by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 06:48:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 4 car choices  (Read 1903 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:19:54 AM +0100 »

It's that happy time where I seem to make absolutely everyone unhappy Wink

What do you want to drive next season?

I'm going to make a suggestion... Shocked We stick with the current cars, Star Mazda and Riley.

Grids sizes have been very good on the whole and people seem to have been very happy with the racing, incidents are WAY down. All seems positive.

I know not everyone loves these cars but there isn't anythig that fits us all perfectly.

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:28:30 AM +0100 »

I'm happy to carry on with the Riley, although I'd really have liked to switch to the Radical.

I'll be sitting the single seaters out again. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:34:50 AM +0100 »

I wouldn't mind swapping the DP for the Radical either - I'm happy driving whichever of the two - but not really having used the Radical as much as I'd like I'd be interested in running a season in it.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:13 AM +0100 »

I think it would be nice to change both cars as I for one have a lot of content just gathering dust, that and I'm not keen on the Mazda and although the DP is ok, I'd still like to drive something else for a while.

The Radical did well on the car choices vote last season and I would be happy with that to replace the Mazda. If you really don't want to go back to the best car in the game (IndyCar) Sad then the V8 and Corvette, or even the Late Model are candidates to replace the DP.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:01:04 AM +0100 »

Solstice or MX5 and Radical or Daytona?

I don't think a car has to be quick for us to have good fun racing it.

Cheers, Ross.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:14:20 AM +0100 »

generally speaking, because of the restrictions of having to own all the cars to enter a multi-class race I'm not that keen on the idea and also it thins out the grid which I'm also not keen on.

I'll crystalise my thoughts somewhat... I see no reason to swap the Mazda for next season, we've only done one season in it, we can a different set of tracks next season and it give that single seater experience you can't get anywhere else.

A Riley v's Radical discussion has merit though.

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:23:31 AM +0100 »

Sorry Pops, just to clarify, I wasn't meaning to have multiclass races - just a couple of suggestions for the two 'classes' of cars.

I'm easy either way - I like the Mazda much better than the Indycar (really wasn't keen on that myself) and a switch to the Radical over the Daytona sounds like a reasonable idea although would also be happy enough with another season in the Riley.

Cheers, Ross.
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:10 AM +0100 »

Personally, I'm not that fussed.  I'd turn up if we were racing lawnmowers, but those who wish to exploit what they've already paid for may be a tad disgruntled.  Whether or not this would have a detrimental effect on grid sizes for next season is hard to say.

I'm happy enough with the current setup, but I keep hearing so many good things about the Late Model, especially on road courses, that I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

Poll?....or maybe not  Wink
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:11 AM +0100 »

Poll?....or maybe not  Wink

Could do it like real life, give the people a choice, but not till May next year and then ignore the result for another 4 years. Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 11:00:36 AM +0100 »

...and end up with something that no-one wants from totally different ends of the spectrum.  Cheesy
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 11:03:19 AM +0100 »

I'll give me what I want. We are NOT running the late Models (on the road Wink )

Poll's are a last resort as far as I'm concerned  Cheesy

Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 11:15:30 AM +0100 »

I'm happy to carry on with the Riley, although I'd really have liked to switch to the Radical.

I'll be sitting the single seaters out again. Wink

Similar view for me, I'd prefer to stick with the Riley but would not be unhappy to switch to the Radical. I'm not running the single seaters so not really bothered, unless we switch to the Skippy (ducks)

Gary
Adam Parle
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 11:19:50 AM +0100 »

I'll give me what I want.

Grin
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 12:15:17 PM +0100 »

I'm not ruling out a return to the Skip at some stage.

At the risk of repeating myself, iRacing is strong on single seaters and there is no real viable alternative to those that want that experience so I envisage continuing to offer a single seater series each season.

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 12:31:09 PM +0100 »

errr...... Dave's too good in the radical !!! He's been far too competitive recently  Angry  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: