Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 11:54:07 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19N Rouen: July 13, 2010
July 13, 2010, 09:46:15 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 2:05.420
---
1 38:28.850
---
18 2:06.651
---
Dunlop  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +1.430
---
2 +34.872
---
18 2:07.807
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.240
---
3 (+1) +49.215
---
18 2:07.314
---
Goodyear  
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 3 +0.266
---
4 +50.473
---
18 2:06.838
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 8 +3.783
---
5 +1:15.266
---
18 2:08.447
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +3.314
---
6 +2:20.049
---
18 2:08.832
---
Dunlop  
G Poole
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +4.641
---
7 +2:08.740
---
18 2:10.225
---
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 11 +7.624
---
8 +1L
---
17 2:11.615
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith

Honda RA272 F1 1965 9 +4.022
---
9 +0.595
---
17 2:10.012
---
Goodyear  
James Andrew

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 12 +9.593
---
10 +27.669
---
17 2:09.929
---
Dunlop  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.926
---
11 (+1) +9L
---
9 2:09.513
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +1.929
---
12 +17L
---
1 2:27.254
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 13 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Rouen is a great road based circuit that gives us good battles throught the field though it tends to favour the higher powered cars.

Tim drove an almost flawless race to take a Pole to Flag victory with a Fastest Race lap along the way.

That closes the gap at the top of the table but Pete's 2nd place means he keeps his lead, and Rog's underpowered Cooper brought home some points to keep him in with a shout.

I noticed that a few people took Stop n Go penalties here which is good, but some of them were unnecessary which is bad. However, they were nearly all taken incorrectly which is very bad.

There is a clear ruling on where a Stop n Go penalty should be taken so as not to impede other drivers who are using the pit lane at the same time, and that is in the stalls, no more than half a car width from the garages.

https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/penalties

However, as almost every Stop n Go here was taken incorrectly, and as the pit lane is open and others would not be impeded by a car taking an incorrect pit stop, I have decided to waive all possible penalties for incorrectly taken pit stops, despite warning that I would punish them following the incident at Mexico in Race 1 this season.

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7680#event2075

I will still punish those who did not take Stop n Go's when they should have done.

Ross is following Billy who was disappearing on the way down to the hairpin.

"Please note I have submitted my local replay to illustrate the warping. It doesn't appear as bad on the server replay. Whether that means it's my connection, not sure, but thought it best to report this so I can be advised on how to handle these situations in future."

Sadly warp is a factor when racing online in GPL and cannot always be avoided completely. It is particularly evident at the start of races when most cars are on track and close together.

If a car in front of you is warping you should keep a safe distance behind and if possible do not follow directly behind it but to one side, then if the server loses either one you and plots your position incorrectly, it will hopefully have you side by side whereas if you are directly behind the server will think that you have collided.

A good example of the server thinking a warping car was still racing at speed where it had actually slowed for a corner was Billy at Keimola earlier this season.

As this was lap 1 the warp was exaggerated and will tend to lessen as the field spreads so you need to be patient and hope those behind you will be equally patient.

Server replay time: 0h04m15s

Norbert rear ends Graham Poole into Sanson?
It is always the responsibility of the following driver to avoid a collision.
Graham takes a Stop n Go but did not need to.

As it was only Lap 2 neither driver was fully up to racing speed and had braked slightly earlier than normal.

Server replay time: 0h05m40s

Billy spins at the hairpin and rejoins the track as Ross approaches leaving him nowhere to go.

Billy knew Ross was approaching and thought that he would have enough time and space to rejoin before he arrived.

• Billy Nobrakespenalty — Inconsiderate Bad Rejoin — 1 place lost

Server replay time: 0h07m00s

MHunt rear ends A Baldwin into Scierie.
Al seems to drift across track a little under braking and is perhaps watching his mirrors rather than watching his line and turn in point but MHunt is still well behind him at this point.
MHunt brakes later than Al and closes under braking but does not have a clear overtaking opportunity nor does he seem to make an overtake attempt.
He loses control and has his wheels locked up as he hits Al from behind.
MHunt takes a Stop n Go but does not need to.

Ross approaches the hairpin but sees no yellow flags to warn him that RogUK is sitting across the track, Ross could go to the right and pass in front of RogUK but it is always difficult to second guess whether a spinning driver will remain still.
Ross appears to aim where he hopes RogUK will move from but RogUK does not move and Ross hits him.
Ross is slowing down for the hairpin and seems to slow down further when he sees Rog but still hits him.

RogUK takes a Stop n Go following this impact but does not need to.

Server replay time: 0h23m20s

Nigel takes a Stop n Go for his earlier SHIFT R which should have been taken sooner (the next time he passed the pit lane).

Server replay time: 0h28m00s

Rog takes a SHIFT R at the hairpin after getting stuck on the polos but does not take a Stop n Go after it.
He claims that he suffered damage following his impact from Ross earlier and his SHIFT R is for that reason, but clearly he is stuck on the tyres and takes a SHIFT R to free himself.

He takes no Stop n Go.

• roguk (rog uk65)penalty — Failure to take a Stop n Go — 30.000 seconds added

RogUK again takes a SHIFT R at the hairpin after getting stuck on the tyres.

His Stop n Go is taken incorrectly but this is waived as are all others.

Server replay time: 0h36m00s

As Tim enters the straight he sees cars across it but he had seen no yellow flags on his approach.
He sees the incident and does slow down taking avoiding action but just clips Nigels Honda.

Both continue unaffected.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65) - Rouen (1955-70) - Jul 13  (Read 7500 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:25:19 AM +0100 »

Season 19 Novices Trophy - Round 8 Rouen

Bonjour mes amis, Round 8 of the season sees a welcome return to Rouen-Les-Essarts, a great circuit built on public roads with both fast sections, a slippery chicane and blind bends.

Rouen hosted five Formula One French Grand Prix races and is featured in the original game because of the blandness of the Bugatti track. Good choice.

With a wide opening section there shouldn't be too many T1 problems but please be careful when the field is compressed at the hairpin. French polos are every bit as tough as the Mexican variety.

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5.UKGPL
IP Address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race Date = 13-07-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Rouen
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Long (18 Laps)
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

We have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Novices are as follows:

NOVICE CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
2 - BT11
3 - Cooper
4 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BT11) but if he would prefer to drive either the Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins his first race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The following drivers have made their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
Driver
Chassis
D-Rock
Lotus 33
NHance
Brabham BT11
roguk
Cooper T77
maddog
Cooper T77
maestro
Brabham BT11
il_lupo
Ferrari 512
happyal
BRM P261
Billy
Brabham BT11
gilles27
Lotus 33
G Poole
Brabham BT11
BookieW
BRM P261
Sharkfin
BRM P261
norbert
Ferrari 512
Vosblod
Lotus 33
Burtoner
Brabham BT11

RESERVES
Driver
Chassis
Nigel Smith
Honda RA272
karlisss
Honda RA272

The following drivers are still to make their chassis choice:

RESERVES
DriverSeeding
miner2049er

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:54:53 PM +0100 »

Mr Happy  Grin Grin Grin
Well done Bill on a storming qually, had to go out a second time.
A win so no complaints, those I lapped were exemplary.
One scare - heading for the last lap and there was a spin in front - slowed as much as I could but it cost me my one spin. Luckily I had built a cushion but found myself facing the right way without having to use the Shift/R.

Anyway great race for me...
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:08:03 AM +0100 »

Well doen to Tim, Peter and Billy. Great racing guys.

My race was good, I enjoyed that one. I was quite slow in Quali, so down at the back-ish for the start. I was careful on teh first lap and tried to settle into my race.
That worked quite well and picked up a few places as other people had issues and spins. Had quite a uneventful race, I had 2 spins, a little battle with Martin, which I think should be left for the mods to look at, but apart from that I was clean and clear.

Good race overall. I will be missing the next one as I'm on honeymoon, hope you guys have a good race. I should be back (only just) for Watkins, but I'm not sure I'll be able to race, as I'm guessing I'll be a little tired. hope too, but we'll have to see.

Good drive from my new Clarkhill teammate Ross, who made a good recovery to 4th too, also Roger, who had a spin in teh last few laps, otherwise you've of been up there too.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36:40 AM +0100 »

Honeymoon!!!??? BIG GRATS AL punk punk

Although surely you could have postponed it until after the season was over?? whistling

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:28:12 AM +0100 »

I suspect my qually lap was something of a fluke – about 1.5s better than PB. Half wondering if the GPL clock was slow, although Prib was showing green in all four sectors. Halfway through qualification I was looking at pole position – but happy to settle for 2nd. Well done to Vos for pace & consistency in the race – a well deserved win. Also to my team mate Maestro whose 2nd place takes him to the top of the championship table.
Happy with 3rd place finish – first podium in a 65 championship race. Had a couple of detours to the scenery. The only major one I had enough gap to recover before losing a place. Also glad to see the chequered flag as Ross was making up ground fast.

One thing of note – the starting grid was spread at 15 yard intervals – rather than the usual 9 yards. Bearing in mind my 67 race at Rouen ended in a Lap 1 pile up – I’d vote for the 15 yard gap on a regular basis.

PS. Al B – I do recall you posting some photo’s of your new foot-pedals on your bed – suggest you don’t do that on honeymoon. Congratulations & have a great trip.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ross Neilson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:42:55 AM +0100 »

Disappointed to not make the podium but given the race I had 4th isn't too bad.

I was happy enough with 3rd on the grid but following Billy into the hairpin on lap 1 his car kept disappearing, I tried to be cautious but he reappeared right in front of me and I spun trying to keep my distance. Not sure if it was an issue with my connection (it's not wireless) but will have to check server replay later. Apologies to those who had to take avoiding action; luckily there were no collisions.

A couple of laps later Billy had a spin at the hairpin and, as he tried to recover, tapped me into the polos. I lost a lot of time turning around whilst trying to stay off the racing line, leaving me in 8th.

By lap 10 I'd recovered to 5th and was closing on Rog. He spun at, you guessed it, the hairpin, and I picked the wrong side to go and hit him. I needed a reset as my car was damaged but managed to catch Rog a few laps later when he spun (no guesses where) and then kept 4th to the flag. I was closing on Billy for 3rd but ran out of laps.

Well done to Vos for a consummate win, and Pete for an excellent second. Also top marks to Billy for a good podium and a fantastic lap in qualifying.

Al - enjoy your honeymoon, surely you should have arranged it for the off season though? ;-)

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:58:43 AM +0100 »

Finally, a race where I felt confident of doing well.  I'd pounded out the laps in practice, perfected a setup, studied my opponents form, and had a good feeling about the outcome.  Unfortunately though, I wasn't able to join, using the intended '67 Cooper from the previous weeks race, and this would make things more difficult. Sad

Needed a perfect practice lap, to come close to the Chapman duo, but no luck, even after fully winding the rubber bands!

Brave men were they, who took to the track in such machines.  I had the strange feeling of impending doom. But with engine screaming, I crept, and leaped off the line rather slowly, from 5th, which allowed Norberts Ferrari to squeeze past, into the first bend.  Next, with the annual hairpin gathering, being smaller than expected, I decided to press on without stopping.  Then had Maestro briefly in my sights, before fate stepped in, and the track leaped unexpectedly to one side!  It was the first of several such encounters, with obstacles, known as corners. Undecided

Before long, I detected a problem with the car, which was now insisting on applying the forces of nature, on its unwilling victim.  And I started suspecting things might be going from bad to worse, when I clouted a tree at 140mph.  I confess, I've not spent much time in a centrifuge, but wouldn't recommend eating lunch beforehand.  Very probable that in 5 seconds, I achieved a record number or gyrations, in any F1, able to continue.  Though such a goal becomes problematical, when the track won't stay still! Roll Eyes

It was around half distance, when I parked the car - wedged it into a nice gully, next to a tree, where it wouldn't roll away.  And was treated to a couple of great scraps, towards the finish, while I spectated.

Graphics woes from my computer, or connection, had helped with my record breaking attempt, while trying to feel my way around the track.  I'd recently had the same trouble at Imola.  But regardless, I don't think I could've come close to the top 3.  Apologies to Alistair, as I couldn't quite get hauled up in time, and glad it didn't cost you much.  I stop and go-ed rather sheepishly (not them again!).  It seems to me, that everyone is getting faster!  So I'd have to say, well done to everyone, and stop that, it's naughty! Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:05:37 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
BookieW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 12:45:24 PM +0100 »

A nice race to come back to.  I was able to log on shortly before the end of qualy and turned a few laps with race fuel.  Started from the back and slow....it's been awhile since I raced.  Had a relatively uneventful race with a couple of offs.  Benifited from retirements and spins to finish eighth.   Good to be back if only on an interim basis.

BookieW
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 03:19:47 PM +0100 »

After qualifying 4th expected to see Vos, Bill and Ross disappear into the distance in the race.
Great times from you guys.

In the end early problems for Bill and Ross gifted me 2nd place.

With Vos off into the distance on his own, settled down and backed off a little bit as Prib was showing those behind me falling further away

In the end a very quiet and lonely race but nice to finish 2nd

Now a bit scary as leading the championship and Vos is definatley on a roll

After 4 wins in 6 races, is there anyway I can get Vos's Lotus changed to a BT7?  Wink

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:29 PM +0100 »

After 4 wins in 6 races, is there anyway I can get Vos's Lotus changed to a BT7?  Wink
Whoah tiger  whistling clown
Perhaps the top two should automatically get the BT7 and Cooper respectively  Wink
Ross Neilson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 04:00:59 PM +0100 »

Whoah tiger  whistling clown
Perhaps the top two should automatically get the BT7 and Cooper respectively  Wink

That gets my vote  laugh

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:15:43 PM +0100 »

After 4 wins in 6 races, is there anyway I can get Vos's Lotus changed to a BT7?  Wink
Whoah tiger  whistling clown
Perhaps the top two should automatically get the BT7 and Cooper respectively  Wink

I've a couple of extra rubber bands I could lend you. Kiss
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:05:38 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:17 PM +0100 »

In all seriousness, I detected rumblings of Lotus this and BT7 that so I will address it here without derailing the thread if I can.

Tim has more wins than anyone else but he is not running away with the Championship, or even leading it, before or after 2 race deductions. Even if Tim won Zeltweg with Pete second, Pete would still be top, and if Tim won Zeltweg with Pete third, Tim would be leading the title by 1 point, and RogUK still has a big say in which way it goes, so it looks like the title will be decided at the last race, which suggests the handicapping is spot on.

Having said that, Tim will be "invited" to change division or chassis next season, but for those reasons I will leave him in it for the remainder of this season.

With 100 points each still up for grabs I'm sure maddog and NHance still harbour some faint hope of victory too.

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 10:46:18 AM +0100 »

I am off on holiday, so will miss the next round in Austria.  A pity, as I'd already reserved  a 3th place finish.  I dare say I could let it go though, in return for a 2nd at a later race.

I was actually in Zeltweg, for the 1970 GP, which turned out to be even more interesting than expected.  It was hot summer weather, and I passed out from heat stroke - came sliding down a steep, dusty bank, and landed, on top of a cameraman.  Came to, and went staggering off down the trail, without stopping to apologise.  Moved off to a cooler spot for the GP, which was something of a Ferrari fest.

The family headed back for the '72 race, but a slight problem, with a slight spot of Appendicitis, put me in an Austrian hospital instead!  Seems to me, it would've been safer to be on the track!  Anyway, if anyone bumps into an annoyed cameraman on Tuesday, tell him I went home! wacko

maddog.
Statmeister

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 02:50:43 PM +0100 »

Stat results after round 8 - Vosblod took the consistency prize while there was a 3-way tie in the High Climber race.

* (P) in the Climber-Meister table denotes adjustment due to Moderator Penalty
** 0.00 in Consistency table denotes average laptime deviation > 5 secs cutoff
*** 2 worst scores to be dropped
**** Drivers must complete at least 50% of the season to qualify for Climber-meister final table
***** What's this about? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7653.msg135854#msg135854
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com