Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 06:13:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motec question.  (Read 1249 times)
Craske
« on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:47 AM +0100 »

Hi, I've been trying to get my head around motec, been poking around and have read some guides but I can't seem to work out the over steer trace.

I have stopped my motec marker where the steering angle trace and the oversteer trace follow each other, The other line I drew in paint and it shows the oversteer trace going in the opposite direction to the steering anlge trace.

I guess that where the traces go in opposite directions it is because I'm counter steering over steer, but it seems to be happening far too much for that so I don't know.   Huh  Huh  helpsmilie

I'd be really greatfull if someone could claify this for me.
Busi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:25 AM +0100 »

The directions in which both lines point have nothing to do with each other, so there is nothing to understand with them being in the opposite or same direction Wink

The steering wheel angle shows when you are turning right (line pointing up) or turning left (line pointing down). Or viceversa, don't remember now. If the track is Thruxton then I think I'm right with what I said.

The oversteer line shows when you are having oversteer (line pointing up) or understeer (line pointing down).

At the moment where you stopped the motec marker, you were turning left and having some understeer. That must be the left hander of the final chicane. Meanwhile, at the red paint marker, you were turning right and also having understeer. I would say it is in the very fast and long right hander, so the understeer was pretty high.

In this lap you didn't have any oversteer at all, maybe you should make the rear end a little happier and play with your hands a bit Smiley

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Craske
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 12:07:18 PM +0100 »

oh o.k I completely missunderstood then, Thanks the reply it's much clearer now.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:07 PM +0100 »

wacko
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com