by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 07:48:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of iRacing at SRouk  (Read 1456 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:55:38 AM +0100 »

That's quite a grand title isn't it Grin

I thought it might be a good time to explain my thoughts going forward with iRacing in SRouk.

We're coming to the end of S3 and I think the format that we're using works pretty well. This season has had larger grids and with my aim being to provide a format that's fun, challenging and accessible it's been a partial success at least.

However, it's clear that the current format doesn't suit everyone and while I'm more than happy to listen to ideas (I hope I've been quite open so far?) there's only so much consensus that can be acheived before someone (me) has to make a decision.

And that's fine but I'd like to explore if we can get some more enjoyment from the iRacing service. It is expensive and the more use we get out of it the easier it becomes to justify that expense to ourselves / other halves Wink

Personally. I'm pretty happy with where we are at the moment, I only really get to race once a week but if i get the chance to race more I'm happy running in the official iRacing series.

I am aware though there are guys with more available time (lucky sods!) who would like to do more with iRacing.

I don't think I can do any more under the current circumstances. I'll be honest, I'm not going to put any time, effort and cash into something I'm not going to enjoy or be able to commit to.

I'm organising, moderating and funding (to a current degree) the current structure and that's all I'm able/willing to do at the moment.

This is not a whine, I think most of you have known me for long enough to know that's not my style. I'm more than happy to carry on in this capacity if you allow me to.

I did want to let you know that if you want something more, someone else will have to step up to the iPlate Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:20:25 PM +0100 »

If theres an election I'll vote for you Pops! Wink

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:47:51 PM +0100 »

There's absolutely no reason we can't have another series or two being run on other nights by other members. I am concious that there's a danger we could end up spread too thin on the ground, which is why I've protected Sunday nights for UKGTR and Thursdays (and now Mondays) for UKPnG/UKGTL, but you certainly don't have to run everything Pops. laugh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:59:39 PM +0100 »

Pops I'll be honest in that I thought there was room for improvement with the voting system - but other than that one area I think you've done a great job at organising what was needed in the first instance. I think we do need one sensible league where people can really understand a car in depth, improve their setups and take this to a range of tracks, and that's what we've got - turnout is good and people on the whole are happy. It's iRacing though so you're never going to please everyone.

As a supplement, I would also just thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to race the garage full of cars I've got stacked up and preferably with you guys as this is where the racing tends to be best. I don't have enough time to compete in the iRacing leagues but I can squeeze in the SROU stuff just about and I know I often either have a Friday or Saturday night free so that would be doable too.

Fun friday night racing could be either a rotation of cars and tracks or perhaps even voted for each week so we're making sure we're getting what the people want. Just a thought.

WOuld be useful to know who's got what content actually - I guess that would need to be a vote again!
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 01:24:03 PM +0100 »

Pops I'll be honest in that I thought there was room for improvement with the voting system

All's well that ends well Wink

Legends Racing simracing team
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:38:37 PM +0100 »

I'm more than happy with the current state of affairs. My time is limited and if I did find myself with a free evening or part of, then I'd run some practice for the next event or do an iRacing race to keep my hand in. For me jumping in to lots of different cars will just upset my already limited abilities. You aren't all as pathetic as me though so obviously there is the potential for further iR action if the support is there.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:37 PM +0100 »

Same for me Ken and thanks for doing such a great job Pops
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:49 PM +0100 »

I'm more than happy with the current state of affairs. My time is limited and if I did find myself with a free evening or part of, then I'd run some practice for the next event or do an iRacing race to keep my hand in. For me jumping in to lots of different cars will just upset my already limited abilities. You aren't all as pathetic as me though so obviously there is the potential for further iR action if the support is there.

My feelings too, I might partake of the ocassion fun race on a Friday.

In terms of cars I'd prefer not to swap and change every couple of weeks as I prefer to learn about a car and master it

Regards
Gary
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:37 PM +0100 »

In terms of cars I'd prefer not to swap and change every couple of weeks as I prefer to learn about a car and master it...

...before I bin it in the race. Grin
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:37 PM +0100 »

Oi you cheeky git Grin

Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 07:48:47 AM +0100 »

Meow... saucer of milk for Mr Harrington, please.  Grin

Anyway, what Ken said.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 08:39:07 AM +0100 »

Mr Pops, nice post. Amen. Smiley

I think I'm one that would like an extra race a week because of the amount of money I'm spending on iRacing. If there was another series on another night then I would most likely attend it so I hope someone else can find some time to create another series for us.

You're doing a perfectly good job Pops. I'm not a fan of the Mazda, but the racing is good with it and others seem to like it's driving characteristics so if that's what makes the majority happy then you can't argue against it for the league. I would like to see us changing the cars each season, but not sure I'm keen on doing different cars in the same season, but I would do either still.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:47:48 AM +0100 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: