by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:26:34 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @ Istanbul Park  (Read 6228 times)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2010, 02:39:05 PM +0100 »

"Welcome to the Turkish home of motorsport"

VDA Team is pleased to invite you to this Endurance event in Istanbul Park on 15th of September 2010.

This race will be a head to head challenge between Shelby Cobra 289 Coupè (only Willment) and the Lotus Elan (only '64).

Event Format:
- Teams of 4 drivers
- Every team must choose 2 Lotus Elan (only '64!!) and 2 Shelby 289 Coupè (only Willment!!)
- Free Pit Strategy

At the end of the race will be declared the winning team and the winners for each class according to the following scoring:
1st  Classified – 30
2nd Classified – 24
3rd  Classified – 20
4th  Classified – 17
5th  Classified – 14
6th  Classified – 12
7th  Classified – 10
8th  Classified – 8
9th  Classified – 6
10th Classified – 5
11th Classified – 4
12th  Classified – 3
13th  Classified – 2
14th  Classified – 1

This score is splitted for each class, then Lotus Elan and Cobras 289 will compete for two different classifications.  
Moreover, points will be assigned only to the drivers whom cut the checkered flag.

What you need to join the server:
-P&G 2.1
-Istanbul Track + Modified engine file for Lotus Elan: http://www.humyo.com/FCrSYMC/P%26G%20%40%20Istanbul.exe?a=cvJ1uCTFFCM or http://www.filefront.com/17200799/VDA-PG--Istanbul.rar/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original Engine file Lotus Elan: http://www.humyo.com/FCrSYMC/Lotus%20Elan%20Original%20Engine%20File.exe?a=HRl4VuuIm6o

Engine file was change to don't let the Lotus to be so advantaged in pit strategy.

Race schedule:

20.30 (CEST): Server start

21.00 (CEST): Official Qualifying => 1 hour - unlimited laps

22.00 (CEST): Warm up => 5 mins.

22.05 (CEST): Race start => standing start –  90 mins free strategy

Race’s info:
Weather: Sun
Rules: those of common sense and those reported by F.I.P.V
- During the Official qualifying and race sessions the use of the chat  is forbidden. However, limit its use to avoid  discomfort to others drivers, and especially do not  use the chat leaving the car on the track. TS usage is strongly raccomended.
- In case you have to leave your playseat for a long time, please abandon the server, because you could block eventual votes for the advancement of sessions.
- If you're engaged in a hotlap but a driver behind you comes much faster, you are obliged to let him pass, trying not to ruin his lap. At the same time the oncoming driver must use headlights to signal his urgency to overtake. If you already know you're not making a good lap, avoid the use of lights or disturb the other drivers.
- If you are coming back on track after a mistake, pay obsessive attention returning on track
- In the case of spin, rollover or accident avoid to stand in the middle of the track, press the ESC key quickly avoiding to harm whoever comes.
- During training sessions avoid as much as possible to hold the server in race session especially in 4/5 users during the busiest hours In this way you will not allow the access those who want to train; server will be restarted every time the Race direction deems necessary to stop any abuse regarding this.
- At the end of your race, wait until all drivers have finished their race, avoiding to disturb them using the chat.

Server informations:
Server Name: VDA PnG @ Istanbul
Password: to be requested via pm

After the race will be started the server can be restarted only under a decision of Race Direction and only due to a catastrophic event  affecting the race start!

Remembering to test the server downloads before the race day to avoid any kind of issues,
VDA Staff looks forward to see many of you on track!

For further information fell free to ask!

Registration for this event is open to all our twinned Clans, to the teams that participated to the ROTW championship, and to the Uk P&G friends. The application must be submitted in this post http://vda.forumfree.it/?t=50063445 or directly in this topic, and I will provide to sign your team Wink

Upon reaching 28 available places, those who enroll later will be included among the reserves.

VDA LIVE TIMING:
VDA Live Timing for Istanbul event: http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/trackview.aspx
Fastest lap Times: http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/statistiche.aspx?Pista=6Istanbul

VDA STAFF
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:49:26 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:32:53 PM +0100 »

I like the sound of this one. Istanbul is a wonderful track imho and the Lotus is one of the few cars I feel comfortable with in PnG. Anyone fancy joining me for this?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:58 PM +0100 »

Hi Goldtop, I hope you create a team. If you can't do this, if you can run in one of our two teams. We would like to host an English friend in our team

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:07 PM +0100 »

I like the sound of this one. Istanbul is a wonderful track imho and the Lotus is one of the few cars I feel comfortable with in PnG. Anyone fancy joining me for this?

Hi Tudor,

Mark Craggs [MARA] and I are looking for a couple of Lotus Jockeys if you are interested mate.

They seem to be like hen's teeth!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:55:23 PM +0100 »

Hi Tudor,

Mark Craggs [MARA] and I are looking for a couple of Lotus Jockeys if you are interested mate.

Don't be afraid to say about this event even to MARA guys! You're always welcome you know! If you don't manage to collect a team, we can host you in one of VDA teams, or like a Wild Card for the event... it's not a matter, it's a fun event you know! C'mon guys!!!

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 10:50:23 PM +0100 »

Hi Tudor,

Hmmm....might be interested........as it's the only offer I've had Grin  Seriously though, I'll let you know Clive; I had a quick turn round here in the Elan the other night and it seemed to have a mind of it's own, swapping ends on me at every opportunity. I'll give it another try and see if I'm going to be any good to you.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 07:00:24 PM +0100 »

Hi Tudor,

Hmmm....might be interested........as it's the only offer I've had Grin  Seriously though, I'll let you know Clive; I had a quick turn round here in the Elan the other night and it seemed to have a mind of it's own, swapping ends on me at every opportunity. I'll give it another try and see if I'm going to be any good to you.

We got a team!  

If you can tame the Elan then we have You[Elan], Me[Cobra], Mark Craggs[Cobra] and Lorenzo[Elan].

I had better download the track.

Do we have to bugger about with the Elan File if we are driving the Cobra?  Grin

PS  Could do with an idiot's guide on what to do with the Elan file.  When I download them they come without a file suffix although I have realised that they are .rar files.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:01:57 PM +0100 by Clive Loynes » Logged

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:16:04 PM +0100 »

Ok guys, I've signed up your team Smiley

Just a few news for the race guys:

- We decided that it's allowed to choose all the Lotus Elan of the group, so... even the Willment Wink
- 289 Coupè seems to be slightly advantaged during the first laps, cause of its engine power on the straights, and it's really an hard work to overtake the american beast... but after some laps the Elans will have an advantage in terms of tyre wear, so I'll bet in some come back before the pit, in which Elans don't need a tyre change like the 289 probably, but without changing the tyres last laps will be an hell for the 289...
- Remember to install the modified engine file for the Lotus, or you will get booted as a possible cheat on the server!!! Wink. Re-install the original one it will takes you only 20 seconds, with the self-extractor that you find in the first post!
-That's the link to the 289 Coupè setup of Lele. For me it's really good => http://www.humyo.com/FCrSYMC/289%204.svm?a=m1XHlq_iWtY. That's a setup for the Elan, but I don't know the property Smiley => http://www.humyo.com/FCrSYMC/Elan%20.svm?a=67LzWwxaEMU
-At the moment Estonia vs Italy = 1-0
- To have an idea of the best laps in qualif fuel, you can look at the VDA Live Timing http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/statistiche.aspx?Pista=6Istanbul

I think that's all. I will send the server password to Clive and goldtop, so you can try if it's all ok with the server.
Cu soon Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:57 PM +0100 »

That's great guys, I had a blast with a different setup in the Elan and it seems better. I'll get those files sorted out.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:21 PM +0100 »

When you install the track it installs an Elan Lotus file.  But which one is it?  I assumed that it was the modified one and that the "original" was on the other file.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:35 PM +0100 »

When you install the track it installs an Elan Lotus file.  But which one is it?  I assumed that it was the modified one and that the "original" was on the other file.
Yes Clive, modified engine file is with the track. The original engine file is alone.

Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 01:23:31 AM +0100 »

I did a series at nasasimracing a while back where the series leaders were in a 289 cobra and a lotus elan. When dealing with pit stops, the Elan has a good measure over the cobra as it is better on tires and much better on fuel. The races were always interesting. If the track has a long enough straight, the power of the cobra can offset the fuel advantage.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:35:28 AM +0100 »

What gives with all the Alfas that have appeared on the best laps board?

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 12:16:30 PM +0100 »

What gives with all the Alfas that have appeared on the best laps board?
It was only a delirium night... sometimes we like to change car... that's all!

Don't care about those laptimes Clive! Cu soon!

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:05:39 PM +0100 »

HELP!!!!!!

Need lots of wise words.

In between the two Gamers crib races tonight I id my usual Defrag of the PnG folder uing Game Booster but now PnG will not run.

The culprit seemto be a file called binkw32.dll but I cn't see it on the disc.  Guess it gets unpacked during installation.

Hmm............    Just hd a thought.  The GTR2 instllation should have a good one of those.  I will copy it aross.

If that doesn't work then I'm going to need to know how to get out of this mess.

Please!!!

EDIT 1
Nope, that didn't work.
Is there an alternative to a complete reinstall?
This is the message:

...........and it appears before the screen with the three GT40s and the bloke with a flag.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:25:02 PM +0100 by Clive Loynes » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com