Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:13:49 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19A Rouen: July 13, 2010
July 13, 2010, 10:24:05 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 1 2:04.355
117.676mph
1 48:30.512
115.640mph
23 2:04.718
117.333mph
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.075
116.667mph
2 +16.773
114.978mph
23 2:05.792
116.332mph
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 9 +2.466
115.388mph
3 +44.157
113.912mph
23 2:06.316
115.849mph
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +2.882
115.010mph
4 +51.871
113.615mph
23 2:06.426
115.748mph
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +2.700
115.175mph
5 +1:23.414
112.418mph
23 2:08.069
114.263mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.716
117.002mph
6 +1L
115.626mph
22 2:04.680
117.369mph
Dunlop  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 8 +1.314
116.445mph
7 +12L
114.331mph
11 2:06.105
116.043mph
Disco
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 12 +3.273
114.658mph
8 +15L
111.373mph
8 2:07.315
114.940mph
Disco
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.801
116.923mph
9 +17L
111.464mph
6 2:07.583
114.699mph
Disco
Goodyear  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.569
117.140mph
10 +21L
112.628mph
2 2:07.943
114.376mph
Disco
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.013
116.725mph
11 +23L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 7 +1.218
116.534mph
12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
2 UKGPL_T7

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 13 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

A clean race with no reported incidents.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Rouen (1955-70) - Jul 13  (Read 7690 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:28:36 AM +0100 »

Season 19 Amateurs Trophy - Round 8 - Rouen

Bonjour mes amis, Round 8 of the season sees a welcome return to Rouen-Les-Essarts, a great circuit built on public roads with both fast sections, a slippery chicane and blind bends.

Rouen hosted five Formula One French Grand Prix races and is featured in the original game because of the blandness of the Bugatti track. Good choice.

With a wide opening section there shouldn't be too many T1 problems but please be careful when the field is compressed at the hairpin. French polos are every bit as tough as the Mexican variety.

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race Date = 13-07-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Rouen
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Pro
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = 50 minutes (23 Laps)
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

We have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Amateurs are as follows:

AMATEUR CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari
2 - BRM, Honda
3 - BT11
4 - Cooper
5 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BRM or Honda) but if he would prefer to drive either the BT11, Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins his first race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The following drivers have made their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
Driver
Chassis
Phil
Ferrari 512
EvilClive
Cooper
Bernie
Lotus 33
John Roberts
Brabham BT11
FullMetal
Brabham BT7
b_1_rd
Lotus 33
policardi
Brabham BT11
al heller
BRM P261
Nicky
Brabham BT11
clutch
Lotus 33
kinghiro
BRM P261
g jonsson
Brabham BT11
Jimmy Rye
BRM P261
natan
BRM P261

RESERVES
Driver
Chassis
Hristo
Brabham BT7

The following drivers are still to make their chassis choice:

RESERVES
DriverSeeding
Bartosz
Asbjeurn
Ruud
Bob Whitwell

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:29:33 PM +0100 by Phil Thornton » Logged

JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:10:11 PM +0100 »

Looked like the big comeback was going well, until I suffered a power cut. Sad

think I qualified 4th before that happened  Smiley
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:29:09 PM +0100 »

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
well , anyone around could explain me the secret of how to extract fun out ukgpl amateurs races if you got kicked out permant by other drivers ?

this time it was Clutch at the hairpine... after that chrash my engine was damaged and gave up a lap later ...

another `no go ` : Fulvio at the start.. if the leading car in front of you clearly closed the entry to the next turn  ( in this case T1 ) , then there isnt anyway to overtake !!

keep in mind ; as long you havnt  overtake ,you have to stay free from the leading car , that simple.

for now its race number 3 in which I have been slaughtered .. wonder how much it will be to the end of this season , as well I wonder whatfor I should waste my time for that...
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:53:46 PM +0100 »

Grat s AL Tim and Steve , well done Phil good result mate .Tough on you guys Nik and James , I know how you feel had to take a few early baths myself of late

After spending most of the day up a ladder knocking 3 bells out the brickwork I was exhausted, so just poodled along at the rear . kept getting cramps in me hands which slowed me down even more , decided to carry on in spite of it and suprised to finish 6th though a very lonely race and was sure I would get lapped at one time .

Conclusion

Nice day out in the country , should have taken a picnic, girl friend and beer  Grin
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:01 PM +0100 »

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
well , anyone around could explain me the secret of how to extract fun out ukgpl amateurs races if you got kicked out permant by other drivers ?

this time it was Clutch at the hairpine... after that chrash my engine was damaged and gave up a lap later ...

another `no go ` : Fulvio at the start.. if the leading car in front of you clearly closed the entry to the next turn  ( in this case T1 ) , then there isnt anyway to overtake !!

keep in mind ; as long you havnt  overtake ,you have to stay free from the leading car , that simple.

for now its race number 3 in which I have been slaughtered .. wonder how much it will be to the end of this season , as well I wonder whatfor I should waste my time for that...
No word for your Shumy move Niky...

