by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 06:46:32 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @Nordschleife (28 june 2010)  (Read 12116 times)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 11:33:58 AM +0100 »

I could be interested in this but hard to commit at this point as not sure of my movements/commitments around that date. Is there a deadline for entry? Love driving the Nord !  Cool
Mark, it seems that the UK team is alredy completed for the moment. If you want I guess you to sign up as a reserve. If someone of the actual owner won't race for any reason... you'll be able to substitute him!
It's only necessary a bit of practice, because it's impossible to race without a good knowledge of the track. If you want to have some test, download the Nordschleife track, and come in VDA server to turn a bit sometimes. I'll send you the server password soon.

I think that cause of the high degree of difficulty, we would reduce so much the car damage... or it will be difficult to see the checkered flag...  after all it's a fun event!

At the moment we didn't make changes on the files, but we have to do some tests yet. Anyone of you has the program "WinRar" installed on his PC?!? I was thinking about a simple solution... Making 2 self-extracting archives: the first with the modified files. and the second with the original P&G files. In that way with 20 seconds you can re-install the original files when you want.

Cu guys Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Henry
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 11:43:42 AM +0100 »

well, drove the 275 yesterday and have to say: the engine overheating problem isn't a drama. there are enough straights, where the engine is cooling down.
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 01:01:21 PM +0100 »

At the moment we didn't make changes on the files, but we have to do some tests yet. Anyone of you has the program "WinRar" installed on his PC?!? I was thinking about a simple solution... Making 2 self-extracting archives: the first with the modified files. and the second with the original P&G files. In that way with 20 seconds you can re-install the original files when you want.

WinRar is a simple solution.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:46 AM +0100 »

Hi guys!

THERE'S AN IMPORTANT UPDATE TO JOIN OUR SERVER!

Some people was experiencing some disconnection issues after 10 mins in the server (it happened only in Nordschleife), and seems that  was caused by the old version of the track. So, we have changed the track version, bringing it to v1.1.

Link to download v1.1: http://www.humyo.com/9469759/Nordschleife%201.1.rar?a=8N22Xp6xdrE(before the installation of the new track, you have to remove the old folder "Race24h_NS09", that you find in c:/.../P&G Main folder/GameData/Locations)

Moreover it has been necessary to modify the engine file of the 275 Speciale, to strenghten it a bit... now it's quite indestructable Smiley
There are 2 self extracting files, one for the modified file, and one to replace the original file to avoid possible cheat issues in lobby.

Link to Ferrari 275 Speciale Engine Mod File: http://www.humyo.com/9469759/GameData%20275%20Engine%20Mod%20File.exe?a=-6Fhm1LOhvw

Link to original 275 Speciale Engine Original file: http://www.humyo.com/9469759/Ferrari%20275%20Engine%20Original%20File.exe?a=UEMYJiQdPOw

Both files are self-extracting, so it's enough to put the route of your main P&G folder, and then install the file.

Talking about the race, I didn't see any time of you (UKP&G or GTLDK) on our live timing, apart from Henry of GTLDK. Are you still interested in this race?!? It would be good for me to see some other people's laptimes, because as I said before you won't learn the Nordschleife in 2 laps, or in one evening... If you're not interested or you have no time to train, please tell it to me in advance, because I had some request from other teams, and I dislike the idea of a not full server for this event.
Please let me know something about this, and please start to try in our server, because if you experience some troubles the race day, it will be more difficult to solve it. In particular, I ask you to make this attempt, to see if with the new track you have some disconnection issue, but if you don't try in our server, you'll never know it Sad
Let me know something about, and if you have some troubles tell me in this topic Smiley I'll update the download links even in the first post.
Cu soon Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:46:38 AM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 11:42:32 AM +0100 »

P.S. I forgot to say, that before the installation of the new track, you have to remove the old folder "Race24h_NS09", that you find in c:/.../P&G Main folder/GameData/Locations.
If you have any problems ask me here, and I'll try to solve it. Bye Smiley

Henry
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29:21 PM +0100 »

thx, will do;)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:24 PM +0100 »

Talking about the race, I didn't see any time of you (UKP&G or GTLDK) on our live timing, apart from Henry of GTLDK. Are you still interested in this race?!?

Yes. Smiley

I will be on your server before the race. Some mod testing has taken up my time for the last day or Two and the other drivers probably as well.

I do know the circuit but, that tells me only one thing; I need lots of practise to make sure I can get to the end of this race. Grin

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 06:08:45 PM +0100 »

Guys. We need to finalize the driver and vehicle lineup. Speak up.

Mike Miller - L88
FullMetalGasket - L88
Ade - Ferrari 275 Special
H@L9000 - Ferrari 275 Special

Edit... FullMetalGasket chose the thundering L88.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:33:13 PM +0100 by Mike Miller » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 06:09:03 PM +0100 »

Yup I'm still interested too, just been busy with GPL and real life  Roll Eyes
Having realised which Vette it is available I'll volantier for that - I love the noise it makes  wub

As for training how does a 9 minute bridge to gantry lap in real life fare?  Grin
Henry
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 09:17:59 AM +0100 »

works all fine here;)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 06:38:24 PM +0100 »

Erm, got any links to the new track file other than Humyo?
Henry
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 08:17:58 PM +0100 »

http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/Downloads.aspx
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 08:38:38 PM +0100 »

Thank you Henry  thumbup1
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 10:41:30 AM +0100 »

Far too late now, but a shame we don't all have team paintjobs to make for more variety Smiley
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 03:07:16 PM +0100 »

Who do I have to hassle to get the VDA server password? Grin

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com