by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 08:31:24 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @Nordschleife (28 june 2010)  (Read 12219 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 03:17:14 PM +0100 »

PM'd  thumbup1
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 03:22:35 PM +0100 »

I just finished a race last night at the Green Hell with Race2Play. Seems like it is a slightly different version of the track so hopefully that won't throw me off. I had plenty of pace in hand, but like I often do here, the armco reached out and bit me leaving me with a severly wounded car. I had to crab it a little over 3 laps to bring it home.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 03:30:46 PM +0100 »

I noticed that too - the fast right hand kink a few corners before Karusell is almost like the GPL version - i.e. far too tight and I'm repeatedly clobbering the barriers there as I'm not used to it  Cheesy
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 05:26:56 PM +0100 »

PM'd  thumbup1

Thanks. Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:36 PM +0100 »

Weather: NAW setted on April/Continental

I am not familiar with this weather system. Is that the NoGrip Advanced Weather system? Is there a chance of rain? That could really make things interesting. Grin

I have been enjoying driving the Fezza and I am very much looking forward to the race. Smiley

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:54 PM +0100 »

I guess there will be a chance, but it's not so high H@l.

NAW means New Advanced Weather, and it's an utility created by the Italian guys of SimLeague.net & Lisgo.
ReadMe file of NAW:
"The idea of creating fluctuating weather arose because of a ‘bug’ in GTR2 that does not allow for weather
to evolve during the various race sessions. GTR2 generates weather conditions at the onset of a session, but
this weather then remains static for the entire session, including a race.
With the assistance of the communities around SimLeague and Lisgo, and with the aid of a meteorologist who
helped me refine the algorithms, I have created NAW, a programme that will accurately alter the weather patterns
of each session in GTR2, in a realistic way.

NAW acts on the ‘weather.txt’ file, a file that is generated by GTR2 in which all the sessions prior to
the race are stored. The meteorological conditions, and temperatures generated by NAW, are directly influenced
in a ‘simul-real’ way by the climate (or track) chosen, the month of the year chosen, and the time of day.
The values of the parameters, and the range used for each climate/track, hour or month, are visible in
the ‘.mbd’ folder within the application: This file is both visible, and modifiable, by anyone."

It would be a good utility if you like some rain during the race, here that's the link for download: http://www.autosimsport.net/media/downloads/GTR2_NAW_Setup.zip ReadMe file is in English, so you won't have trouble to understand how to use it on your server if you want to make an attempt.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2010, 04:52:06 PM +0100 »

Thx. Smiley

Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2010, 04:59:44 PM +0100 »

can they simulate rain on 1 half of the track and bright sunny skies on the other? isn't that the way it works in the Eifle mountains?
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 05:10:02 PM +0100 »

can they simulate rain on 1 half of the track and bright sunny skies on the other? isn't that the way it works in the Eifle mountains?

Unfortunately not Mike. When it starts to rain, it will rain in every part of the circuit with the same intensity. Same thing happens when it stops. It's only dinamic, because it can start and stop more than one time during a race, forcing people to change their strategy during a race.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 05:15:55 PM +0100 »

Certainly was when I was there in May  Roll Eyes
Can't complain though as the other 7 runs were all totally dry  Grin (helps having a car that needs over half an hour to cool between runs  hammer)
Henry
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 08:46:08 AM +0100 »

atm only 3 off us can join your server. hope to solve at least one of the problems.
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 03:00:35 PM +0100 »

I took some exploritory turns (notice I didn't say laps) last night in both the Ferrari and the Vette. The Ferrari is sweet around here and the Vette feels like a lumbering pig. I'm still crashing too much to compare lap times, but I gotta imagine the Ferrari is going to be quicker. Still, with a team challenge, that doesn't really matter. Once I figure out the limits, my plan is just to keep it on the island. I have nothing to report of on tire wear or fuel usage at the moment.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 04:57:55 PM +0100 »

I'm thinking that the rears will need changing minimum - They go quite slidey by about the 4th lap, enough to slow your laptimes at least  Smiley

Havn't had a go in the Fezza's yet but they do seem the faster cars  yes
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2010, 07:52:39 PM +0100 »

I'm trying to join the server with the blue Roger Penske vette, but I fail to get in the server each time. I can't load Bonni. I recently reinstalled P&G because I was having a similar issue with UK P&G server. I was able to connect to the VDA server with both the Roger Penske vette and the Ferrari 275 Special last night. I was by myself. Any ideas?
Henry
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 08:14:14 PM +0100 »

they start the Q. 1h earlier than written in first post Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com