Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 10:44:00 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S19N Zeltweg: July 27, 2010
July 27, 2010, 09:40:25 PM +0100 - Zeltweg - UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 2 +0.459
---
1 45:35.600
---
24 1:53.032
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.618
---
2 +12.580
---
24 1:53.074
---
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +0.878
---
3 +23.135
---
24 1:53.479
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith

Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +2.934
---
4 +1:04.975
---
24 1:54.355
---
Goodyear  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:51.770
---
5 +1:44.965
---
24 1:52.980
---
Goodyear  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +3.557
---
6 +15L
---
9 1:56.550
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +2.448
---
7 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Despite a low turn out people seemed to enjoy this new version of the track. One of those that takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

There were rumours of discontent with the handicapping at various times this season but we enter the final race with as many as 5 potential champions, but in truth it is likely to go to the front runners Vosblod or Pete Maestro.

After 2 race deductions Vosblod has an 8 point lead over Pete so a win for Pete would make him champion wherever Vosblod finished, so it is all to play for. The sums could get tricky if they finish lower down the order but a win for either would seal it.

There are also interesting battles lower down the order so it looks like nobody can rest too long on their laurels and as we finish the season at a Papy track there should be no excuses of unfamiliarity.

Will the division leaders move up to Amateurs next season or will they chose to stay in Novices in a slower chassis?

Who goes? You decide................

Server replay time: 0h01m00s

NHance and Vosblod contest T1 and both are careful to keep to their side of the track on the long approach.
Vosblod brakes earlier and both reach the turn in point roughly level but NHance turns in too much and crosses the centre line making contact with Vosblod who continues unaffected.

NHance is pushed out by the contact and hits the barrier but is able to continue.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h39m05s

Pete Maestro gets caught on the barriers and continues to drive along them. This isn't exactly rail riding and he didn't seem to gain an advantage from it.

Rail Riding is clearly defined in the rules but Pete did not do this on purpose and no advantage was gained.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h41m46s

Pete takes a SHIFT R in the pits following damage in his spins and the barrier episode.

Even though he stopped in the pits to take his SHIFT R he should still make a further stop to take a Stop n Go. Taking a SHIFT R in the Pit Lane does not constitute a Stop n Go.

Pete saved time by doing it this way as he only had to come to a stop once and not twice.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 19 (2010) Novices Trophy (65) - Zeltweg (Österreichring) - Jul 27  (Read 3365 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:50:03 PM +0100 »

Season 19 Novices Trophy - Round 9 Zeltweg

The Zeltweg Airfield was used for a Formula One Grand Prix as early as 1964, but we are racing at the nearby Österreichring where races were held from 1970 to 1987 and from 1997 to 2003 before the track was dismantled for refurbishing.

Please note we are using the recent 1971 version with improved graphics. (zeltw71)

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages.

Don't forget to use the updated 65 mod for this race.

Please be in the IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server = 5.UKGPL
IP Address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race Date = 27-07-2010
Time = 21:00
Track = Zeltweg (zeltw71)
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qually Time = 30 minutes.
Race Length = Int Long
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

We have split the cars into groups based on average performance and split the drivers into groups based on average ability. The chassis numbers for Novices are as follows:

NOVICE CHASSIS GROUPS
1 - Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
2 - BT11
3 - Cooper
4 - BT7

Each driver has been given a seeding number and must pick a chassis with either an equal number or higher number but not a lower number. For example, if a driver is given a seeding of 2, he must pick one of the cars in group 2 (BT11) but if he would prefer to drive either the Cooper or BT7 he may do so. This means that a driver given a seeding of 1 can pick any chassis he prefers.

**NOTE**
Whichever chassis a driver begins his first race with is the chassis he must use for the remainder of the season unless a change has been agreed with the moderator.

The following drivers have made their chassis choice:

FULL TIME
Driver
Chassis
D-Rock
Lotus 33
NHance
Brabham BT11
roguk
Cooper T77
maddog
Cooper T77
maestro
Brabham BT11
il_lupo
Ferrari 512
happyal
BRM P261
Billy
Brabham BT11
gilles27
Lotus 33
G Poole
Brabham BT11
BookieW
BRM P261
Sharkfin
BRM P261
norbert
Ferrari 512
Vosblod
Lotus 33
Burtoner
Brabham BT11

RESERVES
Driver
Chassis
Nigel Smith
Honda RA272
karlisss
Honda RA272

The following drivers are still to make their chassis choice:

RESERVES
DriverSeeding
miner2049er

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race which is available here:
Jamesonline.net/UKGPL

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:33 PM +0100 »

Well no walkover here - the top four were tight and I was bottom of the pile. Shame it was such a low turn-out, 24 laps was loooong.
Got an ok start and think Norm and I agreed our 'closeness' was either warp or 50/50 but apologies if I was in error - justice gave Norm the spot I coveted soon after.
After that it was drive for fourth until I found Pete admiring the roses. From then on it was drive for third as no chance of catching the front two.
Congrats to Ross and Norm for being unbeatable, and well done Pete on an amazing qually time.

So it's all down to the last race - a favorite of mine but I think others might know this track too  Wink
See you there...
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:04 AM +0100 »

Chuffed to get the win here after less than ideal preparation (real life gets in the way of sim racing sometimes!!).

There was no chance of getting pole as Pete lived up to his surname with a corking lap; I was pleased to get a PB for 2nd place. I got off the line well, but so did Pete (as ever!) so I followed him for the first few laps. Tim tucked in behind in 3rd but after he ran wide and dropped back it allowed me to focus on catching the leader.

After a while Pete went off at T1 (possibly anticipating another Westwood? Smiley) and I kept the lead from there to the end. It wasn't quite as simple as that though as I got a lot of pressure from first a recovering Pete, and then a charging Norm. Mid-race Norm and I were very evenly matched but in the end he dropped back and I carried on to win.

Should be fun at the Glen, once the two worst scores are dropped Tim and Pete are almost level Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:16:34 AM +0100 by gilles27 » Logged

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:06:35 PM +0100 »

I have written this without looking at the replay
Blew an engine in qually so had to carefully adjust my driving style so as not to do another one in the race.
If you follow the replay it looks like a lonely race for me but in fact it was 45minutes of unrelenting pressure. Had an incident with Vos at turn 1 lap 1 which involved the mildest of contact & I lost a place to Nigel but I will be dissapointed if either of us is penalised. Nigel went wide & I was back to 4th & after that it was pressure to try & get with the leaders which I couldn't do. When Vos went off I was 3rd & he was 3+ sec behind for ages. Then Pete also had a moment & I was 2nd. but 14 secs behind. Suddenly it was 4 & I was reducing it. Seems ridiculous now (laugh if you want) but at that point I actually thought I could win it. Embarrassed
But Ross is made of stern stuff  & he stabalised it at 3 secs before drawing away to win. Vos must have had a moment as when I spun & lost 10 secs he was far enough back so I resumed with a lead of 4+ secs. Hit the rev limit when I missed a gear so worried about the engine. Last 2 laps scrappy & it was over
Pity about the low turnout. On to the Glen where I don't need reminding last time I finished 9th out of 10. Its tight for the championship, even I could win it in certain circumstances, but it's also tight for 8th place so a lot of drivers have something to aim for. Well done Ross & Vos see you all at the Glen
Norm H   
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 11:00:38 AM +0100 »

Wow, very pleased getting my first pole in qualifying
Not quite sure where the time came from as it was well below my PB. Have to thank FMG for a setup and some driving advice. Cheers Tim.

So started in first for the very first time. Bit nervous, but was OK off the line and into T1. kept it all together OK.
With the first few laps gone, and the top three staying close together I was looking forward to a race long battle.

But, odd on lap 4, entered a turn and the car just broke away on the rear. No idea why. It seemed as if I had a puncture or a sudden loss of grip. Prib was showing odd low tyre temps on the left rear.

That cost me two places

Did the same thing a few more times during the race, which in the end put me down to 5th, which still sounds good, but with the low turnout was actually last.

Looking forward to final round at Watkins. Its all very tight at the top and all three places at the end of the season are up for grabs

From the moderators report
"Pete Maestro gets caught on the barriers and continues to drive along them. This isn't exactly rail riding and he didn't seem to gain an advantage from it.@
I was actually stuck with my left wheeels on the wrong side of the barrier and i couldn't get off the *** thing but it was letting me move forward. odd.

didn't know you cant combine the ShR and SnG, so will remember for  next time

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com