by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 12:35:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @ Istanbul Park  (Read 6741 times)
Mark Craggs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:50 PM +0100 »

Sorry Clive, didn't see this post very early. I shall look into it now.

For some reason I have had to rename my PnG game contents folder. It is called PnG_A at the moment. That seem to fix a problem I was having for some reasom a little while ago. Can't remember the details though apart from it not working.
Mark Craggs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:17 PM +0100 »

Check this thread out:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25994748

EDIT 1: Looks like the same file is used for race 07 so I don't think it is built specifically for the game. I will send you my version by email.

EDIT 2: Also see this:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224883
This mentions checking the dll is in the correct folder as it can get moved. Mine is in the root P&G/GTR2 folder.

Edit 3: The size of the dll on my machine is 34,584 bytes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:13:50 PM +0100 by Mark Craggs » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 10:02:16 PM +0100 »

Hope you get it sorted Clive, I'm afraid I'm no help here - good luck.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 12:52:26 AM +0100 »

HELP!!!!!!

Need lots of wise words.

In between the two Gamers crib races tonight I id my usual Defrag of the PnG folder uing Game Booster but now PnG will not run.

The culprit seemto be a file called binkw32.dll but I cn't see it on the disc.  Guess it gets unpacked during installation.

Hmm............    Just hd a thought.  The GTR2 instllation should have a good one of those.  I will copy it aross.

If that doesn't work then I'm going to need to know how to get out of this mess.

Please!!!

EDIT 1
Nope, that didn't work.
Is there an alternative to a complete reinstall?
This is the message:

...........and it appears before the screen with the three GT40s and the bloke with a flag.

Clive, I don't know how to help you... but the right question is: Why you make a defrag of your P&G folder with game booster  Huh Huh Huh Huh Grin

Thats my binkw32.dll http://www.humyo.com/FCrSYMC/binkw32.dll?a=G8Gu1WritYQ file of P&G folder, but I don't know if it could be helpful... I guess that for the next time it will be better if you don't defrag your P&G folder Wink

I hope you will solve this trouble in time for the race!!! Cu tomorrow!!

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:10 PM +0100 »

Clive, I don't know how to help you... but the right question is: Why you make a defrag of your P&G folder with game booster  Huh Huh Huh Huh Grin

Quite simple really.  If I don't then the game will CTD every time that I try to race.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:51 PM +0100 »

Quite simple really.  If I don't then the game will CTD every time that I try to race.

That's even more strange... sometimes it happens that my game crash after leaving a server and then I rejoin it. It happens usually when the game is loading the circuit, and it stop to load it, than my pc goes immediately on desktop screen without any message of game crash... In that case for me it's enough to restart my pc.

However, P&G is working now?

Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Mark Craggs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 09:29:19 PM +0100 »

B*****d PC. Perfect timing. Sorry Fulvio & Goldtop Sad

The force feedback seemed to be working in reverse. I messed around too long wondering if I could gamble on rebooting in time or not (I wasn't sure if I would be allowed the 2 mins before the race).  I also wondered if it might right it's self for the race. In general far too much wondering was going on.

From what I could tell if it had stayed as it was, it would have been undrivable. Annoying because I had done a lot of practice (not that you would notice), as I found the car & track tricky.

Anyway hope you both had better luck? Keeping my fingers crossed (and away from any hammers).  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:32:34 PM +0100 by Mark Craggs » Logged
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 06:27:12 AM +0100 »

Oh dear Mark.  Hope your pc hasn't caught anything from mine.

I just about had PnG running as the race started.  I was just looking for the "Lobby gone for a tatas patch" when I popped onto the live timing window and could see that Tudor and Fulvio were in there and had done a lap.

When I looked later, Fulvio was our only team member.  Sad

PnG isn't running as well as it used to and I can't remember how to get the HUD to show.  I shall be lethal tonight as I won't have a clue who I racing.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 11:29:16 AM +0100 »

First of all I'm disappointed about the amount of drivers in the server yesterday night... A lot of people waived during the last 2 days, and instead of be 21 drivers in the server, we were only 13 at the start... I can assure you that for for the organizer is not such a good surprise when you expect more than 20 people and than you find only 13 into the server...
I was a bit angry and a bit frustrated about that, because this event deserved a full grid in my opinon...

About Mark, I was talking with my parents during the warm up, and I didn't noticed you had to abandon the server cause of the steering wheel Sad so we lost another driver before the start Sad. I regret in particular because you trained a lot for this event, and you aren't even able to start the race Sad

In Italy we says that this event was a real "hole in water", and i want to excuse with all your team for the few attendance. It's a pity for events like this, and I was a bit frustrated for the event failure...

Sorry again guys, I hope you will forgive me...

Cu

Mark Craggs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 01:22:07 PM +0100 »

Shame you didn't quite make the race Clive. Sounds like you were very close Sad I had my fingers crossed again.

About Mark, I was talking with my parents during the warm up, and I didn't noticed you had to abandon the server cause of the steering wheel Sad so we lost another driver before the start Sad. I regret in particular because you trained a lot for this event, and you aren't even able to start the race Sad

Please don't worry about that Manteos. Always seems that if I do more training than normal something goes wrong Smiley Anyway I really appreciate you organising the race. I know how much work goes into these things. Hopefully I will get time to join another race sometime. Many thanks Manteos Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com