My bad move at Mosport wasn't on purpose, yours it seems it was. To avoid your car and the hailbails I should have to slam on the brake. Anyway I don't like fill protest so don't worry, I''ll take the bad.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 11:26:21 PM +0100 »

Apologies Nicki

Locked the fronts up a little and it appeared to be a tap but your car shot off and burst into flames.

I can't remember us connecting before and i try not to make a habit of it as my past record should show.

It certainly wasn't a pass attempt, but my mistake. I'm very sorry.

I retired a couple of laps later by driving off and parking it next to a tree as i felt guilty.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my usual BT11 next season as my first (and last) year with the Lotus has been a joke - can't get to grips with it and have no desire to.  Sad
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 09:33:52 AM +0100 »

Thanks to Tim for the tow in quali, which squeezed me up to 3rd on the grid. This season I have been unable to pick up a tow in quali at most tracks, but here it worked well. The Cooper always feels like it is undergeared to me...revving its bits off and going nowhere!!!!

The start was good and I hooked up to the back of Goran's BT11 as he chased Al's BRM up front. I was happy to sit there for a few laps and see how things developed. The crucial thing for me was to stay in the "Tow Zone" as we got on to the back straight, so I kept it as neat as I could from the hairpin up through the twisty bits and got pulled up the hill.

I think Nicky was in 4th, but he dropped back a bit after 2 laps and I had a nice clear gap behind me, so that I could concentrate on tailing the 2 cars in front.
It was clear that I was quicker through the fast bends but suffering on sheer grunt out of the slow corners, but that was OK because the 3 of us were drawing away from the cars behind and I was content to sit back and go along for the ride.
Then Goran got a bit wild out of T1, which I was taking flat in 6th gear..eyes shut...no lift....hold on tight. He slowed and I thought for a moment we were going to have a problem but his car took him onto the grass and he disappeared into the valley.
I was now in 2nd spot but Al was just too far in front for my comfort and to be sure of the tow, so a bit of demon braking into Nouveau Monde and  full commitment up the hill got me on to his gearbox before the straight  Grin
Still pulling away from the chasing cars , so I let Al take the strain, sorry Al but I'm old and I need all the rest I can get Roll Eyes. Still a long way to go so no rush to pass him, but he was being very quick and consistant in that BRM and with his extra grunt on the straight I was having to work on the bends and braking to keep him honest.
With about 10 laps to go Al ran wide at T3 and I squeezed through, although it was earlier than I had planned to attempt to take the lead I had to go for it.
The next few laps i tried to shake Al off my tail but that damned BRM was just sooo quick on the straight that he pulled back all my gains every time Undecided I know how frustrated Hristo gets ad i'm blowed if I know how he manages to actually pull away sometimes??!!
Eventually Al got alongside and re-took the lead with 5  laps to go and I tucked in behind waiting for a chance to pounce.
I knew I was quicker through T1 and down to Nouveau Monde and that was where i was going to sweep into a glorious lead on the final lap...............except for one small detail Roll Eyes I clipped the kerb on the inside of T1 ( for the first time in the whole race!!!) and that was the beginning of the end as I bounced across the track, mounted the wall of death, slewed back across and onto the grass, went hurtling off down the valley and wiped 2 wheels off on a French tree!!!
Grats to Al for a great and fair race , really enjoyed that dice Grin Bigger grats for his first Am's win,  very well deserved from where I was watching Shocked. Grats to Tim for a good recovery and Steve for the last lap sneak on to the podium.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 10:54:43 AM +0100 »

A big congrats to Al for his first Am,s win and to Tim for second and, another best of the season to Steve for 3rd, WD.

My own race begun well, second on the grid and a good start, holding on to that second position. I had no problem following Al, only I was a bit worried about Clive behind and hoped that Al would go a little faster so that we could get rid of that annoying mosquito behind me, or else I would have to pass him. That was my thoughts comming out of that T1, wild??? OK I don`t really remember because when approaching T2 I noticed that my brake pedal was kind of stuck, and before I had time to figure out what was happening I fund myself by the trees with no wheels on my car.

So, that was the end of my 3rd race that day. The two earlier ones had ended with screen freezes so I guess it was good to have something else happen for a change.
Did I say that it was because of the date, the 13th, or is it that just superstition.

Göran
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 12:36:32 PM +0100 »

First of all thanks to Clive for a really fair (albeit damn hard) fight. It takes quite a lot to scrap for some 20 laps in GPL without incident so I was genuinely sorry to see him go off on the last lap as he deserved better. FL in the Cooper takes some doing.

Well I think I’d better scratch Rouen off my “tracks I don’t like” list now… wasn’t expecting to go that well here but the BRM at last played its trump card & gave me enough extra grunt to grab my first Am’s pole. Grin Had my mirrors full of a feisty-looking Goran for the first few laps & I was rather hoping that him & Clive just behind would forget about all about me & start fighting each other. Sadly that didn’t happen & Goran’s early retirement on lap 3 served to unleash the full force of Clive onto me.

The next 20 laps proved to be an exciting strategic battle - it was pretty clear that Clive was faster than me through several corners & especially T1 & T2, but as long as I could avoid errors the BRM power could buy me just enough time down the straights to keep the Cooper at bay. This was great in theory but Clive’s relentless pressure eventually paid dividends & he burst through on lap 14. It was now my turn to follow & I spent the next few laps trying to figure out a safe place to try & retake the lead. On lap 18 I finally managed to get back past down the long straight, but having witnessed Clive’s last-corner podium steal in the 67 Rouen race I knew this wasn’t over by any means. I pushed as hard as I dared in the last few laps, almost outbraking myself at the end of the back straight, but Clive remained firmly glued to my tail. I was expecting a titanic fight in the last lap but as I approached the hairpin I suddenly realised that the dreadful vuvuzela noise had finally stopped ringing in my ears & the Cooper had vanished. 

My target for my first season in Ams was a podium so I’m absolutely chuffed with this unexpected win – especially after I’d tossed away 2nd at Schottenring & 3rd at Sachsenring. Thanks to everyone for the congrats & WD to FMG for another impressive showing in the BT7 & great to also see my teammate Steve on the podium.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:40:29 PM +0100 by Al Heller » Logged
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:15 PM +0100 »

No word for your Shumy move Niky...

My bad move at Mosport wasn't on purpose, yours it seems it was. To avoid your car and the hailbails I should have to slam on the brake. Anyway I don't like fill protest so don't worry, I''ll take the bad.
Ciao

Smiley
Fulvio its not my intention to bring up an bad atmosphere here .
But with all respect I absolutely cant understand your point of view in that .
it was all over selfconflicted by you . 100% mission impossible what you tried .
 I mean you havnt overtake and same time you were running out of track .
 so off course you had had to slow down .
You cant expect a car in front of you will move only to gave you the possibility to reenter to track out of pit exit area .

still: as long a driver havnt overtake , he had to stay free from the leading car.
and the leading car can go where ever it want to , as long its not weaving .

I started from left grid position and from the first moment the flag was down  , I started to changed over
to the right side of track .
That was only one move .
btw. what means `shumy ` ? my small dictionary dont tell  Grin

kindly regards
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:09:50 PM +0100 by NickyIckx » Logged
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 07:46:00 PM +0100 »

shumy = Schumi (Schumacher).

b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 08:48:11 PM +0100 »

Still not happy with my pace, but it turned out ok for the race.  Thanks to most of the lead guys going out I was running 5th around 5 seconds or so in front of Phil, then lost concentration for a moment which resulted in a spin.  Phil passed and darted away at a rapid pace!

It took most of the remaining laps to crawl back to the draft and managed to close in for the last 5 laps.  Another faller saw us 4th and 5th and a combination of good defensive driving by Phil, the pull of his fez engine and several minor errors resulted in me following him to the last lap.  I had only 1 chance left to try an make a move stick at Scierie, but Phil was good there in previous laps with his breaking and I wasn't wanting to throw the race for either of us with anything to daft.  I managed to stick with him at close range all the way around the lap and got good drive out of Sanson to follow up the hill.  Phil held a nice defensive line on the run in to Scierie and I reverted to the normal race line, hit the brakes as late as I dared, trying not to risk compromising the exit too much, we were pretty much side by side and I couldn't see Phils car but just as I went to turn in I caught a gimps of the rear of the Fez coming around, I had to make a quick move to avoid potential contact but still expected to get a knock.  It must have been just enough as I got through the corner and left poor Phil recovering the spun Ferrari.  To my surprise I noticed Evils name up as a passed car also!  I thought Prib had got it all wrong, but I was amazed to find I'd claimed a podium spot!  Made me feel a bit guilty but I guess you have to be there at the finish.

Great fun Phil, some great, fair driving there.

WD to Al on a sterling performance and Tim for a good recovery drive.  Commiserations to Clive.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:02 PM +0100 »

Results imported so you can now submit your incident reports (Nicky, Clutch and Fulvio please submit an incident report so I can take your points of view into consideration Wink)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 09:26:02 PM +0100 »

Great fun Phil, some great, fair driving there.
Yes we've had some great battles this season.  I don't mind loosing in a clean fight (winning isn't everything, it's the dicing I enjoy), we were side-by-side in a few corners but we gave each other enough room.  Although I couldn't see you in my mirrors I knew where you were and could trust you not to do anything daft.  I also knew you would beat me if you got past, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to retake the position Wink.  Pity Bernie couldn't make it a 3 way battle, he was very close but once he lost touch with us it was hard for him to get on terms.  Going by the lap times, there wasn't a lot between us.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 11:50:41 PM +0100 »

I was half hoping to join battle but my qually didnt go well , I had faffed around with the gearbox ratios, clutches and stuff for race setup in the blind hope that I would smash the WR and get to taste champers .

So much for the theory , In reality I made the car slower ( or was it me ) the prob was getting up that hill from the hairpin where I was losing out badly .

Lap1 and I let Phil by in the hope of a tow from the Ferrari (actually he just drove past me ) , then thought I will "just tag along in his draught"  for 15 laps or so then breeze past when I was on light fuel,  but I only got a view of Marenello exhaust for a short while before you were gone  Undecided

Think I need a new mechanic , the one I employ at the mo just isn't up to  Soggie Bottom Racers Standard  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com