by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 07:55:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which option suits you best  (Voting closed: July 18, 2010, 09:51:51 AM +0100)
I don't want to drive either car - 2 (7.1%)
I'll only drive the Riley - 1 (3.6%)
I'll do either but would prefer the Radical - 10 (35.7%)
I'll do either but would prefer the Riley - 4 (14.3%)
I don't mind either choice - 10 (35.7%)
I don't want to drive either car - 1 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 4 smackdown - Riley v's Radical  (Read 4998 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:06 AM +0100 »

I didn't say the DP was unpopular per se, I just said that from I can see from the poll and opinions expressed that the Radical looks like it may well be more popular.

Well I think your post implied very strongly that the races were under-attended because of the DP and you didn't mention the radical or the poll. I agree though that if a significant majority prefer to run the Radical then you should probably choose it.

Just for the record, I haven't voted for either.
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 11:25:30 AM +0100 »

I understand what you are saying Gary, but under the new proposed system, each Srouk season will last 2 iRacing seasons (9 races); giving everyone time to learn and adapt to the new cars.

With so many different opinions the fairest solution is to always put car selection up for a vote.

The majority should decide, not the vocal minority....

Despite a number of people being for nine races I thought the latest was that its back to 6 because some people don't like it.

Ok so why isn't the Mazda being put to a vote then?

Not trying to argue with you mate but I feel there is a little manipulation going on here and whilst I'm happy to swap to accomodate there will be a point where its easier not to, thats not a good way to get full grids either.

Gary
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 11:31:42 AM +0100 »

Well, I voted for "I don't mind either car" option. I don't do iR as much as I payed for it though I would but I trust Pops and I enjoyed most of the races. Will come for more to make it more crowdy and I don't mind in which car. I can pick my own choice in public races. Well, I don't but... Grin  

This discussion reminds me a bit of a "cucumber joke"
On the market one woman wants "thin and long cucumbers" and another wants "thick and short" ones. Then the third comes by and says Makes no difference to me, I need them to make a salad... Wink

Never mind me, go on... Wink
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:44:16 PM +0100 by Truetom » Logged
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:41 AM +0100 »

This discussion reminds me a bit of a "cucumber joke"
On the market one woman wants "thin and long cucumbers" and another wants "think and short" ones. Then the third comes by and says Makes no difference to me, I need them to make a salad... Wink

Never mind me, go on... Wink

lol, Nice one TT
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:31 AM +0100 »

TT -  Grin
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 11:58:16 AM +0100 »

I haven't announced anything regarding season length but I'm leaning towards a 9 race season.

There was no vote for the Mazda because I decided we were going to use it again next season.

That was based on the good attendance we've had, clean racing, positive comments on the races etc. There is too much disagreement at the 'lower' level as I discovered last season when I tried to put it to an open vote. I've said elsewhere, I don't like votes, they never seem to resolve anything.

(Next bit isn't aimed at you Gary, just a general observation)

I'm happy for people to let me know what they want but at some point I have to make a decision. Once the decision has been made it would be nice if everyone supported it.

The proof of the pudding etc... Let's see how big the grids are.

Legends Racing simracing team
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 12:28:39 PM +0100 »

stupid

Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 12:32:59 PM +0100 »

Iain, I think we sort of agree but for me sticking with it means ok, this is the selection and I will stick with it. Not oh I've done two races, don't like it and won't bother again, this will give us lower grid sizes.

Regards
Gary
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:24 PM +0100 »

New rule: Racing is mandatory unless you have a note from your Mum (or Gary)  laugh

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 01:23:19 PM +0100 »

stupid

Which one? Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 01:26:52 PM +0100 »

New rule: Racing is mandatory unless you have a note from your Mum (or Gary)  laugh

Nope, make it just me and before anyone asks rule 2 is there won't be any notes Grin angel

Gary
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 01:33:39 PM +0100 »

Gosh... can't believe all this discussion!
Mazda S4 tick love it!

DP missed the last one and will also miss the next one due to other commitments! Sad
( A lot more difficult to drive after the last build but have been sticking with it, I am tempted by anything else that is slightly less 'sensitive' to be honest )
If the Radical fits the bill then fine by me!!

V8 gets my vote !  Wink

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 01:56:36 PM +0100 »

( A lot more difficult to drive after the last build but have been sticking with it, I am tempted by anything else that is slightly less 'sensitive' to be honest )
If the Radical fits the bill then fine by me!!
Well unless it's changed since I last drove it it's a car that will spit you off the circuit in an instant if you don't stay well on top of it.  I suspect there'll be calls for change by race three.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 02:05:19 PM +0100 »

Well unless it's changed since I last drove it it's a car that will spit you off the circuit in an instant if you don't stay well on top of it. 

That's like all the cars in the game then. Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 02:31:09 PM +0100 »

Well unless it's changed since I last drove it it's a car that will spit you off the circuit in an instant if you don't stay well on top of it.

It's no worse than the DP in that respect as long as it's properly set up, and a lot easier than the Mazda or IndyCar.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: