by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 10:54:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, hosted sessions were different...  (Read 773 times)
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:23 PM +0100 »

From last night's update notes:

"- Hosted sessions now have the same wind speed and direction as our online sessions."

Interesting.
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:21 PM +0100 »

I wonder whether offline test sessions are the same too.

Regards
Gary
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:34:01 PM +0100 »

I wonder whether offline test sessions are the same too.

Regards
Gary
Is there any such thing as an offline test session in iRacing?  You just connect to your local machine.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:36:36 PM +0100 »

It's funny how people have been asking what the differences were for months, and iRacing staff assured us that there weren't any, and now all of a sudden they've "fixed" it. It really annoys me how they just won't admit to any imperfections at all until it suits them. Angry

Is there any such thing as an offline test session in iRacing?  You just connect to your local machine.

Yes, it only does the authorization check if you click 'Testing'; if you have the L/Q/S bars up you'll see it doesn't touch the network after that.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:00:07 PM +0100 »

Yep and this has been my only saving grace without broadband the last few weeks. I have been connecting briefly with a mobile braodband dongle, setting up a test session, minimising to disconnect and the session then runs all day. Not the most exciting thing running the same car and track on your own for hours but at least its something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: