Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 05:05:36 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19N Silverstone: May 18, 2010
May 18, 2010, 09:37:21 PM +0100 - Silverstone (GP 1952-73) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.338
---
1 38:20.054
---
24 1:34.437
---
Goodyear  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +0.960
---
2 +9.988
---
24 1:34.734
---
Goodyear  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.331
---
3 +15.156
---
24 1:34.678
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.478
---
4 +37.118
---
24 1:34.715
---
Dunlop  
D-Rock

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 1:33.425
---
5 +45.912
---
24 1:33.586
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +1.791
---
6 +48.930
---
24 1:35.205
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 9 +3.830
---
7 +1L
---
23 1:38.292
---
Dunlop  
G Poole
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +3.935
---
8 +2L
---
22 1:37.099
---
Goodyear  
Ross Neilson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 3 +0.180
---
9 +4L
---
20 1:34.220
---
Dunlop  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 2 +0.149
---
10 (+2) +5L
---
19 1:34.034
---
Dunlop  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 11 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 12 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

The Amateurs couldn't handle the awesome speeds of Silverstone and headed for the Nurburgring instead so it was left to the Novices to tame this great circuit.

There were much less Amateur Dramatics than last time out and most drivers tried to drive the way their car was pointing.

A second win for Pete Maestro closes up the gap at the top of the championship as we edge towards the halfway point.

Server replay time: 0h00m30s

RNeilson get a flying start and hits the front straight away passing D Rock on Tim's left

Tim thinks the car that was on his left is the one now leading and moves over into D Rock.

Tim thinks he was hit and he takes what he thinks is a free SHIFT R.

Server replay time: 0h16m56s

R Nielson blows his engine and takes a SHIFT R but does not take a Stop n Go.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65) - Silverstone (GP 1952-73) - May 18  (Read 5279 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:33 PM +0100 »

Season 19 Novices Trophy - Round 4 - Silverstone

The fourth round of the championship sees the Novices at a different venue to the Amateurs who simply cannot tame this high speed and high thrill circuit. As the Amateurs meander through the rolling hills of Germany, the Novices will get to grips with the former World War 2 Bomber Base.

Half the circuit is in Northamptonshire and half is in Buckinghamshire, and it was first used for motorsport in September 1947 when 12 friends held an impromptu race on the deserted airfield. One of them, Maurice Geoghegan, from Silverstone village ran into a sheep writing off his car. The sheep didn't fare too well either and the race became known as the Mutton Grand Prix.

Drivers should be especially careful on lap 1 as usual but hopefully this fast circuit will not compress the field once safely through Becketts.

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages only, including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5.UKGPL
IP Address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race Date = 18-05-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Silverstone
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Long
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

We have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Novices are as follows:

NOVICE CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
2 - BT11
3 - Cooper
4 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BT11) but if he would prefer to drive either the Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins his first race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The following drivers have made their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
Driver
Chassis
D-Rock
Lotus 33
NHance
Brabham BT11
roguk
Cooper T77
maddog
Cooper T77
maestro
Brabham BT11
il_lupo
Ferrari 512
happyal
BRM P261
Billy
Brabham BT11
gilles27
Lotus 33
G Poole
Brabham BT11
BookieW
BRM P261
Sharkfin
BRM P261
norbert
Ferrari 512
Vosblod
Lotus 33

RESERVES
Driver
Chassis
Nigel Smith
Honda RA272
karlisss
Honda RA272

The following drivers are still to make their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
DriverSeeding
Burtoner

RESERVES
DriverSeeding
miner2049er

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:33:40 PM +0100 »

Just as a piece of useless information which is probably of no interest to anyone.....

Two of my late uncles ( on my father's side) lived in a village just a short distance from Silverstone, in a village called Stoke Bruerne.

One was a Major in the army and the other a Bomber pilot through the 2nd WW, both returned to the family farm afterwards and told several stories of the early Silverstone days to an impressionable young lad from Bristol Roll Eyes. The old family farmhouse is right in the centre of the village and is now a large pub alongside the canal..and No! I don't get any discount Undecided

In particular were tales of the H16 BRM ( at least that is what they claimed) which was tested around the early circuit. Despite the village being a couple of miles away, and down in a hollow, the noise from the BRM was said to be ear splitting when it hit max revs down hangar straight and most Northampton knew when it was being tested because it panicked the animals.

Various stories of Livestock vs Cars and Farmers vs Drivers ( not always settled in a non-violent grown-up manner!).  Such altercations were not really surprising when there were no fences or barriers to prevent animals wandering across what was effectively a huge open meadow with a bit of tarmac here and there, that was not really used much any more. It also offered those farmers bordering the airfield with a huge area for "free" grazing, which being true farmers they were loathe to surrender.
Of course, as young men just returned from the war and on the look out for some "fun" in a rural setting, there were several "unofficial" early morning race meetings, usually as a result of a challenge in the pub the night before ( or even that very evening!!).

Just think..the home of Grand Prix F1 racing, might have ended up as a field full of sheep if some local landowners had had their way. So whilst taking Stowe in a full blooded 4 wheel drift , contemplate on how a sheep might take that corner.......

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:10 PM +0100 »

Nice tale though I think you might mean the supercharged V16 BRM of 1950's vintage .

Ive seen and heard both at Oulton and was there for the 66 Gold Cup when the H16 's were rolled out for there first race , driven by Stewart and Graham Hill .

Stewart demo'd the V16 which was indeed the loudest most raucus engine noise I ever witnessed , smoking the tyres the full lenghtof the pits straight and again on the straight bits around clay hill . when the mechanics first fired it up in the paddock the crowds scattered in all directions . unforgetable .

There is a recording on CD of the V16 car being driven round goodwood by owner chris mason , took it in work when I was with Comet , loaded it onto the biggest Hi Fi in store , whacked the noise up full , pressed "play" and walked away.

You can guess the reception it got  Grin

Russel Gradwell,  a friends dad from Llandudno flew Lancies with 617 sqadron (dam busters to you) said the quickest way to learn french was if you ever get shot down in the place when occupied by the krauts . he could tell some great tales  Smiley

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:01:53 PM +0100 »

Quallied 2nd and was pretty pleased, DR just pipped me.
Race started and 55 seconds in I got hit and pulled over then a Sh/R and re-started at the rump (see note below).
After that I was not too chuffed but pushed on. The highlight was getting from last to 4th with 5 laps to go.

With 5 laps left and up to 4th I found myself at the rear end of a squadron doing battle - closing on Norm I messed up and had to take evasive action to avoid rear-ending him. This took me into a concrete wall and the prospect of a Sh/R + SnG sealed my retirement.

Anyway note; Funny how things look in the race v what happened on the replay. I came out thinking 'who the hell hit me at the start', watched the replay and now have to eat humble pie and apologise to D-Rock. Ross got through and I thought I'd cleared you as I saw a car in my mirrors and assumed it was you. It wasn't, big apology for pulling across in front of you. I'll take my penalty as, at the time, I didn't SnG.

Apology out of the way enjoyed the in-between bit of the race. Congrats to Pete and finishers.
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:22:18 AM +0100 »

Another eventful race for me. After a good battle with Vos and D-Rock for pole, I settled for 3rd on the grid, which turned into 1st after a cracking start. After ten laps I'd built up a comfortable gap and was looking for a steady run to the finish - at which point my engine blew. I need to look at the replay but I'm not sure if it was my fault or not.

Not sure what the rules with a shift-R for engine failure are, but I reset anyway and pressed on - perhaps someone can clarify if I was right to do so? Anyway after a couple of laps getting up to speed again on full tanks and cold tyres, I had a cracking battle near the front with D-Rock, Norm and someone else, not sure who. Really pleased that I managed to race cleanly so at least I'm making progress on that front.

After getting up to second with a few laps left, I was gaining on D-Rock, but not enough to win. I should have backed off for the finish but kept pushing and spun at Chapel. Out of frustration I just quit - possibly a mistake as it looks like DR didn't win in the end. But it would have felt hollow after the engine blow anyway.

Looks tight at the top of the points, I'm still hopeful of moving up the table but I need to get some good finishes in and stop making silly mistakes.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:07 AM +0100 »

I was lapping in the 1:38’s no matter if I had full fuel, no fuel, really pushed or just took it easy. In the race I just plodded around at the back.

I messed up in the first few laps, I put my tyres on the grass and spun. After that the only thing that happened was my screen saver kicked in, and it had to do it just as the leaders were going to lap me, I spun, stopped the car and was lucky that no one hit me. Very sorry guys, it’s a new computer and I forgot to turn it off, first thing I did after the race was to switch it off, won’t happen again.

