by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:08:44 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @Nordschleife (28 june 2010)  (Read 11568 times)
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 09:22:14 PM +0100 »

I noticed that too Henry. Fortunately, I planned to start practice early and was good on time, but my computer still has issues with P&G. I'm reinstalling GTR2 and then P&G now.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2010, 10:15:08 PM +0100 »

Guys, it was definitely my fault for the early start. When H@l noticed it to me, I felt like a real idiot... I'm terribly disappointed about that  Sad Sad Sad Sad Don't know what to say other then repeating myself I'm a real idiot.

I think that any other word it's useless to describe my stupidity, and I deeply apologize especially with ade & Mike that didn't manage to join our server  Sad Sad. Hope that the guys who managed to join the race at least enjoyed it a bit.

Sorry again guys, I apologize to all of you... hope you will forgive me  :'(

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2010, 10:25:40 PM +0100 »

Lost it entering the Nordschlief on my final lap before pitting - hit the wall sideways and my engine exploded  Angry

At least H@l waas still going in about 9th/10th when I left...
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 10:27:14 PM +0100 »

No worries Manteos. Smiley

It was an awesome event and I would take part again any day.

I sadly ended my race early by 'doing a H@L' as they say. This is a new one. I came in for my pit at the end of lap 5, was getting fuel and managed to hit the esc key while putting my drink back on the table behind my keyboard. Embarrassed Lips Sealed :'(

I was having a great race with Ross McFarlen and a few others all the way up to the pit. I was in a 4 car train at the end of lap 4. Cool

Well gutted. Thanks for organising that VDA crew. Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2010, 10:30:35 PM +0100 »

Lost it entering the Nordschlief on my final lap before pitting - hit the wall sideways and my engine exploded  Angry

I saw your car with fire and smoke everywhere. Unlucky mate. Sad

At least H@l waas still going in about 9th/10th when I left...

SO, so gutted I ended it so stupidly. Sad

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:39 PM +0100 »

Did you get on the server in the end Mike? I can not remember seeing you on there.

Ade had problems with 'booted as cheat'. He absolutely did not forget the race was today, he absolutely did know that it was a mid week race. He also did not at all only just install the track at the last possible second. Grin

Go team!

Seriously though, it was most unfortunate that you guys had problems. Sad You missed a cracker.

Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2010, 03:14:28 AM +0100 »

No. I never made it on, but the VDA guys helped diagnose my problem with joining the server. They spent close to an hour with me on the problem. Many, many thanks to you guys for helping me. It turns out my computer/copy of P&G does not agree with [team] tags. The "[" character seems to throw things out of whack for my machine. Manteos will ask his mates to not use the "[" character in tomorrow evening's race at Charade so hopefully I can join that one. I'll need to reformat my machine over the weekend to see if that will cure the problem for good.
Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:05 AM +0100 »

http://ayrton.altervista.org/20100630_PnG_Nordschleife/

Here the report of the race

thank you all for attending the event.
In September we will do another event like this.
I hope you can attend because yesterday was really funny

See you this evening in Charade

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 09:35:58 AM +0100 »

No. I never made it on, but the VDA guys helped diagnose my problem with joining the server. They spent close to an hour with me on the problem. Many, many thanks to you guys for helping me. It turns out my computer/copy of P&G does not agree with [team] tags. The "[" character seems to throw things out of whack for my machine. Manteos will ask his mates to not use the "[" character in tomorrow evening's race at Charade so hopefully I can join that one. I'll need to reformat my machine over the weekend to see if that will cure the problem for good.

That's odd, maybe US keyboards have that character mapped to another key or something. Good spot though whoever hit apon that fix. Not your usual "I can't get racing" problem.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2010, 01:37:33 PM +0100 »

I'm glad to read H@l words about his race especially after my newbie mistakes in organizing this event. At least someone of you enjoyed the race, and it's good to know Smiley. I had a great fun during the first lap with T. Muttram and some other people all over the track... then I caught a Ferrari stucked in the middle of the corner orizontal to the track, and my race finished in that way... It happens Sad

I wanto to thank all of you for your attendance to the race!!! It was a difficult heat to see the checkered flag in the Green Hell, and only 9 brave guys managed to see it!!! I was really happy to see a full server starting grid, and that was such a victory to confirm that this glorious track is so loved by SimRacers in general. Personally is my favourite track for endurances, and every time I used to race in it was an amazing race!
I hope to see some of you in other VDA fun events we are going to do soon with GTR2 during July. I'll post more details during these days, so stay tuned  guys Smiley

Here I post the official Team & Driver Classification

RACE RESULTS: TEAMS CLASSIFICATION
1° ROTW RACING TEAM : 32
2° ON3B : 30
3° VDA2 : 24
4° GTLDK : 23
5° VDA 1 : 22
6° ON3W : 10

RACE RESULTS : DRIVERS CLASSIFICATION
1° Paolo Muià : 30 (ON3B)
2° Gavino Pintus : 24 (VDA2)
3° Stefano Bonani : 20 (ROTW)
4° Ross McFarlane : 17 (GTLDK)
5° Federico Fistarol : 14 (VDA1)
6° Ignazio Culmone : 12 (ROTW)
7° Francesco Basile : 10 (ON3W)
8° Luigi Torcisi : 8 (VDA1)
9° Henry : 6 (GTLDK)

LAPCHART:http://ayrton.altervista.org/20100630_PnG_Nordschleife/

Apologizing again with you for the troubles experienced in join our server, even if at least we managed to solve Mike' s issues with the [ ] characters, I hope to see you again in our server. You'll be always welcome!
Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com