the incidents dealt with in the usual SRou manner, reporting to moderator?

2. I understand I have to purchase the cars and tracks required to compete in SRou organized events?

3. Do I have to have a valid iRacing subscription to compete in SRou organized events?

4. Since I'm just racking pu my milleage (and being dead slow still), when is the start of new season organized by SRou so I can join once I get at least a bit better?

Thanks

Kruger

Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 03:47:07 PM +0100 »

1.  SR is not affected in private events, although incident points are still accumulated.  SROU rules apply.

2.  Yes, all events require the relevant car/track purchase.

3.  Yes.  Without a subscription, you won't be able to access the membersite, hence private races will be unavailable.

4.  Rough guess, round about the end of July/start of August.

HTH, and don't practice too hard, will you?  Wink
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 04:15:24 PM +0100 »

We've got 4 weeks left of the current season, 2 Mazda and 2 Riley races.

The week after we'll do a fun race as that co-incides with the iRacing "Week 13" where the new build is introduced and there's no (few) official races.

fter that, w/c August 2 we'll start a new season.

I'll kick off the discussion regarding what the format will be for Srouk iRacing Season 4 very soon so you'll know know what you'll need.

Legends Racing simracing team
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 06:54:49 PM +0100 »

Thx Brendan and popabawa for your help. All is clear now...

Now I just need to get those laptimes down, the platform is significantly different to GPL or anything else I tried, I know what I need to do, I just have to practice it Smiley

End of July sounds just about great, I might join the fun race though.

I'll kick off the discussion regarding what the format will be for Srouk iRacing Season 4 very soon so you'll know know what you'll need.
I was just going to ask about this, I will keep my eye on the announcements section Wink

Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 09:01:03 AM +0100 »

Popabawa, thanks for sticking the thread with track roster.

I'm planning the big purchase and the list is now up to 11 items. I'm thinking of getting Skippy, Mazda and Indy, and all tracks listed in the roster. I want to get another item to use the 20% discount on both groups of six items. Riley seems to be the car commonly used by SRouk leagues, is that what I should get?

What is with Lotus49, it doesn't seem to be so popular, why is that so?

Thanks

Kruger

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 09:11:32 AM +0100 »

Kruger, the discount would apply if you bought 11 in one go. You don't have to do it in batches of 6.
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:31:47 AM +0100 »

Thanks Paul, somehow I misinterpreted that Wink

Should I get Riley anyway? If its fun to drive and used frequently by you guys, that's all the reason I need.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:28 AM +0100 »

I really like the DP (Riley) now, but some don't get on with it. A man of your abilities should have no problem though  Smiley
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:37 AM +0100 »

Kruger, you might want to hold off on the car purchases until we've officially decided which cars we're using next season.

My feeling is that we'll continue with the Mazda and Riley but I want to give the drivers a chance to agree with me Wink

Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:04 PM +0100 »

Thx pop, either way, I gotta have Skippy too but I won't rush into it.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 12:15:16 PM +0100 »

I think you'll want the Skippy anyway so you can advance your license Smiley

Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 01:15:29 PM +0100 »

I think you'll want the Skippy anyway so you can advance your license Smiley
The thing is, I pretty much want everything Cheesy

Apart from the oval stuff of course, don't care for ovals...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: