by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 01:23:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL UK Launch Races: November 04, 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL UK Launch Races  (Read 9591 times)
pswillies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 07:26:50 PM +0000 »

I'll try and drop in for a bit.  It's a bit of a change from GTR... need some more practice with those mini's!

Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 10:06:17 PM +0000 »

Well, that was both enormous fun and very frustrating. After surprising myself by getting on the front row alongside Shark for the Cortina race, having set the fastest time in practice, we both jumped the start and had to stop and go. Good fun working out way back up to finish 7th and 8th.

After that, despite my dislike for the FWD Minis I ws something like 5th on the grid for the Magny-Cours race. As the session started I went to the grid... and then wondered where everyone else was. Huh Then after about 90 seconds it told me my connection had been lost. Angry

Lots and lots of potential there, but the patch is needed badly, and I do wish there was a simple hack to get all the cars and tracks because I don't have the time or energy to play my way through all those stupid cups. Undecided

To finish first, first you must have fins.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 10:59:20 PM +0000 »

Superb fun, such a great game. Thanks all. Not sure what it is about GTL but the racing is super close and you can make some great saves when you are out of shape and just keep on trucking Smiley

I believe there is a hack over on RSC Dave. I've completed only a handful of cup races and already have the cash to buy whatever lower car I want, selling as needed to get cash for a car for a given race. And then racing online gets you even more (but not with you lot Wink). I suspect I'll join you in a hack eventually though!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 11:27:36 PM +0000 »

It's still great Grin.

Our new kitten bit through telephone extension and cut me off in first practice. With skillfull use of my teeth got back just in time. Took the lead, with the odd first lap pistop of the Gymer brothers, only to get punted off from behind. All three races I followed this model of battling near top only to be sent to the rear. Just made the racing even better as the whole field is so close and battling in a mixed car, same class, race was simply sublime.

Thx to picnic and all.

p.s. can we have a cobra race asap?     

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 11:34:20 PM +0000 »

Then after about 90 seconds it told me my connection had been lost. Angry

Lots and lots of potential there, but the patch is needed badly, and I do wish there was a simple hack to get all the cars and tracks because I don't have the time or energy to play my way through all those stupid cups. Undecided

Hmm, not had any probs other than it losing my wheel completely every other online race. I agree we need the patch especially to increase server limit and iron out the crashes in the lobby that some people are getting, but still no reports of 1 fps so that is really promising and generally the net play is excellent. The start works, the lights work, all little imrpovements over GTR.

The Cups are worth doing just to force you to have a go at all the tracks in lots of different cars. It really doesnt take long to get enough money to buy decent cars. I've only completed 2 of the cups but have loads to play with now. Just need to win the GT40 really as I really want to have a go in that.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 08:46:16 AM +0000 »

I had a few game problems last night, when I first started the game didn't respond to the wheel or pedals. Into controller and it couldn't see any changes, even if I re-selected the wheel from the input controllers. Quit, ran the controller thing in Control Panel to check it could see the wheel, yup was the answer so back in to GTL. Can now see the controller but had binned all my settings, not just the wheel related ones, anything I had changed.

Then there is the chat window, in many ways an improvement over what's in GTR but it doesn't tell you anything about the state of the game, session ended,, race about to start, how quick everyone is going etc. Then you can't scroll the list of races to see all the times (apparently this is a known problem and will be fixed in the patch)

As for server replays, how disappointing is it that a known problem in GTR (which I guess will never get fixed) still makes it in to the release version of a new game. And it's not even a subtle problem, no wheels in the server replays.

On a more positive note the racing can be very close and slight contact doesn't automatically result in one of both cars having an off. We had some seriously good racing last night, especially when we all had the same kit. But then that tends to be true of spec racing in GPL/GTR/rFactor as well. This sim will give me many hours of fun but I just wish SIMBIN would finish a product  Cheesy

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2005, 09:15:18 AM +0000 »

Thanks to Shark, Zip of the replays now available http://ukgtl.simracing.org.uk/

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2005, 10:21:35 AM +0000 »

The core of the game is there though and sweet as candy!

The issues are little niggles that should have been fixed but Simbin, sorry- weren't  Wink

I'm interested to see how things sit after the patch since it looks like it will solve the vast majority of issues we've had/have with GTR/GTL, like the missing wheels in the replays. I crashed 7 times trying to refresh the server list last night and was pretty frustrated but, again, this is supposedly fixed with the patch.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2005, 10:35:03 AM +0000 »

SBG- Look at the lotus race at anders @ 329.151 television mode, talk about syncronised drifting, pity i couldn't keep it on the track, would have been sweet Wink
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2005, 10:47:10 AM +0000 »

I'm up for another go tonight if anyone is interested
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2005, 11:50:27 AM +0000 »

Picnic 

That controller problem is another bug left over from GTR and can be fixed in same way. Go to controller options then ff options and then click them off then on again. It works for me anyways, just seems sloppy for them not to have fixed it.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2005, 11:54:55 AM +0000 »

That controller problem is another bug left over from GTR and can be fixed in same way. Go to controller options then ff options and then click them off then on again. It works for me anyways, just seems sloppy for them not to have fixed it.

I've used that technique to cure no FF but never had a problem where nothing worked and all my bindings are reset. I will however try this if it happens again, cheers

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2005, 11:57:37 AM +0000 »

I'm up for another go tonight if anyone is interested

Server is still up and and I'll leave it so.

If I can't make it (or Shark) you will have to vote next session/event and agree if you want to limit cars. Not sure if I will be there, depends on the weather, which is meant to be rubbish so I expect no fireworks and I will be there  Wink

mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2005, 12:50:00 PM +0000 »

I'll be there tonight I think. At what time do we start?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 01:09:28 PM +0000 »

I'll be there tonight I think. At what time do we start?

Tonight is a bit ad-hoc so no set time. I get the feeling people join when someone else is already there so if you're game go camp on the server and others often come Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com