After that I just kept in on the track for the finish, car felt funny, or I just felt weird and my lap times dropped off quite a bit. I was expecting Graham to catch and pass me any minute, but luckily for me he didn’t. Because of other people dropping out I finished 7th, which I didn’t really deserve and is my highest finish this year.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
Ross Neilson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:54:57 AM +0100 »

Hi Al,

I think I was in the chasing pack when you went off, it was a hairy moment for sure! It's handy when people move over to be lapped but that's taking it a bit far :-)

Well done on getting to the finish intact and getting some points. You shouldn't say you didn't deserve it, at the end of the day getting to the end in one piece is the most important thing, something I seem incapable of doing right now.

If you're lap times were a bit slow perhaps it's your setup? I have a good one for the Lotus that renowned engineer, Billy NoBrakes gave me a while back. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I passed it on to you. Let me know if you want it.

Cheers,

Ross

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 11:58:04 AM +0100 »

I would of raced, but had serious problems with Q and S bar very high, cars dissappearing, havent clue what it is yet, not pc, or inet connection, must be gpl, will try a backup of it.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 01:53:08 PM +0100 »

Sorry I missed the action last night - There was an emergency call out for Dad's taxi.
Well done to Peter for the win (starting to become a habit) and also a good result for the team with FMG winning at Nurburg.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ross Neilson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 03:57:54 PM +0100 »

Dear oh dear Billy you should get your priorities right!! ;-)

I suppose at least I am not at that stage yet with my family, I've got it all to come :-)

NHance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 05:24:40 PM +0100 »

Qually 5th & if I'd done a PB I wouldn't have been any higher. For 21 of the 24 laps I had someone not too far in front of me that I was trying to catch & make a challenge to, & all the time various drivers very close behind. The secret of my 2nd place was I made few errors, one or two dodgy slides & on the grass a bit that was it.
Never lead a race before, so that was good experience, but my downfall was racecraft, as I knew we were going to lap Graham, it was just a matter of where. Fair dues to Graham he got out of the way,(went on the grass) but my slight hesitation at Abbey, the corner I had the most trouble with, & where Pete was always faster than me meant Pete got better drive than me & was past by the time we reached Woodcote. Dropped to 3rd after that but RN made an error so I was back to 2nd.
Then the balistic missile that is Maddog's Cooper started to get very close till he too overcooked it, by this time the faster Pete had gone. Last 3 laps I just cut the revs & strolled it home. 
Well done Pete, a worthy winner & to Maddog working wonders with the Cooper.
Norm H
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 07:33:02 PM +0100 »

Alright, who's responsible?!  Which one of my competitors gave me a virus?!!  What do the rule books say about unsportsmanlike behavior?  I've heard about this stuff - these computer techies, who'll stop at nothing in their bid for fame and glory.  I was faced with sitting on the grid, in a lowly 6th position, knowing that, with just one sneeze, it could all be over!  It's all highly fiendish!!  Grumble . . . grumble! Angry

In Fact, it turned out to be quite a race!  Off the start line, I found my ailing self quickly promoted to 2nd, behind a rapid Ross, following an altercation amongst the front row.  For ten laps thereafter, I was constantly stalked by Maestro, and just couldn't shake him off.  And then it happened - my nose had been distracting me all along, and my dubious one handed driving went and met with near disaster!

I've never much been one for Ballet, but my Pirouette at the exit of Stowe, would've been one for the Bolshoi to be proud of.  Four complete 360s, without hesitation, stopping right at the spot where I watched my first GP in 1965 . . . Strange, I don't remember seeing that bit?  I was now back in 5th place.

The race was highly competitive throughout.  After 20 laps, the top 5 occupied only half the length of Hangar straight.  Maestro was finally becoming dominant, while Vosblod was having a major surge, and closing in on the squabble for 2nd.  Myself as a mobile spectator, as the casualties fell in the final push.

By the time the chequers fell, the field had thinned and to my surprise, I had finished third! And that result for me, was nothing to sneeze at, so I didn't.  In the final analysis, I had only lost by a nose!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:36:17 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 08:27:54 PM +0100 »

I would of raced, but had serious problems with Q and S bar very high, cars dissappearing, havent clue what it is yet, not pc, or inet connection, must be gpl, will try a backup of it.

check out your anti virus burt , gave me loadsa probs till I deleted the stupid thing (AVG)
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 02:26:27 PM +0100 »

check out your anti virus burt , gave me loadsa probs till I deleted the stupid thing (AVG)

nope that isnt problem, never has been, its defaintly the game, have a backup copy ready and seems ok offline, but I dont have any decent servers to test it out on Sad

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:27 PM +0100 »

Double check that you are not using the 60 FPS patch Burt, as that will definitely screw up your connection.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com