by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 08:53:31 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @Nordschleife (28 june 2010)  (Read 12181 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 04:38:16 PM +0100 »

It should do - I've done a 3hr race here off line in one without a problem  Smiley
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 12:36:57 PM +0100 »

Manteos

While I've always been annoyed at the fact that the Ferrari 275 Special's engine reliability seems unrealistic and would welcome the orginal mod designers to make an adjustment, I must ask you to please create an easy install/uninstall for this vehicle update. SROUK will continue to utilize the original vehicle specifications for races hosted here. Mismatches will occur if vehicle specification files do not match the those on the server. Would you or someone at VDA be able to make an easy install/uninstall?
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 01:09:26 PM +0100 »

Manteos

While I've always been annoyed at the fact that the Ferrari 275 Special's engine reliability seems unrealistic and would welcome the orginal mod designers to make an adjustment, I must ask you to please create an easy install/uninstall for this vehicle update. SROUK will continue to utilize the original vehicle specifications for races hosted here. Mismatches will occur if vehicle specification files do not match the those on the server. Would you or someone at VDA be able to make an easy install/uninstall?
We're following this way Mike.
We're asking to an Italian beta tester of P&G, what it's better to change to strenghten the engine. Probably it will need only to change the RPM limit at which the 275 start to damage its engine, now it's 7900, we wil put it at 8300 i think. To modifiy it, it's enough to make a backup copy of the file "275GTB_LM.eng" that you find in this folder C:\Programmi\PnG2\GameData\Teams\Power&Glory\GT Over 2 Liter\Ferrari 275 GTB, before of installing the new file with the same name that we will release for this event. If some of you it's able to do an installer I can pass him the file, and he can provide it for you, but it's quite simple to modify this file even opening it with a writing program like notepad, and modify this string you'll find nearly the end of the file: "LifetimeEngineRPM=(7900, 80)   // (base engine speed for lifetime, range where lifetime is halved)". If you've got the right value you won't have any trouble to join the server.
However, when we'll make this change I'll pass you the correct file to join our server.
Cu

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Henry
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 04:12:44 PM +0100 »

sounds very nice. will try to collect a team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 06:28:24 PM +0100 »

Hint hint Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 08:48:49 PM +0100 »

Dave, I tried to understand how to make an installer... but without success...
I will post some instructions when we'll release the patch. It won't be difficult anyway... I'm sure everyone can make an update without an installer Smiley If you need the original files, just ask me and I'll provide the download link. If you want to make an installer for the UK guys I would be happy aswell  angel
Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Henry
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 06:12:45 PM +0100 »

we have now 4 drivers for our team.
is it enough to write here our details or have we to register at VDA?

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:24:10 PM +0100 by Henry » Logged
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 11:53:21 AM +0100 »

we have now 4 drivers for our team.
is it enough to write here our details or have we to register at VDA?

Smiley

Hi Henry Smiley
You don't need to register in VDA forum, it's only needed the name of your team and of your drivers (or their nick), and I'll report it for you on our forum.
At the moment guys, I would be glad to invite 2 different teams of UK & DK people, but I don't know if there will be some space for both teams. My first idea was that of 1 team for SImracing.org. guys, but probably there will be another place even for your team.
We have to wait some confirmation til Sunday from other 2 italian teams. I pray you to wait til the weekend Henry, than I'll confirm if your place is free. Sorry about that, but i should be more clear in my explanations, even more I didn't think there would be an interest of 2 teams... I will do everything possible to let you participate at the event Smiley
Stay tuned Smiley
Cu!

Henry
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 01:16:19 PM +0100 »

i understand;)

atm we from GTLDK have 7 potential drivers.
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 03:21:38 PM +0100 »

So who can confirm from SROUK? At the moment I've seen interest from:

Mike Miller - L88
FullMetalGasket - Any
Ade - Any

any other committed interest?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 05:28:58 PM +0100 »

I'll drive either but would prefer one with a fuel guage as I dislike using 3rd person to check on fuel levels  lol

Tempted to ask for the 'Vette as I haven't driven the little ones here, only the L88....

Edit: I can't count, pretty sure I mean the L72!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:49:48 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 08:48:58 PM +0100 »

I would be interested. Smiley

Love the track.

I have tried a similar looking Corvette with GTL at Nord (forgive my classic car ignorance) but, it was a real dog to drive. If the one in this race is similar, I could drive it with practise but, would prefer the other car if it is easier.  Grin

If there is space for me then count me in please. Thank you Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 11:44:37 AM +0100 »

Ok guys, now i'll report your team in our forum. If you wanto to add some reserves, or if someone want to give a try in the Green Hell, feel free to give him the password for the VDA server Smiley

About Henry's GTLDK team, it's quite sure we have another free slot. I ask you kindly the names of your drivers or their nick to report it in our forum. If you have some reserves, report it in this post aswell. Thank you Smiley

Edit: I sent you a pm with the server password. Give it to your teammates aswell.

I add to you the links to see some live timing statistics til now. it should be useful to have an idea of a good laptime:
VDA Live timing for Nordschleife event: http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/trackview.aspx
Laptimes:http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/statistiche.aspx?Pista=Race24h_NS09

I added these links even at the end of first post. Cu!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:55:46 AM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

Henry
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 12:24:50 PM +0100 »

GTLDK-Racing-Team

• Henry
  • Cosworth_DFV
  • (WRC) RM
  • Tomas

• Navin R Johnson
  • Jesper Christensen
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:29 AM +0100 »

I could be interested in this but hard to commit at this point as not sure of my movements/commitments around that date. Is there a deadline for entry? Love driving the Nord !  Cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com