by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 05:21:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 lap Porsche 906 Race at Spa 2004 14th July  (Read 6810 times)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 11:32:07 PM +0100 »

10 of us finished and I count 4th as ner win. Wink Too bad it wasn't raining anymore later. Undecided

Masochist!

I made it as far as lap 23ish, which included a pit stop for a full 20,000 mile service and valet, then decided that I had had just about as much fun as a body could take.

So I parked it in the pits and wandered off.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:40 AM +0100 »

Clive, did the daylight acceleration work?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:03 AM +0100 »

Some say not but at only x2 it was difficult to say.  It was dusk as we started and after an hour, when I had had enough, it was as black as the inside of your hat.

A better test is required.

You can test for yourself by hosting a race via the LOCAL NETWORK option on your PC.  As I see it, it doesn't matter if anyone else joins.  

Hosting a race in this way appears to enable you to be the host and take part in the race as well.  I will be testing this with some test sessions with Simon.  This could be very handy when the UK server is on other duties.

And thanks to admin for moving this thread to its proper location.  I'll get it right one day, honest!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:59:50 AM +0100 by Clive Loynes » Logged

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 09:14:55 AM +0100 »

A tough race, but enjoyable most of the time anyway. A tentative start and a few close shaves with spinners at Eau Rouge early on and I settled into the race. Had trouble keeping concentration (cos I'd been to the pub Smiley) and had a couple of silly spins which put me well down the field. Pitted late for fuel only and happy to finish 7th even if I had no headlights for the last lap.

Congrats to Marco on his win and thanks for the invite  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 09:30:48 AM +0100 »

Glad you enjoyed it Tudor.

I removed one of my headlights on the rear of TT's car when he didn't move at the start.  I struggled on as it got darker and darker and wanted to get as far as the pit stop so that I could see if two headlights made any difference.  It didn't.  They are like candles in jam jars.

And the ratbag who switched off the flood lights that were illuminating the big yellow drums on the approach to the chicane can't fight either!

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 09:34:13 AM +0100 »

It was dusk as we started and after an hour, when I had had enough, it was as black as the inside of your hat.

Huh I was driving without lights when I was on my own as the skidmarks on the tarmac were better visible than with the lights on. It was never really dark, not for me. I wonder about the discussion a few seasons back after the really dark Imola race - I think there are some graphics settings to make the night not as dark. Or is it just my imagination. Roll Eyes Anyway, I turned the lights on only 'cause I was in close proximity with other cars and might be dangerous the drive with lights off.

Edit:
I removed one of my headlights on the rear of TT's car when he didn't move at the start.
Well, I use auto-clutch and the car didn't move as fast but I didn't oversleep the start. Sad
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:36:34 AM +0100 by Truetom » Logged
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:06 PM +0100 »

Hehe Clive was in hurry at start  Grin

Thx for joining the race.
I had a nice battle with TT in the same tiger car (can you reveal your name or you're an ex Tito secret agent?  Grin, I live near Trieste  Wink ) for the first laps, but then I went a bit wide at Stavelot and he passed by.

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:33 PM +0100 »

Having done a little test at x10 daylight acceleration I think that the answer must be no.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 12:23:18 PM +0100 »

Having done a little test at x10 daylight acceleration I think that the answer must be no.
From the test I did some time ago on T7 server, I can confirm that it doesn't work in multiplayer sessions. Indeed I put a doubt about it when it was announced on Mara forum, but I had tried only in lobby session so couldn't  negate about the LAN session.

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 12:25:39 PM +0100 »

That's what I thought too so hence my eagerness to discover if some clever person had found/created a workaround.

ATMIT only Rfactor has this facility built in for multiplayer races.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 01:35:03 PM +0100 »

I had a nice battle with TT in the same tiger car (can you reveal your name or you're an ex Tito secret agent?  Grin

Why ex? Wink
I also live near Trieste Hit with a wet fish , in a small town called Ljubljana. whistling  Comming over for a beer? Smiley
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 02:41:25 PM +0100 »

I had a nice battle with TT in the same tiger car (can you reveal your name or you're an ex Tito secret agent?  Grin

Why ex? Wink
I also live near Trieste Hit with a wet fish , in a small town called Ljubljana. whistling  Comming over for a beer? Smiley

I prefer wine  Smiley
Never visited Ljubljana, I always wanted to go to the jazz festival, but actually never did.
Maybe a chance to discover your name  Smiley
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 05:43:53 PM +0100 »

Cool. Cool PM me if you do. Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime